It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spelling by Australians is very bad

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
It seems that Australians attempt to infiltrate the international scene with poor spelling.

Why can not Australians, who are destined to be the NWO patsy country spell properly, or at least spend a few extra seconds and edit their mistakes?

Dismayed to say the least of Australians. Is there an apathy? Is it intentional?

Smart people, yet, grammatically incorrect.

Australia and America were basically founded by England YET AMERICA is the one who changed the spelling of a lot of words to suit their own needs so when we install software now we are subjected to, and by default in a lot of cases, American spelling so the rest of the world then changes it back English (UK)...

to sum it up America, YOU learn how to spell

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
It seems that Australians attempt to infiltrate the international scene with poor spelling.

Why can not Australians, who are destined to be the NWO patsy country spell properly, or at least spend a few extra seconds and edit their mistakes?

Dismayed to say the least of Australians. Is there an apathy? Is it intentional?

Smart people, yet, grammatically incorrect.

Have you checked your own grammar? "Why cannot Australians...." !!?????

Good grief.

I take you live in Canada?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
its the sun and spiders that do that ,if you want to spell correct come to Ireland

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
spelling is half the battle. now it's time for australians to conquer grammar.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

Posting on ATS or any other message board is not an English literacy test or game.

I type pretty fast, make afew mistakes from time to time only because time is precious and I don't have all bloody day to edit nor read as much as I'd like on the ATS board.

If you have a problem with that...tough luck pal

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
me from umerica soem time
I no spell to good
y r u pickking on austaleaeya so much?
uphapy everyonne u make

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

However if it were to be 'We are not going to apologise for our actions', then of course the user is said to be of British/Australian background.

You forgot Canada; which is a larger population than Australia

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think it's that the people of Australia have different spelling rules through culture. It's a whole different branch of English, so it's going to be different than British English or American English.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I`m terrible with spelling,but I have improved over the years and could have been seen as illiterate when first joining.

So I appologize that I may have caused you a fellow Aussie embarrassment.

But what I may lack in spelling,I make up in cockyness.

With you being a gramma Nazi, well then lets call it even.
edit on 4-7-2011 by gps777 because: beta grandma.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
You now if I did not have a spellchecker on my browser I would be in big trouble.
my actual spelling is god awful.
But through the miracle of technology it come out perfect.

I admit it I'm awful at spelling and spell check is a life saver.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by camouflaged

Originally posted by lifecitizen
Guessing maybe you could relocate to another country? you seem very unhappy with living in Australia.

i hope that wasint directed at me, how could you think i dont love the country i was born in because i make fun of the slang that people think we speak? i was stating a point that maybe language amongst's the youth has declined because of our slang + text! where else am i gonna go lol im through and through

not it wasnt directed at you.

It was directed at 'Guessing'

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Couldn't care less what a Spelling Troll thinks any more. Learn to form proper sentences then maybe I'll start to respect what you said. Until then you are nothing more than a troll.

People make mistakes....we should all be more tolerant.
edit on 6-7-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I used to think I could spell. Then I moved to New Zealand. Aside from grammatical differences, I discovered countries do spell words quite differently. However, "I learnt my maths is good as!" *Cognizant to a Kiwi.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join