It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why dont we Drug Test our Politicians along with the Florida Welfare Recipients?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
They are supposed to get tested. It really wouldn't matter if they did because I doubt many here would believe the results. I know I wouldn't and heres why.

Drug tests are incredibly easy for the average person to fake or get lost. I know a guy who smokes the stinky icky every day. He gets tested every other month and passes. The reason he passes is that he knows someone in the lab they send it to and he calls ahead of time to get them to do his analysis. The guy runs it through and reports it as clean.

Now he isn't anyone important, just a janitor, but if he can do this imagine what a politician can do.

I'm not saying they are drug addicts. I'm just saying if joe blow can get a test fudged then its safe to assume politicians would have no problems what so ever.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lecaro

Im all for it.. However the way the laws are currently written governing elected officals, they will ahve to be changed. As it stands right now elected officals cant be charged with a crime while they are in their offical capacities.

Absent that im all for it.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I would support this proposal 1000000%, and random drug tests, at that. Seriously, who's doing more harm, a welfare recipient on pot or a congressman on coke? Not to mention that the amount of money welfare recipients receive from public funds pales in significance compared to the taxpayer money our so-called leaders take home every week (whether they actually do any work or not).

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
as a tax payer and welfare contributor, i would feel much better knowing that they aren't collecting a portion of my check and sitting on their free housing and using money for drugs.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I know i've probably labored this point, but should we not test the bankers, who were handed over trillions of public funds, more than welfare could ever imagine. It's common knowledge bankers enjoy a fair amount of the old Columbian marching powder, which may have fueled their greed in robbing our nations. It seems a little unfair to only target those who receive a certain type of welfare.

sorry...just had to applaud you for this post.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This new law just disgusts me... Ill lay it out in a few key points from my point of view...

1. What this is telling me is... If your going to do drugs, do the hard stuff, which gets out of your system in 3 days or less... where a certain harmless "illegal" substance stays in your system well over a month

2. Alcohol consumption and prescription drugs are perfectly fine to abuse while on welfare...

3. The governor has alot of balls considering he used to own the largest drug testing facility in florida, which he sold... TO HIS WIFE?!? no conflict there... not

Also... the CIA must be pissed over this... now who are they going to sell all the opiates to?

I also agree with the topic header... All of government should be tested if us peons have too as well for employment, and even now with this law, if you are unlucky enough to be unemployed...
edit on 3-7-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Own the cup. Right now that's the best you can hope for.

If you are a business owner you will never have to pee in a cup, you own the cup. Those that work for you are the ones that have to piss on demand.

Start a second hand shop, sell fruit at the farmers market, six pot plants will bring in $6000 dollars every ninety days if you know how to grow. Accept that you've been royally screwed and decide to screw back. Stop paying taxes.

Your whole life you have paid into medicare, every single paycheck was taxed, and now that the baby boomers are about to hit retirement, the Republican party has decided to amend it. You now get nothing for a lifetime of major deductions from your paycheck. I'd be OK with that if they'd give us our freakin' money back, but the won't.

The police force has been trained to beat, torture and kill any resistance in the population, so open revolt is out of the question. The only true option for freedom left is to turn your back on them.

Own the cup.

Find a way to barter, sell, buy, live and flourish outside of the system. Instead of pissing in a cup, learn to piss on them.

Only then will you know the freedom our founding fathers promised.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If you start drug testing politicians and law enforcement, you will have to legalize coc aine because that is typically their drug of choice.

Just saying.

Excellent thread topic, I am enjoying the discussion.

Better yet, legalize all of it. You can still require testing for those operating dangerous machinery, I wouldn't have a problem with that. But no black-listing please, if someone is willing to sober up and get clean, I see no problem with allowing them to operate machinery after detoxing.
edit on 3-7-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Politicians should be doing more drugs, actually. It might give them a fresh perspective on things.

That's why they don't want us using them. Any thinking outside the box they've locked us in is strictly forbidden.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
it's a form of government control. maybe the governor should be focused on wiping out coc aine trafficking in miami and the rest of florida, instead of picking on an addict who's barely human anymore.

it's a brilliant strategy from a corrupt and evil man. his wife's company, therefore him, get rich testing citizens, the addicts that fail get booted, and start holding knives to the throats of innocent people, mugging them for money in a desperate attempt to get drugs to alleviate their desperation.

what a way to make florida safer. this guy should win the nobel peace prize.

if the lousy few hundred dollars some addicts get from welfare make the streets a little safer, then it is a good investment.

not to mention that the majority of welfare recipients aren't drug abusers and humiliating someone down on their luck even more is un-Christian, and shameful.

especially because its done for greed by a piece of sh-t that has no business representing anyone.

edit on 3-7-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Ok well first off here in Missouri police , fire, and ems are drug tested on a regular basis. Now people who do recieve help from the state welfare, ebt, medicaid, ect. should infact be drug tested. These people who are in need of help because they can't find work, or are disabled should not be able to use our tax money for their habit, but neither should the polictians either. But if they are positive they should be required to enter a rehab program, or drug court. And if they refuse then they should be taken off the help they are recieving for a certain number of years. But the same should be true for our politictians also, rehab and/or drug court, public apology, and if refused dissmissed from office for certain amount of years. Just what i think.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by firemedic10

pretty much any city,township,village,county,state has police, fire, ems and anyone who is driving one of their vehicles is drug tested on a regular basis, know your facts

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
That's a good idea. Implement a mandatory blood test and do random blood test for these smucks to figure out why America is/going bankrupt.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lecaro

Seriously? Florida has never given a flying #. Casey Anthony just killed her child, and got away with murder so do you really think Florida would care if the governor is doing blow?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join