It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Militias using Iranian weapons to target U.S. in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Aaaaannnnd it begins.....

Step 1: Set the stage
Step 2: Start the cover story

www.cnn.com...

Was only a matter of time I guess, once we got our 'foot hold' in the Middle East, the 'Gubmint' was bound to find a reason to stay and expand.

*sigh* - Time to inventory the canned goods...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RecentlyAwaken

For those that have been researching this for a while, it has been known.
But, it is nice to finally see that the MSM is catching up.

Good find.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RecentlyAwaken

There are probably more American weapons being used to attack U.S. soldiers than there are Iranian ones..........

Edit to add:

Materials found following recent attacks against U.S. troops "have been traced back to Iranian origin," an official told CNN.

So we can track weapons from Iraq to Iran but can't track them from the U.S. to Mexican drug cartels. Something doesn't add up
edit on 3-7-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Oh I couldn't agree more....infact, most people forgot/don't realize that 99.99% of the weapons used by the Afgani (sp?) rebels we're supposedly trying to remove force-ably were given them by the US to fight off the Russians! (See 'Charlie Wilson's War).

And not 1 person in the Gov/Pentagon thought this may end up being a problem????

Yeah right.....

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Totally agree - I don't think this comes as some mind blowing shock to anyone w/good 'ole common sense.

What I found interesting is the obvious/inevitable tie back to Iran - which will eventually lead to the first of what I'm sure will be many reasons to make them 'next on the list' - Like no one saw that coming.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This has been going on since ~2005. Lots of things coming from Iran.
It is possible to trace some explosives and most rockets (mainly 107mm) back to Iran.
Same with the money (financing terrorist/insurgent groups).

Welcome to 2011, your a few years behind.

Lots of weapons in Afghanistan are post 1989, and are from different countries.

If anything, than we should've "cleared" border regions of Iran and Pakistan a long time ago. That would've prevented bad things that have happened since.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaskad
This has been going on since ~2005. Lots of things coming from Iran.
It is possible to trace some explosives and most rockets (mainly 107mm) back to Iran.
Same with the money (financing terrorist/insurgent groups).

Welcome to 2011, your a few years behind.

Lots of weapons in Afghanistan are post 1989, and are from different countries.

If anything, than we should've "cleared" border regions of Iran and Pakistan a long time ago. That would've prevented bad things that have happened since.

Thanks for your contribution. I'm not saying that 'OH man! THIS is where the guns are coming from!?!?!?'

I'm saying the fact that the Gov is now saying this is such obvious BS. Anyone w/half a brain knows the weapons in that area were / are US GOV supplied....we sold them to IRAN in the first damn place, (IRAN CONTRA anyone?)

;-) Not behind by any means, just sayin it was only a matter of time before the BS story tied back to Iran and began to set the stage for a reason for us to stay in region and end up attacking Iran. US GOV never had any intention to completely pull out of the Middle East. They just need Joe American to be OK with it and for that they need a 'Boogie Man' hiding in the dark waiting to steal our children and blow up our cities....Iran is just the 'boogie monster' of the week is all I'm sayin....
edit on 7/10/11 by RecentlyAwaken because: Edited for spelling.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Yea, well the Afghani militia are using United States funded weapons, go figure.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It's your basic 'Cause and Reaction'

They have to condition the people into believing a 'War' is necessary, of course this has been going on for ages, though it's now in the Globalist best interest to publicize

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz
Yea, well the Afghani militia are using United States funded weapons, go figure.

You do realize it was US Congressman, (or maybe he was a Senator), Charlie Wilson that made it possible to arm the Afgani rebels so they could fight the Russian's.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
It's your basic 'Cause and Reaction'

They have to condition the people into believing a 'War' is necessary, of course this has been going on for ages, though it's now in the Globalist best interest to publicize

EXACTLY....

Welcome to the 'Military Industrial Complex'. War = $$ simple as that. Always has, always will.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
VERY old news.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RecentlyAwaken
reply to post by Skerrako

Oh I couldn't agree more....infact, most people forgot/don't realize that 99.99% of the weapons used by the Afgani (sp?) rebels we're supposedly trying to remove force-ably were given them by the US to fight off the Russians! (See 'Charlie Wilson's War).

And not 1 person in the Gov/Pentagon thought this may end up being a problem????

Yeah right.....

they may have the left over weapons. but they would have long ago used up the ammo for these weapons.
that means SOMEONE is supplying new ammo.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Very true.....and any one that doesn't think that would be the CIA is living in another reality. It's in America's (or at least the American Government's) best interest to keep the conflict going. War = $$ simple as that. Be it Oil or other natural resources or just profit from making/selling weapons, etc.

Personally I think there's more going on in the Middle East then just an Oil grab. What I'm not sure....but there's so many things that don't add up and I think most agree that Global Society as we know it is on teetering on the edge of a blade....JMO

new topics

top topics

join