It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web Bot Has Attack of Amnesia! - Goes Blank! 'Decoded'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

Because , drums please, it's hogwash.

And the 2012-panic is hogwash.

But it sells. So much that even I'm giving this industry a thought.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
reply to post by Zamini

Because showing blank data would surely increase profits, as this move would surely instill consumers' confidence in the product. (sarcasm)

And why would validating the end of humanity help this company whatsoever?

exactly! it is not far off! they would be risking completley making fools put of themselves in a short mater of time... risk all of their credibility etc... risk backlash.... no marketing scam that I could figure out....not any benefit to THEM long term...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

This was from a post I made in May regarding the Mississippi flooding

Whatever your opinion about the Webbot material, here is what was said in January in Shape Report #9

Rather the accrual of the subsets would tend to suggest that the [floods] meme will be going 'walk about' this year, as first one region, then another experience[(supposedly, once in a) millennium floods]. The horrific level of damage seen so far in 2011 in places such as Brazil and Austrailia, and the Phillipines will not mark anything close to the 2011 [most damaging flood] The data accretion patterns continue at a more or less staedy pace as modelspace is moved forward into 2011, and with only two minor exceptions, the impact sum rate stays also staedy. This would seem to be indicating that 2011 will have a more or less continuous rate of [flooding].

Flooding. Check. Wait, does he mention (in January) where these floods might be?

These [floods] are also part of a [soon to be revealed secret plan] to [depopulate] certain parts of [north america] for [reasons (of TPTW)] These areas are extensivly cross linked over to the GlobalPop entity where they terminate in sets with predominately Mexico and Gulf Central America geographic references. Thus, the interpretation is that TPTW had a plan to [shift (or kill off?) the populace] of a large portion of the Gulf of Mexico region for their own purposes.....affecting the [sounther USA from FL through TX]...as a direct result of Springtime events in the GOM region in 2011.]

While the depopulation plan hasn't been revealed he does mention springtime in the GOM region. Hmm...what actually happened in the GOM region in the spring (This was January remember)...Oh yeah...flooding.

He also says

The Terra entity continues to show that [toxic contamination] including [waves (of) radiation] will be problems for [humans] and [animal life] over the next 3 years.

Japan (and now the potential of plant failures in the US) Check.

This was from a report dated 1/25/2011 by the way.

While I agree that there have been other predictions that haven't happened, there have been some that have been on the money.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Obvious nonsense. Whenever you hear "apocalyptic predictions of the Mayans," you know whoever says it is full of crap, because the Mayans did not predict an "Apocalypse" in 2012 at all. Their calendar just ends. I have a more accurate calendar on my desk and it ends on January 31, 2012. So I guess we should all be freaking out now, right?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Ummmm I hate to be the guy who breaks this news to you... but you are WAY off the mark. I live in the Gulf of Mexico region, there has NOT been any flooding in this area. The flooding in the US has been in the Midwest/ plains regions... that is a long LONG way away from the Gulf of Mexico region. If anything, you just proved Web Bot to be wrong all by yourself. Nice work

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Ummmm I hate to be the guy who breaks this news to you... but you are WAY off the mark. I live in the Gulf of Mexico region, there has NOT been any flooding in this area.

Umm, the last I checked, the flooding that happened in May along the Mississippi happened in Mississippi, and Louisiana. While not occurring right on the Gulf, those are Gulf states unless they've moved.

Plus, it doesn't disprove anything. The GOM space was only one of the areas. Did you read the part that said:

Rather the accrual of the subsets would tend to suggest that the [floods] meme will be going 'walk about' this year, as first one region, then another experience[(supposedly, once in a) millennium floods]

First one region then another. That does not imply exclusivity. First there was major flooding along the Mississippi then along the Missouri. Or the part that said

This would seem to be indicating that 2011 will have a more or less continuous rate of [flooding].

There has been major flooding more or less continously since the spring.

edit on 3-7-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Please excuse this question, it's not meant as a jab or troll, it's a honest question.

Didn't Webbot go defunct a year go? I thought the dood that did it shut it down because his reports had gotten hacked and disseminated so thoroughly through the internet that they had started to affect the future reports?

Bear in mind that the webbot project basically combed the internet looking for reoccurring themes and keywords and compiling them together into a snap shot of whatever was weighing down on the collective subconscious of man. So if webbot's otherwise private reports got spread all through the internet, they would then effect the next cycle of combing, creating a feed back loop if you will.

With that in mind, I had thought that the dood had announced he was stopping the project. Did I miss a memo?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

Please excuse this question, it's not meant as a jab or troll, it's a honest question. Didn't Webbot go defunct a year go? I thought the dood that did it shut it down because his reports had gotten hacked and disseminated so thoroughly through the internet that they had started to affect the future reports?

Speaking as a web bot supporter of sorts, I also admit that there are many things that it didn't predict correctly as well. Not sure the percentage, but it's as much about the interpretation of the data as the data itself, and it could be the interpretation that is off. That being said, I personally don't take your question as a jab, it's a very valid and interesting one.

I hadn't heard that, but I know personally I haven't bought the last 3 reports I've read and it is easy to find on the web in a number of different places from blogs to forums to torrents to directly posted ,pdfs. Logically, I would think that it would create a feedback loop but I'm not sure if the Bot is set to ignore its own reports or not.

However, far from going offline, the reports are intended to be published more frequently with issue 11 just published on July 1. I was going to quote what I had read on his site but can't find it now. The paraphrase is that because of the increasing rate at which time is passing he is publishing them more frequently rather than at longer intervals. Of course, this could be a way of making up lost revenue as they are increasingly easier to find free but...

He also recognizes this trend apparently and says...

Save your karma....if you need a free copy just ask cathy or moon here at halfpasthuman. No worries.

So nertz to the naysayers that dismiss it as being all about the money,
edit on 3-7-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

So what you are telling me is that this conspiracy crap web bot is not making money by not showing anything after 2012, and as a direct result gets tons more hits because people want to know what happens before "the end of the world"?

Sheesh, so gullible. Consumer confidence in imaginary products...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I disagree with two interpretations in the doc.

I think the Hopi prophecy "spinning wheels filled with voices" refers to CD's/DVD's, not cars.

I also think the Hopi drawing is the seed vault off Norway and there will be someone in it.

Recall that it is considered likely that the vault will end up underwater. The four figures on top of the vault represent survivors.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
WebBot - the most ridiculous, pointless pile of crap ever on this planet (and thats a very very bold statement given we also have bankers, politicians and X Factor/American Idol)
A computer that scours the internet - a man made database of information - and predicts the future from what people type on the web.
6 Billion people > so many subjects, predictions, prophecies, conspiracies, stories etc, I guess everything from the mundane to the outlandish is covered and can be trotted out as a prediction - then as is always the case people who WANT to believe twist something it spews out to suit their "prediction"
It is simply impossible for this webbot to predict the future based on what is input into it.
Infuriates me to see people put so much stock into this and not see how unreal the whole concept of this is.
Aaaaahhhhhhhh

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Here is more of what webbot had to say in the January issue

The [atmospheric river] phenomenon was described in the ALTA reports as leading to very widespread flooding across the [southwest], and [northwest] and [central plains] of the UsofA.

Sorry to say the [fires] of a type described as [near life like (self regenerating)] will be affecting...central and deep southern USA (Texas through to CA...)

What's going on now? Major fires in the southwest. Widespread flooding in the central plains. Predicted in January.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The [atmospheric river] phenomenon was described in the ALTA reports as leading to very widespread flooding across the [southwest], and [northwest] and [central plains] of the UsofA.

This story was just on NPR's All Things Considered today-possible flooding in the Southwest

www.npr.org...

Teams of firefighters and disaster management officials are going into already-burned areas of the Southwest to figure out how to prevent flooding now that the rainy season is beginning. They're looking for debris that's blocking streams — and for areas now devoid of trees that held together the soil.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

You really are going to sit here and tell me about the flooding in my own area?

If you read your web bot prediction, it discusses the massive damage in other areas to make a case for such flooding in my area. The truth is, it did not flood anymore than what it does every spring anyway. There was no "massive damage". Hence the so called "flooding" we got is par for the course. No massive damage = failed prediction. Which is what Web Bot usually gives us.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

But again, that is just one of the areas it mentions saying that the flood meme was "going on walkabout." It discusses floods in the central plains as well as fires in the south. Get over the floods in the GOM region, it talks about major floods in other areas too. I have also heard the phrase "once in a millineum" flooding used at least once or twice on the news to describe this seasons flooding. Also fires, the Texas fires in April, among the worst in state history, the current fires in Arizona and New Mexico, one in AZ being the biggest fire the state has known. Also major fires in California and Georgia.

Granted, it is not 100% with its predictions, nor does Clif claim it to be. Some things it gets right, some it gets wrong. I don't read it as the gospel truth of what will happen. I read it with the perspective of time. I didn't read it in January thinking that the flooding and fires were going to occur in the central plains or along the Miss. or in the southwest. When I picked it up again in May and again recently I said, "Huh, this has happened, that has happened, this other thing hasn't." To dismiss it all as BS isn't fair, nor is accepting it all as gospel truth wise.

Or, to quote the disclaimer at the beginning of the report:

This forecast is real. A person would still be an idiot to make decisions based solely on their interpretation of my interpretation of strange data patterns. Universe rewards thinking...Try to avoid group-think though, it is a poor substitute for personal, individual thinking...

I have found the most value in reading it after the fact and seeing where it has been interpreted correctly and where it has been interpreted incorrectly.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Could you state exactly how web bot operates?
My understanding is this from Wikipedia:

Methodology Internet bots monitor news articles, blogs, forums, and other forms of Internet chatter. Words in the lexicon are assigned numeric values for emotional quantifiers such as duration, impact, immediacy, intensity, and others. The lexicon is dynamic, and changes according to shifts in emotional tension, and how humans communicate those changes using the Internet. As of 2008, there were about 300,000 keywords in the lexicon, along with with emotional context indicators[3][4] which are fed into a computer-generated modelspace. They then use a technique called Asymmetric Language Trend Analysis (ALTA) developed by Clif High to generate a predictive report from a fully-populated modelspace. These predictive reports are known as ALTA or Web Bot reports. The 2010/2011 report underwent a formatting change and is titled The Shape of Things to Come - Volume Zero.

Therefore - as I have stated before - it basically scours the internet for words - INPUT BY HUMANS - and creates predictions based on this.

Please take a minute and comprehend how this can ever, ever be a method of predicting the future.
And perhaps you can quote a prediction still to pass - in a clear, unambiguous text
ie - there will be a 6.7 earthquake in the first week of August 2011 in the Cayman Islands
not some garbled - there will be a geological disturbance in the northwest United states in August kind of response that could be attributed to all manner of things - as well as being fairly likely to happen anyway.
and we can all sit here and wait for it to happen or not happen.
Perhaps if you quote 2 or 3 of these such predictions and they happen exactly as stated - then there is something to this - but I am yet to see such a prediction and corresponding result.

As you said:

I have found the most value in reading it after the fact and seeing where it has been interpreted correctly and where it has been interpreted incorrectly.

Therefore you even admit you only read it afterwards, and find some event that conveniently fits what it predicts.
Well that is not how predictions work - a prediction is defined as such:

A prediction or forecast is a statement about the way things will happen in the future, often but not always based on experience or knowledge. While there is much overlap between prediction and forecast, a prediction may be a statement that some outcome is expected, while a forecast may cover a range of possible outcomes

I absolutely detest people clinging onto this as a genuine method of predicting events - it is so utterly ridiculous it offends me greatly.
I genuinely dont mean to come across as rude to you - but as I said the way people still give this any credence baffles me.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

Therefore - as I have stated before - it basically scours the internet for words - INPUT BY HUMANS - and creates predictions based on this.

It's based on the idea of tapping into the collective consciousness and the idea that all people, with varying degrees of awareness, are psychic. I believe that wholeheartedly.

From Clif's website on the process: www.halfpasthuman.com...

We employ a technique based on radical linguistics to reduce extracts from readings of dynamic postings on the internet into an archetypical database. With this database of archtypical language, we calculate the rate of change of the language. The forecasts of the future are derived from these calculations. Our calculations are based on a system of associations between words and numeric values for emotional responses from those words. These 'emotional impact indicators' are also of our own devising. They are attached to a data base of over 300/three hundred thousand words. This data base of linked words/phrases and emotions is our lexicon from which the future forecasting is derived.

The interpretations provide a broad brush view of the future over the next few years. The broad view of the future is based on set theory and provides a collection of linguistic clues which can be used to forecast developing trends.

Set theory:

Set Theory is the mathematical science of the infinite. It studies properties of sets, abstract objects that pervade the whole of modern mathematics. The language of set theory, in its simplicity, is sufficiently universal to formalize all mathematical concepts and thus set theory, along with Predicate Calculus, constitutes the true Foundations of Mathematics. As a mathematical theory, Set Theory possesses a rich internal structure, and its methods serve as a powerful tool for applications in many other fields of Mathematics. Set Theory, with its emphasis on consistency and independence proofs, provides a gauge for measuring the consistency strength of various mathematical statements. There are four main directions of current research in set theory, all intertwined and all aiming at the ultimate goal of the theory: to describe the structure of the mathematical universe. They are: inner models, independence proofs, large cardinals, and descriptive set theory. See the relevant sections in what follows.

plato.stanford.edu...

You say:

Well that is not how predictions work - a prediction is defined as such:

A prediction or forecast is a statement about the way things will happen in the future, often but not always based on experience or knowledge. While there is much overlap between prediction and forecast, a prediction may be a statement that some outcome is expected, while a forecast may cover a range of possible outcomes

But by your very quoted definition you prove that you are confusing two terms. Let me draw out the relevant portion.

While there is much overlap between prediction and forecast, a prediction may be a statement that some outcome is expected, while a forecast may cover a range of possible outcomes

This says that, while similar, predictions and forecasts are not the same. Read the link I provided to Clif's site. Nowhere on that page does he use the word prediction. However in multiple places he uses the word forecast, because that is what it is, a forecast, not a prediction. The fact that people get the two confused results either from a fundamental misunderstanding of the work or a confusion between the terms "prediction" and "forecast" or both.

Therefore it is not "conveniently fitting what it predicts" because it isn't predicting anything, it is providing a forecast of "a range of possible outcomes"

Therefore, your refutation is incorrect:

And perhaps you can quote a prediction still to pass - in a clear, unambiguous text ie - there will be a 6.7 earthquake in the first week of August 2011 in the Cayman Islands not some garbled - there will be a geological disturbance in the northwest United states in August kind of response that could be attributed to all manner of things - as well as being fairly likely to happen anyway.

Because, "there will be a 6.7 eq in the first week of Aug 2011" is a prediction and the webbot is discussing forecasts.

edit on 5-7-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

it is clearly showing a complete gap with no information at all for the period 21st Dec.,2012 to May 2013.

I do find this blank in the Web Bots Predictions quite spooky and telling see what you think.

Perhaps this "blank" or "gap in information" is indicative of the "silence in the heavens" spoken of in the time line within Revelation scriptures. Silence in the heavens is when "Time is UP!" All people will have had the knowledge made available in order to make their decisions and choice. Some will choose to remain ignorant and complacent and will still deny the truth of what rules this world.

When silence in the heavens occurs, the sheep will have been separated from the goats. It is done; finished.
Buh-bye!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Hi Coyotepost

Someone clearly needs to educate the OP in what the webbot does then - as here is his opening post:

Here we have a Documentary (Decoded) that is in four parts - It correlates all the major prophesies given by the major religions and takes into account the Mayans and the Hopi Indians only to find that they all agree that some huge catastrophe is imminent.
It also takes into account the Web Bot Computer predictions - only to find that after running the program for a number of years now (sorry I don't know how long it's been up and running) and having successfully predicted many major events it is clearly showing a complete gap with no information at all for the period 21st Dec.,2012 to May 2013.
As the documentary is in four parts, those of you who have heard enough of all the other parts are given the opportunity to skip to the last part where it discusses this anomaly which is about 10 mins long.
I myself have watched it all and find that though, having already updated myself on all the other predictions and prophesies, it was still informative as a reminder as it is a fast temp punchy documentary with each part lasting 10 to 15 minutes.
I do find this blank in the Web Bots Predictions quite spooky and telling see what you think. www.documentarywire.com...

Yet you state this thing is providing forecasts which are clearly different (and by the way I know the difference between the two - I was posting the statement to show you what a prediction is)

Also - on virtually any google page you link to or even previous posts on this site - the word prediction comes up time and time and time again - so either most other people are wrong or you are?

Anyway - good luck to you if you feel this taps into a collective consience of peoples ramblings on the internet - I just hope you are not one of the poor people that they are fleecing by making people pay for their "predictions" or "forecasts" or whatever they are

All the best.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

Yet you state this thing is providing forecasts which are clearly different (and by the way I know the difference between the two - I was posting the statement to show you what a prediction is) Also - on virtually any google page you link to or even previous posts on this site - the word prediction comes up time and time and time again - so either most other people are wrong or you are?

See, I believe that going to the source for information about something. NOWHERE in his site does Clif use the word prediction. He uses the words forecast and interpretation a lot however. It it not me stating it or me being wrong or right, it is simply me pointing out the language that the creator of the thing uses. What other people call it or think of it is of little consequence when the creator of the thing stresses time and again that it is an interpretation of a forecast. Who would you tend to believe about what it is? Other people that had nothing to do with the development of the process saying that it is a prediction or the person who created it saying it is a forecast?
edit on 5-7-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join