It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spelling by Australians is very bad

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Thank you... E...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I have to thank the OP as I am genuinely enjoying this thread. I really am.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

Well after reading a few of your posts, I guess you must know by now that you come across as someone pretending to be high and mighty while sitting on a porcelain pedestal. Seeing as you've made a fool of yourself, I'd also recommend you stay seated while you flush, at least that way one end would be free of diarrhoea. One can only hope your Internet connection fails so we can be free of your verbal amoebic dysentery too.

I believe an opinion and taking pride in what you do is by far, more valid than a grammar or spelling mistake but since you made so many mistakes, it was amusing to see you were thoroughly 'owned' because of them. That was a seriously bad smell coming from your port-a-loo.

Ps... not everyone uses a knife and fork either.... that comment was ridiculous, as you're inferring that people who use an alternative means (e.g chopsticks) aren't up to the standard.
YUP ! you're a t'roll...... Toilet roll.... now ya best be being proud of it.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LexiconV

Well after reading a few of your posts, I guess you must know by now that you come across as someone pretending to be high and mighty while sitting on a porcelain pedestal. Seeing as you've made a fool of yourself, I'd also recommend you stay seated while you flush, at least that way one end would be free of diarrhoea. One can only hope your Internet connection fails so we can be free of your verbal amoebic dysentery too.

I believe an opinion and taking pride in what you do is by far, more valid than a grammar or spelling mistake but since you made so many mistakes, it was amusing to see you were thoroughly 'owned' because of them. That was a seriously bad smell coming from your port-a-loo.

Ps... not everyone uses a knife and fork either.... that comment was ridiculous, as you're inferring that people who use an alternative means (e.g chopsticks) aren't up to the standard.

maybe you should read them all, befiore you make an ill informed comment.

But hats off for your contribution, least you had a go... most are way to lazy to get out of bed

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing

maybe you should read them all, before you make an ill informed comment.

But hats off for your contribution, least you had a go... most are way too lazy to get out of bed

Fixed it for you

edit on 3/7/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

But hats off for your contribution, least you had a go... most are way too lazy to get out of bed

Fixed it for you

Maybe you could be my personal editor?

I could only pay you with love though.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

What, don't you know how to use a spell-checker? Perhaps a dictionary would suffice?

And I only accept cold hard cash! In advance.....

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Fixed it for you

Maybe you could be my personal editor?

I could only pay you with love though.

Bend over then mate, as I see that's the only way you can take it!

So we're the happiest country and you think we can't spell, ignorance is bliss then. Lol

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

maybe you should read them all, befiore you make an ill informed comment.

But hats off for your contribution, least you had a go... most are way to lazy to get out of bed

I did read them all.... hence my comment about you being thoroughly 'owned' regarding your stuff ups. Your sudden decline in elevation and considerable backtracking is worthy of a Homer Simpson dialogue. I doubt you're a guy. I'd say you're pre menopausal and you have people in your life who call you 'nanny', even if it's behind your back. Doh !

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

..... I doubt you're a guy. I'd say you're pre menopausal and you have people in your life who call you 'nanny', even if it's behind your back. Doh !

Thats Gold!!!

I guess that would mean she's a bloody old sheila then?
edit on 3-7-2011 by Seagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

I know right! Damn americans dumbering down our ENGLISH.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

No I think your mistaken-Chavs are the poorly educated individuals you're looking for

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
There is a problem with your logic sir.

Arbitrarily grouping millions of individuals into a single umbrella group and applying the same generalized characteristics to all of them is bound to lead to failure.

Aside of basic human needs, every individual is entirely different and has many unique personality traits.

Also, the speech patterns, grammar, spelling, and writing or thinking skills that each individual possess are also distinct, unique, and differing.

Let this be a philosophical lesson to you about the pitfalls that over-generalization exhibits.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
I have to thank the OP as I am genuinely enjoying this thread. I really am.

I apologize for ruining the fun with a broadside barrage of artillery.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf2d5a7b4515.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
are there any other countries, racial groups or religious groups that you would like to try and insult today?
Your conclusions are based on what???
Grow up and stop trying to incite hatred. You probably believe in Phrenology too.
You would have thrived in Nazi Germany. It is people like you that allow people like Hitler to become as powerful as they do.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
OK, Firstly, this OP is a joke. I am an Aussie and I am not offended by someone who comes across as lacking in even basic intelligence.

In fact, I found a lot of humour in your post and had to view it as such, because surely you are not serious about the spelling.

Can you clarify some things?

NWO, Have you got any info that points to us being the NWO patsy country, or however you put it?

I mean I know it has been prophecised that during the Third Great War there will be a country, the size of Europe, surrounded by Great seas that will not have even a single shot fired on or over it, which sounds like Australia to me. This was prophecised by Mitar Tarabich.

Now, to the topic of spelling. Honestly, do you actually really care? I mean life is so short, man, that you really need to overlook such minor indiscretions when it comes to social interactions nowadays, especially given the mediums in which we are now communicating. Texting, Skype, MSN, Facebook, I mean why care so much? Unless of course you are truly lacking in overall ability to read, therefore during your struggle to read, you simply cannot comprehend a word that is misspelt.

Anyway, the mention of NWO has me curious as I have wondered why we would be spared participation in the Third Great War...and I can only truly answer with 'Because our country is possibly behind it and will be the safe haven for many Elite'.

Given your name is 'guessing'.....which isn't all that far from 'clueless'....are any really surprised by this thread

edit on 3-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
www.oecd.org...

Next time do some research before you start dribbling.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I only agree with the op on one thing and that is what he/she said about West Coast Eagles supporters. Nothing good can ever come from Eagles supporters... and they are not to be trusted!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Too bad "we" pick apart everyone and everything else ----- ove stupid little details. Fact is I am American and I when telling or showing or teaching and guiding people to live well ---- do not care to be politically correct or proper and precise. What I care about is the SUBSTANCE, not style as Americans are hung up on --- I care for the heart, not the 'prettiness of everything --- Guess that is why I and the 10,000s I assist and change their lives THRIVE.

I BRING ALL TOGETHER --- You (most) do nothing but DIVIDE and SEPARATE!

A shame! Sad - The death of things is division of mankind --- keep up the good work --- It has worked for ages to make man less than human or humane!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
In some ways the OP is correct.

Particularly when it comes to the younger generations who are not so well educated as we used to be 30 or 40 years ago. Most can't spell what I consider to be normal daily used words by the time they leave high school. Not sure how much Texting has added to this problem, but the main cause was the wholesale changes to the education system in the 1980's that ruined it for the majority who followed.

One of my petty dislikes, spelling wise, is "Loose" instead of Lose.. but I note all nationalities write it this way now, so the dumbing down of the younger generations world-wide is on target.

ps... any spelling mistakes from me will always be due to this dyslexic condition that has come on since I started getting old.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join