It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Carrey Explains His Spiritual Awakening

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksose7
"Has Jim Carrey flipped out"

Typical MSM title. Makes me sick the way most of the world thinks and sees things...

Frankly, Jim sounds like a brand of 1969 hippy. A dash of the east, some of the better observations of western thought and some homespun Jesus. Most of these types ended up haveing to get a job, live in the real world and stop dreaming.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think Carrey has more range and sensitivity as an actor than most of his roles as a physical comedian have allowed him to express. But you can see a bit more of his depth and complexity in films like The Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. So it doesn't surprise me to see him swimming in slightly deeper waters.

I don't doubt his sincerity. Unfortunately, he will find himself in a bind because of the way the world of "Celebrity" is constructed. "Celebrety" as a system is fairly rigid and unforgiving, and all but a few are pigeonholed in a tight corner, artistically speaking. This is known as being "typecast:" Mel Gibson as an angry guy revenging a dead family, Morgan Freeman as a fountain of wisdom in all situations, Christian Slater as a generally underhanded slimeball, and so on and so forth. For performing these specific roles well in ways that appeal to large numbers of people, these actors are rewarded handsomely in terms of money and glamour, etc. But as artists it must hurt to be so straightjacketed. And comedy in particular is spiritually and emotionally draining. Look at all the great commedians who have destroyed themselves somehow or ended up dead young. You could see Jim Carrey trying to break out of his more slapstick typecast, and it was a long uphill battle for him. (Kind of reminds me of Steve Martin's attempts to transform himself into a more "serious" actor later in his career).

With this move, although he may be sincere, it takes him beyond what the mainstream is willing to condone. It will hurt his career and image somehow on the "mainstream" level. The mainstream put him on a little well-defined track and he veered off it, upsetting their little apple cart. So he will be made to suffer somehow. Maybe he doesn't care, and if so, good for him! That would be commendable. But "Celebrity" is like a drug and he may end up missing it more than he thinks. Just sayin'.

edit on 7/3/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I loved Jim Carey since I first saw him in "In Living Color". He just seems like an awesome guy, and I liked a lot of what he said in the video. I thought he was a Scientologist, meant I read that somewhere.

Either way, really liked the video.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Tasting the Spirit is not the same as Living.
The Breath of Life rises up and is universal.
The Breath of Life comes down and meets the physical at certain points that pleases "it."
Only those whose path is "connected" will continue on to full communion of all things.

Mr. Carrey is touching on concepts that all religion deal with. Nothing new. However, a boldness is revived for/in him.

Truth remains apart from individuals.
If you are apart from Truth, you are only a memory, and while you were alive, you were "living dead."
If you are joined to Truth, you will live forever by the Provision of the Provider who is Truth and is Life.

Full Communion is a hope for our future and, in part, resides in the heart of the Children of Life.
False communion joins all living things, even the most minute and inanimate.

There is Nothing, there are those who are Living Dead, and there are those who are Living Life. One of these is nonsensical, but "real," another is a temporary state of life (false life), and another is "One."

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The truth is many people have had experiences like this, but they are either too afraid to come out and say it for fear of looking odd or it goes unnoticed because they are not Jim Carrey.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Jim Carrey is an ARTIST! And like every artist, he does his artistic show on the STAGE. He is paid for that speech. Why should he otherwise come out and say "Hey people it is so nice to be spiritually awakened, it feels like butterflies flying in my stomach" or that kind of bubbletard sh*t. He is paid to mislead people, who are weak minded idiots that look for an escape from their mirsrable lives. "Think Positive and everything will be alright", yeaaahhh mommy will come and than you can forget about all the worldly crap you see, feel and know about.

Such movies or videos are for losers, morons, idiots and weak minded cattle.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a couple of things threw me off in that quoted paragraph. him randomly throwing "zionist" in there was off putting. and also for someone who is saying they are using nlp he did seem to use the words "spiritual awaking" a LOT in there. trying to reinforce something or just a crappy writer?
edit on 7/3/2011 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
His Spiritual Awakening is that he has enough money that he can pick a country and start playing God with its people....no thanks.

His book will flop like Lady Gaga......nobody wants anything to do with the rich unless there's a guillotine nearby.

Not true....

He is naturally funny though so people are drawn to that.....People who do comedy usually have a greater understanding of things...The see the humor in everything and they see the BS that comes a long with everything else...

He isn't a media whore like a lot of others, he has been his own man in hollywood terms and usually that doesn't work out. but people like him so they feel he is genuine..

I'd say he would be one of the last people to be lying to us about this or to be tricking us into anything.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I think exploring spirituality is something everyone should do at some time in their life. I'm not crazy about the idea of "bringing everyone else with him" or however he said that, but it's good he's searching for his truth.

Jim Carrey Link

Although this is an edited video, I'm fairly sure when said he wants to bring everyone with him, he want's to wake them up, as he himself has woken up. And Jim's not the only one who has "woken up". It's happening a lot these days.

Yea it's funny that people almost automatically think he is like some jahova's witness now or something..

The man has had opportunities to see how the media world really works....He LIVED IT !!! how would we know more about the Bs within said system than somebody who was a part of it ?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksose7
"Has Jim Carrey flipped out"

Typical MSM title. Makes me sick the way most of the world thinks and sees things...

We need to start printing titles like that and getting random famous people to go along with it . ( so people will see it )..

And say thinks like " Is CNN using cia tactics to trick viewers ? " ......" Does the government ever lie to it's people ? "

YOu need titles that the opposition is forced to talk about and answer to .....

They do it to EVERYONE ....it works obviously.....why not just do it back to them...see if they like it.

We control the media and what is in........it could happen.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
good ole' Jim will always be my favorite celebrity until the day I die...I've loved the guy since I was friggin 4 years old...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
He seems like a nice down to earth guy. I would be happy to read a book about his experiences. I like what someone earlier said about the media sending out negative thoughts so that we can all be more easily controlled. Happy and confident people are definitely less controllable than scared people.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
" I was everything and everyone," sounds like a transformative epiphany of realization experience that comes from a 'trip' rather than a book, because it sounds like it was kind of instantaneous, imho.
Anyway, always glad to hear of a 'oneness' realization because it connects us in shared perspective and responsibilities.
edit on 3-7-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
That was an interesting vid.

I mean if he really experienced some sort of spiritual awakening, (and there are differences between spiritual awakenings), I kind of feel sorry he experienced it so late in life.

And if he hasn't and he's acting, then its his loss really. A lot of people here have experienced spiritual awakening, but I believe that talking about it does nothing more than give fuzzy feelings in the tummy for those listening.

Spiritual awakening is most of the time unexplainable and almost all the time, difficult to comprehend. It doesn't make sense, it just happens. You can share it with people, but you cant make them experience it like you did.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Most of these types ended up haveing to get a job, live in the real world and stop dreaming.

live in the real world? do you really think the real world consist of working a job, and giving up dreams??
it's thinking like that, that gets us nowhere..

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The next Tom Cruise? I hope not, I'm a fan of Carrey...

But I guess after a while, even your childhood favorite stars lose their minds.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Most of these types ended up haveing to get a job, live in the real world and stop dreaming.

True, but there are also some that bring what they may have learned into the hardened and superficial reality that is work, eat ,sleep. Some may bring some compassion, tolerance and creativity onto the scene. I guess it's about balance and how it takes all kinds to make the world go round,imo.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
WoW I didn't even know Jim Carrey could talk like that without going into character all the time.

Constantly going into character when he's in front of a camera or during an interview is what made me not take him serious.

This, however, is showing a different side of him. I don't care what anyone says, his Firemarshall Bill character is my all time favorite.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It's all mostly mumbo - jumbo.

Like Jesus once exclaimed in Mark 10:17-25.

20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth. 21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

22 And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

23 And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! 24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Let me guess, our buddy Jim has no intentions of giving his riches to the poor.

I guess that nullifies any chance he has to be taken seriously when he claims "spiritual awakening".

It always boils down to money. And how people treat money is the gauge of their character.

I don't consider myself religious and I am not a Bible thump-er, but you gotta admit Jesus made some really good points and scathing criticism of the rich and powerful.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Being a fan of David Icke, Charley Sheen and Jim Carrey, I'd love them to get together and have a chat about something, would be very interesting to see what they had to say. Im glad more celebs are actually breaking from the norm and speaking about alternative subjects, least it brings it to the attention of some people who otherwise would have remained oblivious to these ideas

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join