It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay so it's firework time. Will we see more bird die offs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
So, it's that time again, when fireworks are being shot everywhere. Since fireworks were the reason given to explain the massive bird die offs in this area around New Years, lets see if it happens again. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it won't happen again, because fireworks weren't the cause of the deaths....period!

So keep eyes on this and lets see what happens. Please report anything you may find.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
sadly no fireworks in oklahoma this 4th of july
burn bans stink

and yes, i believe we will see more bird die offs, but not necessarily from fireworks!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

I would gather there's more fireworks on the 4th of July than on New Years Eve. I better carry an umbrella to watch the fireworks this year, I don't want to get bombarded by falling dead birds.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
So, it's that time again, when fireworks are being shot everywhere. Since fireworks were the reason given to explain the massive bird die offs in this area around New Years, lets see if it happens again. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it won't happen again, because fireworks weren't the cause of the deaths....period!

So keep eyes on this and lets see what happens. Please report anything you may find.

Fireworks are being banned in most of the south central states because of the draught. Water holes, small streams and stock tanks are drying up at an incredible rate. There was no typical spring growth of crops or wild flowers and vegatation. Plus, record-breaking heat is multiplying the effects. Farmers are hauling their livestock to the stockyards because the price of feed and water makes them a burden, not a paycheck. What we do not see directly is the loss of wildlife that will be horrific also even if it isn't whole flocks falling out of the sky.

If you live in any of these areas, keep a container of open water out for the birds and small animals. Birds can fly several miles for water, but rabbits, squirrels, etc. cannot travel that far beyond what was their usual, local source. Seeing them find your water and come to it day after day can be good for your karma.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
fireworks have been going off for days on and off. No birds have died in fact they see the fireworks and go in a different direction.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'm from the pacific northwest and I heard mortars all night and not one dead bird.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Ban or no ban, fireworks will be shot. I live in MS it's 103 right now and hadn't rained in months. There's fireworks going off as I type.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I am in NW Arkansas and everyone is popping fireworks around here. No dead birds yet!

I am wondering if someone will intentionally kill birds around here to match the new years story...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Funny, I was thinking just that as for the first time in my life I haven't heard a single firecracker go off yet. They are now illegal where I live
and apparently people are not going to do them anyway, which is quite surprising. It wouldn't surprise me if a few die offs were faked just to make that stupid excuse seem real though.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It wasn't fireworks or ufos. It was chinese lanterns that killed those birds

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I know of one case of a bird's death being directly related to fireworks, but that was a pretty unique case.
It did cost Disney a few bucks, though, to settle a "traumatic shock" case out of court.

Mass die-offs, though? Nope, not happening to my knowledge.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
With burn bans being in effect in drier states, as well as heavier regulation for smaller fireworks...

I see this less of a concern this year.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I don't think there are as many roosting and flocking birds this time of year compared to then. Those starlings and blackbirds swarm in the fall and winter. Me thinks....?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I saw a flock of some unidentified birds flying east in V formation last week. Not sure if that means anything...

But as far as other birds, Arkansas is chock full of birds at the moment. We have a black bird around here that just recently had her baby leave the nest for good. Plenty of birds to scare to death with fireworks.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

No, plenty of flocking birds this time of year, esp blackbirds.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Central Arkansas here.

It's currently raining, so I don't know if any shows are going on tonight....but the few displays locally over the weekend went off without a hitch and no reports of any avian casualties.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I wish I could have seen last years (New years?) massive once in a millennia bird/fish die off global fireworks display! I must have drank too much.

edit on 4-7-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I haven't witnessed any blunt force trauma to birds do to fireworks, but have noticed plenty of roadkill trauma as of late. I think blunt force trauma was the cause to those poor critters.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
What's funny is that when all this went down the MSM reported on it, then, nothing else reported. Even though it still continues to this day. Go figure.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

This adds another level of mystery to the story of the die offs now that the fireworks are over for the most part on the east coast of the USA. No news of major die offs or anything...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join