It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is breaking alternative news, not news?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I posted a thread within this category : breaking alternative news : I did so according to the all the requirements. 2 pages of comments came in within an hour of it being posted. But overnight, lo and behold, it has been moved.
This IS all three:

Breaking : it happened yesterday

Alternative: none of today's printed British Newspapers or any media in our country has covered this story, concentrating
mainly on trivia instead

News:

A large earthquake for our region has occured after 3 others in 10 days. That is unusual enough to be news in the sunday papers. But its not. Anywhere. I have been to check. Neither is this news being distrubuted by anyone else / other news media on the web. If the source considered it news : and the source is an established newsgroup, then surely it remains news !

But no , I get the message , your thread has been moved , and now no one who uses ATS in my country is going to get this important story. Thanks ATS!

NOT!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
had the same problem when there was a fire in the welsh refinery....sems no one cared and it was moved to off topic when it was big news to anyone here in wales.
bit silly i suppose?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
perhaps when it hits mainstream media is when it's considered as worthy alt news. Would weird or strange news also be considered as "alt news" ?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
You claim it happened yesterday, then how do you explain this posted on the Extinction Protocol on 24 June (sixth post down by "Peter")?
I am sure that this is a mistake and is the tremor from 2001 as listed on the BGS website and is causing some confusion here... That is why no other news sources are reporting on it... it happened ten years ago.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I agree with sterlok, that the Daily Mail has likely got this confused with the 3.6 earthquake 10 years ago and that Devon had a 2.7 on the 23rd of June.

The fact that there is no other source for this phantom earthquake, and it's not even listed on the British Geological Survey website, speaks volumes.

So if it's not listed on BGS or any other Geological sites....Just how did the Daily Mail get the information of the magnitude and epicentre? Shoddy reporting IMO.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Breaking Alternative News: Member news submissions and discussions covering alternative subjects such as UFO's, conspiracy theory, government secrets, and political scandals.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Breaking Alternative News: Member news submissions and discussions covering alternative subjects such as UFO's, conspiracy theory, government secrets, and political scandals.

"I'd call that a minimal post , wouldnt you?" This is officially a conspiracy now : are you in on it or not?
Ever been frisked by the TSG? You'll get your rights violated like it or not.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Earthquake threads all belong in the Fragile Earth forum

5). Natural Phenomena. News topics related to natural events such as tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, etc. or alerts/warnings concerning such need to be placed in the Fragile Earth forum.

Comprehensive 'Breaking Alternative News' Forum Posting Guidelines (4-15-11)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Just read your link thanks . World War Three ? You'll still enforce the rules if that happens? LOL I am laughing out loud ! ROFL you know I am !

Anyway then its no wonder I tend to ignore what comes on that feed : make some changes if it doesnt cost too much. Have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Please use the Complaint Form to complain about staff action or contact the staff member who actioned you.

Do not start a thread about it.

Closed.

top topics

join