It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Carrey Explains His Spiritual Awakening

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I lovv jim careys work,but this is retarded..

Spiritual..and awakening shouldn't even be in the same sentence/

Maybe a rationalist awakening or something, but good for him regardless.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

Originally posted by Pervius
His Spiritual Awakening is that he has enough money that he can pick a country and start playing God with its people....no thanks.

His book will flop like Lady Gaga......nobody wants anything to do with the rich unless there's a guillotine nearby.

Seriously wtf is wrong with You ? Just because somebody has much more money than You do means he has to be evil ? Even thou he earned it while just doing his job, which just so happens to be acting and is ridiculously well paid thanks to the millions of morons that worship Hollywood and TV and would probably flip out if it ever stopped broadcasting ?

Seriously man You should probably see somebody about that ...

This is called "projecting"; when one projects their own personal views onto others. Because one person is materialistic and without a spiritual side they think everyone is. The reality is, Jim probably found this spirituality because he realizes that money and material goods CANNOT provide them. There is nothing sadder that a wealthy person who has it all yet is the loneliest person in the world. They are lost, without meaning and direction. Their bank account builds and their car collection grows yet they really have no more than the homeless guy living on the streets. That's the reality and some people get it. And some some people never will.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Edit: Preface:
After I wrote and posted, I saw most posts seemed to have noticed it above the actual apparent purpose of the article.

Originally posted by MIDNIGHTSUN

...In a recent Zionist-owned Time magazine interview...

and then, this:

...which basically associates a spiritual awakening with insanity while using neuro linguistic programming to precondition the mind to formulate an opinion before even reading the article. This is one of the many ways the main stream media tries to formulate our opinions.

If that ain't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is!

Everyone with verbal and writing skills knows these things. Loaded words, Weasel words, and many other techniques (some honest, some not, and some in between). It is just ironic (and probably intentionally so) that the external article does so about the magazine before accusing accusing the magazine of doing it.
edit on 4-7-2011 by Frira because: added preface after seeing many noted the same.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
That's not New Age. New age does not teach that the feeling comes and goes. They teach that you reach "chakras" and new understandings. Permanent things that you can brag to your spiritual buddies about. It sounds like his experience is pretty genuine for anyone who read the power of Now and that's the feeling you get when you have that genuine experience for the first time. When I read the Power of Now it was not for spiritual reasons. I read it actually because in the Big Astral Projection thread on ATS, someone suggested it. I was just reading it to help me with my lucid dreaming efforts and Astral Projection attempts, but I felt the very same thing Jim Carrey did, for 2-3 days. And it does come and go. And it's not new age. It's pretty much a timeless truth of what happens when you have lived a life, decades with a mind that NEVER stopped once since the day it began to think, and you manage to truly quiet that mind for the first time. It's immense and powerful, like removing a chronic pain that has been with you all your life, and the sigh of relief is quite something.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
total crap... a spiritual awakening ?... he says the worlds ok,.... not so bad?? as it spirals towards fascism and a single police state??? as terrorism is continually produced by western governments/ , intelligence agencies and nato??? as peoples lives are force toward a third worldization of their living standards ... as freedom and free choice evaporate....oh jim jim jim jim.......
[facepalm]

thats a durned shame jim, i wouldnt characterize this clap trap as an awakening ... just a different kind of very dangerous and disassociated sleep
get a clue truman
edit on 4-7-2011 by donotinducevomiting because: clarity .. you know ......the opposite of spiritual awakening

edit on 4-7-2011 by donotinducevomiting because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2011 by donotinducevomiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
all Carrey said was he had a moment of clarity in which he didn't just conceptualize the connectedness of all things but experienced it. Since it is an experience you would have had to be there.

I am guessing that everyone who denies what he experienced as a mental break of some sort or brainwashing ,just hasn't experienced it.

I have and I can tell you that we are actually all connected and part of each other. It isn't good or bad but it is

and no even though now I know that, like Jim described I don't always experience it ,but sometimes I do.

good for Jim ,it is by the way a characteristic of knowing this, that you want to share in it . That's what Connected means. You don't lose your identity through this connection , rather it amplifies you .

I thought his statement was lucid and well delivered and not preachy at all

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
reply to post by muzzleflash

You claim it's mumbo jumbo or whatever but then you bring up Jesus and the Bible?

I'm sorry, but you can't attack mumbo jumbo with more mumbo jumbo.

So you are not going to address the actual arguement but instead dismiss it based purely upon who said it?

The truth and common sense can be exclaimed by anyone, be it a bum on the street, a wall street banker, or some figure a bunch of people idolize irrationally. It doesn't matter who the messenger is, it matters what the message itself is.

Now debate the message rather than attempting to dismiss it purely on the illogical grounds of whom the messenger is.

You have failed in your witty attempts. Please try again, I give second chances.

If you can make a reasonable argument based on rational thought, I will be easily converted to your point of view, but without that, I will merely laugh at your ad hominem point of view.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
A few years ago I toured the Stanley hotel in Colorado, which is known for being haunted. It was also the hotel that was used in the comedy film "Dumb and Dumber" staring Jim Carrey. The tour guide told us that he got very spooked at this place during the movie's filming. In fact, one night after an apparent spook, he rushed out of his room in a frenzy and wouldn't even return to pack his belongings. I found that story odd because it was hard to picture such a comedic actor taking anything like this serious. But now seeing this, it sort of makes sense.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

I have to take note. I love how they mention neuron programming, but find the need to spout out pointless half-truths like "zionist-owned Times".

I'll tell you one thing. I'm programmed to automatically doubt when a biased statement like that is shouted out.

Good luck with making me care now.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Ok, seriously, why does anyone here really care what Jim Carrey believes?
Who here is in any way affected by whether he finds spirituality, religion or lint in his navel?
He's just some other person in the world who happens to make his living by acting.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
reply to post by muzzleflash

You claim it's mumbo jumbo or whatever but then you bring up Jesus and the Bible?

I'm sorry, but you can't attack mumbo jumbo with more mumbo jumbo.

So you are not going to address the actual arguement but instead dismiss it based purely upon who said it?

The truth and common sense can be exclaimed by anyone, be it a bum on the street, a wall street banker, or some figure a bunch of people idolize irrationally. It doesn't matter who the messenger is, it matters what the message itself is.

Now debate the message rather than attempting to dismiss it purely on the illogical grounds of whom the messenger is.

You have failed in your witty attempts. Please try again, I give second chances.

If you can make a reasonable argument based on rational thought, I will be easily converted to your point of view, but without that, I will merely laugh at your ad hominem point of view.

You argue about "reason" and yet you provided Bible quotes in your previous post. Please stop.

The little speech by Carrey is an odd one but it's practical of celebrities to feel like they're special, hence why they stand in front of a crowd talking about themselves and how they're probably above everyone else.

I'm a huge fan of Carrey but his smug attitude is getting as bad as Clooney's...well, not yet at least. Let's hope it doesn't. ....

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee

This is called "projecting"; when one projects their own personal views onto others. Because one person is materialistic and without a spiritual side they think everyone is. The reality is, Jim probably found this spirituality because he realizes that money and material goods CANNOT provide them. There is nothing sadder that a wealthy person who has it all yet is the loneliest person in the world. They are lost, without meaning and direction. Their bank account builds and their car collection grows yet they really have no more than the homeless guy living on the streets. That's the reality and some people get it. And some some people never will.

Well put, General.Lee.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
That's not New Age. New age does not teach that the feeling comes and goes. They teach that you reach "chakras" and new understandings. Permanent things that you can brag to your spiritual buddies about. It sounds like his experience is pretty genuine for anyone who read the power of Now and that's the feeling you get when you have that genuine experience for the first time. When I read the Power of Now it was not for spiritual reasons. I read it actually because in the Big Astral Projection thread on ATS, someone suggested it. I was just reading it to help me with my lucid dreaming efforts and Astral Projection attempts, but I felt the very same thing Jim Carrey did, for 2-3 days. And it does come and go. And it's not new age. It's pretty much a timeless truth of what happens when you have lived a life, decades with a mind that NEVER stopped once since the day it began to think, and you manage to truly quiet that mind for the first time. It's immense and powerful, like removing a chronic pain that has been with you all your life, and the sigh of relief is quite something.

Yes, you got it, Novise. Although I can argue about how you define "New Age." I hate the term "New Age" myself because I associate it with really wacked out ideas, wishful thinking and so much fraud from phoney "gurus" or supposed "spiritual" teachers. I could do an entire long rant on that.

Having said that, chakras (subtle or psychic energy vortices) are very real. And I don't know where you got the erroneous idea that once the Kundalini rises to a particular chakra to activate it, that activation is permanent.

It's NOT permanent until the Kundalini rises to the highest level (Sahasra or Thousand Petal Lotus) and one becomes permanently ROOTED in that state.

So what I'm saying here, is that one can experience high levels of understanding, but lose it and devolve into lower states. One retains the memory of the state and from there KNOWS that these states of consciousness are real. Then the journey becomes one of discovering how to reach that state again and stay there.

There are methods of nurturing the Kundalini, but it's difficult, very difficult if one is also forced to live "in the world." The path is narrow and severe. Few make it.

One who lives in permanent samadhi or is rooted in Turiya, is called a Jivanmukti, one who is liberated while still in a physical body.

One who reaches the highest form of samadhi (Nirvakalpa), completely merged with God, normally cannot retain a physical body for more than 40 days. There are exceptions to this, when a particular soul has a special mission on Earth, a Jesus for example.

There are also exceptional souls called Avatars who are born without losing consciousness of That. This is the descent of the Divine into human form. Such a one has no karma and cannot make karma.

Jesus (I believe really existed, was not just a mythic symbol) was a "theosized" man, not an Avatar. A theosized man has gone thru successive incarnations to reach "perfection" -- complete merging with God.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by donotinducevomiting
total crap... a spiritual awakening ?... he says the worlds ok,.... not so bad?? as it spirals towards fascism and a single police state??? as terrorism is continually produced by western governments/ , intelligence agencies and nato??? as peoples lives are force toward a third worldization of their living standards ... as freedom and free choice evaporate....oh jim jim jim jim.......
[facepalm]

thats a durned shame jim, i wouldnt characterize this clap trap as an awakening ... just a different kind of very dangerous and disassociated sleep
get a clue truman.

Actually this post addresses a very important matter: Evil.

If God is good, why is there evil in the world? This is something I still grapple with on an intellectual level.

Of course, I understand that for That to manifest as the phenomenal Universe, there must be Duality.

But why is it that evil seems to triumph so often in this world?

In the Hindu cycles of Time, we are living in a period of great spiritual darkness where the majority of humans appear to have lost their conscious connection to the Divine.

I am leaning more and more towards the Gnostic idea that this world is ruled by Satan (Father of Lies). Satan is the Prince of this World: Greed, Lust, Murder, Lies, etc. A quick glance at human history is enough to nauseate.

(When I say "Satan" I do NOT take this personification of Evil literally. I don't think Satan has a horned, bat-winged, Fallen Angel really exists -- except maybe as an egregore.)

The different Hell worlds do exist as states of consciousness.

I am horrified at what I see happening in this world. Things appear to be getting much worse. I am divided as to what can be done about it.

I can understand why people are enraged or bitter and hopeless -- especially those who have never experienced higher states of consciousness.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I think from the way hes talking he truely did have an experience where he felt that vastness and sensitized himself to it and felt himself enveloped in it. As I have experienced the same thing he did through following bhakti yoga very stricty, but it is true you can only ride the wave so long before you get burnt out if your not mentally and physically prepared for it which I wasn't. Its kinda like that super hero the flame that can only burn for so long before they run out of powers. Thats what I am working on now is getting my mental and physical state better prepared for that vulnerabilty that it puts you in when you sensitize yourself to that higher state of being where your being guided and surrounded by god.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Well I oversimplified things to keep my post short. Yeah the chakra's activations are not actually permanent, but I have to say on the New Age (I agree too broad of a term) stuff I've come across, this aspect is quietly left out at times. This is not something you sweep under the rug, but should warn loudly about (As Tolle actually does well as far as it is concerned with his book). Because what happens is someone experiences Samadhi or Satori, the feeling leaves. But a lot of new age people seem to think that once it's happened once, that you've done it and from now on you speak with the authority of God and the Angels, no matter how far your mental state falls. Eckart Tolle really warns against this sort of thing well, and gives a person all sorts of way to know if they are truly "in the now" or not.

I think New Age Spirituality has a lot of potential don't get me wrong if that's anyone's path and they are sincere and it rings true with them. But that is one of it's flaws, it is not very grounded at times almost as if on purpose. But I understand if a person's life experiences validate it for themselves and it rings true to them.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Weird how its like some fraternities or masonic groups are.. once you get in and they share lots of intel with you, you can't just say I changed my mind I want out now that you shared enuf with me about what goes on Members-only! Evenmoreso if you're a public figure AND/OR you go public with what you learned while you were part of the cult.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Planette

Wow - I did not know about this!
After watching the video you posted I watched this......
OMG!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Jim Carrey is a comedian and an actor, he has no useful information for anyone interested in true spirituality. Look to him for comedy and entertainment, not for your spiritual awakening or spirituality (spiritual insight, spiritual illumination/enlightenment).

True Spirituality—How Can You Find It?

“TO BE carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace,” wrote the apostle Paul. (Romans 8:6, King James Version) With those words, the apostle was pointing out that being a spiritual person is more than a matter of personal preference or inclination. Essentially, it is a matter of life and death. In what sense, though, does a spiritual person receive “life and peace”? According to the Bible, such a person enjoys peace now—with self and with God—and will be blessed with everlasting life in the future. (Romans 6:23; Philippians 4:7) No wonder Jesus observed: “Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need”!—Matthew 5:3.
In addition to pointing out the importance and benefits of being spiritually-minded, the apostle Paul had much to say about what true spirituality is. To the Christians in the ancient city of Corinth, Paul explained the difference between a physical man, that is, a person who follows the impulses of the flesh, and a spiritual man, a person who cherishes spiritual things. Paul wrote: “A physical man does not receive the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him.” On the other hand, Paul explained that the spiritual man is characterized by having “the mind of Christ.”—1 Corinthians 2:14-16.

Having “the mind of Christ” basically means having “the same mental attitude that Christ Jesus had.” (Romans 15:5; Philippians 2:5) In other words, a spiritual man is one who thinks as Jesus does and walks in His footsteps. (1 Peter 2:21; 4:1) The more a person’s mind resembles that of Christ, the deeper his spirituality is and the closer he is to gaining “life and peace.”—Romans 13:14.

How to Get to Know “the Mind of Christ”

To have the mind of Christ, however, one must first know that mind. Therefore, the first step in developing spirituality is to get to know Jesus’ way of thinking. But how do you come to know the mind of someone who lived on earth 2,000 years ago? Well, how, for example, did you learn about the historical figures of your country? Likely by reading about them. Similarly, reading a written history of Jesus is an important way to get to know the mind of Christ.—John 17:3.

1 John 2:6

6 The one who says he remains in union with him is himself under obligation to go on walking just as that one walked.

Help People to “Awake From Sleep”

Some people imagine that there is no God who will call them to account. (Ps. 53:1) Others imagine that God is not interested in us humans, so there is no point in our being interested in him. Still others feel that belonging to a church will make them friends of God. All these people are spiritually asleep. They need to wake up.

To this information for example:

Context for the videos above
edit on 8-1-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Furthermore...

“Stop storing up for yourselves treasures on the earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal. Rather, store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." (Matthew 6:19-21)

Verses 22 and 23:

22 “The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is focused, your whole body will be bright. 23 But if your eye is envious, your whole body will be dark. If the light that is in you is really darkness, how great that darkness is!

Proverbs 14:12,15, 6,7

12 There is a way that seems right to a man,

But in the end it leads to death.

15 The naive* [Or “inexperienced.”] person believes every word,

But the shrewd one ponders each step.

6 The scoffer seeks wisdom and finds none,

But knowledge comes easily to the person with understanding.

7 Stay away from the foolish man,

For you will not find knowledge on his lips.

edit on 9-1-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join