posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Majestic Lumen
Very nice! I actually enjoy songs with cryptic lyrics, especially ones with double, sometimes tripple or even quadruple meanings (or ways of
interpretation) that is the beauty of art!
Me too. James Hetfield wrote some great lyrics for Metallica songs over the years.
* "Sweet Amber" - about his alcoholism
* "Fixxxer" - about his heroin addiction
* "Until It Sleeps" - about both parents dying from cancer
* "Leper Messiah" - about televangelists telling people they can get into Heaven by donating money
* "Master Of Puppets" - coc aine and its effects
* "Disposable Heroes" - young adults being killed on the battlefield after being bred for war
* "Frantic" - fear of death
* "...And Justice For All" - justice system being wrong and easily bought by those in power
* "Blackened" - Earth destroyed by pollution etc
* "Fight Fire With Fire" - nuclear war
Plus many more. That's why I hate when I see "music is run by the Illuminati, all musicians and singers are pushing the NWO agenda" but forgetting
that while it's derided as being just noise and screaming (both of which are ridiculous accusations), metal has more messages in its back catalog
than you'd think and is a lot better than the bland pop songs clogging up the charts that are about nothing.