It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONGRATS… Communist Party USA Endorses Barack Obama and Democrats For 2012 Election

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
New polls confirm Obama's Democratic base crumbles

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

"With all of the spotlights on the high-stakes debt maneuverings by President Obama and Speaker John Boehner the last few days, few people noticed what Vermont's Sen. Bernie Sanders said:

"I think it would be a good idea if President Obama faced some primary opposition."

This is political treason 469 days before a presidential election. Yes, yes, this is just a crusty old New England independent for now, albeit one who caucuses loyally with Harry Reid's Democratic posse.

But while most of the media focuses on Republican Boehner and the tea party pressures on him to raise the debt limit not one Liberty dime, Sanders' mumblings are a useful reminder that hidden in the shadows of this left-handed presidency are militant progressives like Sanders who don't want to cut one Liberty dime of non-Pentagon spending.........

Obama is running for the center already, aiming for the independents who played such a crucial role in his victorious coalition in 2008. They were the first to start abandoning the good ship Obama back in 2009 when all the ex-state senator could do was talk about healthcare, when jobs and the economy were the peoples' priority.

Democrats lost the New Jersey and Virginia governor's offices largely as a result of that and Ted Kennedy's Senate seat in Massachusetts. And then came last November's midterms when voters chose the approach of that historic pack of House-bound Republicans........

Now, comes a new ABC News/Washington Post poll with a whole harvest of revelations, among them, strong indications that Obama's liberal base is starting to crumble. Among the nuggets:

Despite those hundreds of billions of blown stimulus dollars and almost as many upturn promises from Joe Biden, 82% of Americans still say their job market is struggling. Ninety percent rate the economy negatively, including half who give it the worst rating of "poor."

Are You Better Off Today Than Jan. 20, 2009?

A slim 15% claim to be "getting ahead financially," half what it was in 2006. Fully 27% say they're falling behind financially. That's up 6 points since February.

A significant majority (54%) says they've been forced to change their lifestyle significantly as a result of the economic times -- and 60% of them are angry, up from 44%..........

To be sure, 30 months after he returned to home cooking, George W. Bush still gets majority blame for the economy.
But here's the breaking news for wishful Democrats: George W. Bush isn't running for anything but exercise...."

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d93bca47d455.gif[/atsimg]

I'm old enough to remember the "red scare" in the 50's. The country went mad. If you so much as mentioned anything good about communism you were endangered. You were put on a blacklist and prevented from holding a job. You could be arrested just on the suspicion of sympathizing with the enemy.

HUAC (House Unamerican Activities Committee) was created in Congress to interrogate suspects. They particularly liked high-profile suspects. Many people from Hollywood were interrogated. Some of them broke down and actually named names of people they believed were pinkos. Many simply denied the charges and refused to rat on their friends and associates. Those who confessed or were exposed never worked again. They were shunned by people who used to be their friends, for fear of being considered a sympathizer themselves.

I expect it's true that President Obama has read some of the writing of Marx and Engels and has spoken with people on the far left. I believe it's good for a President to be well-educated.

Personally I don't give a damn. He could be a commie sympathizer and/or he might be a Muslim. I just can't care less. I'm interested in how he governs and that is all.

I recommend that you read some Marx and talk to some people on the far left. I assure you that you won't be thrown into a pit of eternal fire. I don't believe God is opposed to freedom of thought.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join