It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Carrey Explains His Spiritual Awakening

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

In a recent Zionist-owned Time magazine interview....

What this piece of useless information has to do with Carrey's awakening is beyond me.

Funny enough it is followed by:

The title of the article was called, "Has Jim Carrey Flipped Out?" which basically associates a spiritual awakening with insanity while using neuro linguistic programming to precondition the mind to formulate an opinion before even reading the article.

Guilty as charged I guess.
edit on 4-7-2011 by derpif because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Stopped readiing at "Zionist owned Time magazine"

What's wrong with that statement? It's a statement of fact isn't it?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Milleresque
Going to echo what others have already stated, but Tolle is a tool, parroting what others before him have said and making a healthy profit from it. I could not give half a liquid defecation about Jim Carrey's "spiritual awakening". Actors are THE most self-serving people in society, and their "awakenings" are always bandied around as though we ought to care what these self-glorifying, glorified liars say...when they offer up nothing original whatsoever.

The entire "new age" schtick is perfect for actors. It is the most selfish strain of "spirituality" around. Its all about YOUR inner peace, YOUR well-being, how special YOU are. I tire of the hollywood worship rubbish. What a joke.

I must admit I have gone through plenty of Spiritual Awakenings - the problem is I keep changing my viewpoint / understanding once I have gained more insight - like Truth, Spiritual Awakenings are seldom constant and the only way to maintain your own views is to never listen to others or take advice. A failed concept in my opinion - we are meant to change our minds as we grow and learn - so yeah I am not all that impressed by tails of "Spiritual Awakening".

Now the reason why I am quoting your post, Milleresque, is that through one of my many awakening's I learned that everything is about the SELF, so your final paragraph about "new age" schtick I happen to agree with (even if I do not consider myself new age). I challenge you to give me one example of something done with no consideration of the self.

People do things because it makes them feel good - they give to the poor, feed the hungry, heal the sick e.t.c. because it makes them feel good to do this - therefore they are serving the self. It it did not serve the self you simply would not do it as you would have no conviction to do it.

Think it through and let me know - if you can convince me that this is not the case then I guess I will go through another awakening where my truths no longer hold true

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
His Spiritual Awakening is that he has enough money that he can pick a country and start playing God with its people....no thanks.

His book will flop like Lady Gaga......nobody wants anything to do with the rich unless there's a guillotine nearby.

A guillotine nearby? That is one sick comment, to say the least.

Bitter and spiritually clueless.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MIDNIGHTSUN
Glad to hear Jim Carrey's spiritual awakening. He is so right in what he has to say. The media does often fill us with too much fear mongering about our world. Since our thought influences reality, the media wants to control that reality, so it propagates fear. But there is a better world filled with positive thoughts and taking action that is changing our world into a more peaceful loving world.

Thanks for posting this. It's wonderful that he had a moment of blissful knowing. I hope he gets his wish of being permanently rooted in that state. He's in a position to get the word out.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by derpif
reply to post by spyder550

In a recent Zionist-owned Time magazine interview....

What this piece of useless information has to do with Carrey's awakening is beyond me.

Funny enough it is followed by:

The title of the article was called, "Has Jim Carrey Flipped Out?" which basically associates a spiritual awakening with insanity while using neuro linguistic programming to precondition the mind to formulate an opinion before even reading the article.

Guilty as charged I guess.
edit on 4-7-2011 by derpif because: (no reason given)

This +1 - the statement about the Zionist-owned bla bla just shows that this article was written with as much prejudice as the article is blaming Time of having. Well done for spotting this

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I have wondered if the negative framed world we live in is by design or just in our nature. In the news its always this person murdered, this person robbed, this this person did that. Its never positive.

What would life be like if humans put as much energy in conveying positive thoughts rather than negative thoughts toward each other? It really does feel like the negative consciousness is created in order to control us. I think a scared society can be controlled easer than a happy one. Nice to see he is trying to find himself.
edit on 3-7-2011 by Digital_Reality because: Spelling

Fear most definitely is used by TPTB to control us.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Why does anyone care?
So what if he "found spirituality or religion." How does that affect me or anyone else but him and his immediate family?
He may be an actor, celebrity, star or whatever but at the end of the day he is still just another human being living their own lives, same as you and me.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by homeskillet
a couple of things threw me off in that quoted paragraph. him randomly throwing "zionist" in there was off putting. and also for someone who is saying they are using nlp he did seem to use the words "spiritual awaking" a LOT in there. trying to reinforce something or just a crappy writer?
edit on 7/3/2011 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

When did Jim Carrey use the word "Zionist"?

I think you're confusing an article written by someone else with the speech given by Carrey.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkl0rd
Jim Carrey is an ARTIST! And like every artist, he does his artistic show on the STAGE. He is paid for that speech. Why should he otherwise come out and say "Hey people it is so nice to be spiritually awakened, it feels like butterflies flying in my stomach" or that kind of bubbletard sh*t. He is paid to mislead people, who are weak minded idiots that look for an escape from their mirsrable lives. "Think Positive and everything will be alright", yeaaahhh mommy will come and than you can forget about all the worldly crap you see, feel and know about.

Such movies or videos are for losers, morons, idiots and weak minded cattle.

So what do you propose as an alternative? The world is a sick, terrible place filled with "worldly crap" as you so eloquently put it. But it is also filled with beauty, love and kindness all around. What is better to focus on? Both are realities. To focus only on the negative will make one negative, however the converse is also not a good idea i.e. to focus only on the positive will make you ignorant.

To state that those who can see the positive are losers, morons, idiots and weak minded cattle is a terribly arrogant thing to say.

edit on 4-7-2011 by Crymouth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by Logarock

Most of these types ended up haveing to get a job, live in the real world and stop dreaming.

live in the real world? do you really think the real world consist of working a job, and giving up dreams??
it's thinking like that, that gets us nowhere..

Or not....you can just go hang around Haight & Ashbury for a year or so. Maybe mom and dad can send you a few bucks here and there and you can eat out of the soup kitchen, hang out at the existentialist chat groups and years later insist this was a time of great awakening.....for the whole country even!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
sound ""new age" to me!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Carey starrred in Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine, both of which prompted the viewer to question their reality. Its obviously effected Carey in his own personal life.

"Liar Liar" did that for me. Great flick.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Stopped readiing at "Zionist owned Time magazine"

Well that shows how smart you are, Mr " know it all"

I take it, that the minute you hear Zionist, it shows that EVERYTHING else said, is crap/bull# not worthy of listening (for a second) yet you waste hours soaking up mainsteam media crap

you sir are a brainwashed zombie

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gotex57
sound ""new age" to me!

Only sounds like new age, if you BELIEVE it sounds like new age

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
You mean Jim Carrey had a mental breakdown ? My "Awakening" was a mental breakdown, he's not really right but I don't know what right is anymore
edit on 4-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
"Who is it that is aware that I'm thinking?"

The answer is within the question. This is your true self, the purusha (detached witness), Jim.

Pavitra's Notebook

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Even movie stars can grow spiritually, believe it or not. That was my first thought when I saw this. He is a human being and the fact that he is a rich actor doesn't take away from that fact. I hope he's found what he's looking for.

The second thing that stuck out after reading some of these responses is that a lot of people seem to think the "New Age" movement is something new. It's not. It's a train of thought that's as old as the hills. The term new age was not coined by someone who is a part of that mindset. It was coined by someone in the media who knows nothing about it. The media. They are trained to get our attention in the quickest way possible so we'll listen to them and believe them. The most effective way to do this is to use catch phrases and keywords, which the term New Age is. If the media had their way, everyone would believe that Jim Carey has "flipped out." This is why most people think New Age is something new. Because that's what the media wants people to think.

While they've convinced most people of this, they have continued to put out negative story after negative story, decade after decade, about.....whatever they can get their paws on. The result of all this is that the majority of the population is becoming so distanced for anything positive, that it seems like some foreign entity to them at this point, and if you, me or anyone else is associated with anything positive in this regard, we're looked upon like we have some sort of mental condition that needs to be cured. If it's not that, then the media puts out a story about someone doing something "extraordinary" to help someone else, and spins it in such a way so as to make us believe that this sort of behavior is a novelty among us that we we should gawk at, oooh and aaah about it for awhile and then go about or lives.

Everything positive it seems has been relegated to the status of a circus sideshow that is not worthy of serious attention. And most people have fallen for it hook, line and sinker. That may be the reason why there is so much negativity in this thread, whether it is aimed at Jim Carey or the "New Age" movement. We are shown something positive and we don't know how to react to it anymore. There used to be a time, not so long either, that it didn't used to be this way. But being so blinded by all the negativity, most people can't see that either.

I mentioned that the "new age" mentality is as old as the hills. Look into things like the Gnostic gospels and you'll see what I mean. It doesn't have to be just that though. There are many, many texts, thousands of years old in many different cultures around the world that teach if you want a spiritual awakening, you have to start with your "self." All of "freaks and misfits" in San Francisco and Sedona didn't just think all of this up in a haze of pot and mushrooms. This has been around for a long.....long time.

This song is about a man and wife who spend their entire life together. It can also be used as an analogy for the human race, the husband, being with their wife, the earth, for their whole life. Right now, those two being together is very chaotic and confusing. But it won't be like this forever. Time will have its way with us.

It's a positive message, so flame away. I expect nothing less.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I don't mean to be cynical but let's wait and see if this campain is not an introduction to Scientology...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The original "zionist" TIME article is from 2007.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join