It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Feat of Nature: Bald Eagle Mating!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
There truly are some bizarre mating rituals in the animal kingdom. From whales to snails there is a diverse spectrum of 'Getting down'

Snails for instance impregnate themselves. But bald eagles.. they really do have a special way of getting busy.

You see when bald eagles mate they soar into the air, lock talons with each other and then make a dramatic dive of love making, sometimes ending up in fatality because often they won't loose grip of each other until they finish their business. Talk about sexual dedication.

I searched for a video of this mating ritual and the following is all I could find. I apologise for the cheesy text commentary and poor unnecessary editing.. Watch from about 1:38 if you want to skip to the dive.

EDIT TO ADD: There is swearing/cursing in text form in the video so if you get offended easily don't watch. Also if you are under the age of 18.

Amazing!
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
That was awesome, absolutely breathtaking. S &F!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well it is a bit distant to get the full appreciation for the feat. They really are dramatically large birds.

One day as I stood and rested from a hike in our hills, I closed my eyes and let the breeze cool me. I was startled by a rustling overhead and when I looked up a pair of eagles were tumbling end over end, talons locked together, right overhead. They were really quite close and paid me no mind as they broke apart soared back up, and continued their mating ritual.

Just one of those priceless moments to remember.

new topics

join