It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spelling by Australians is very bad

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by guessing

Poor spelling seems to be a common trait regardless of nationality.
As does dyslexia.
As does ignorance and arrogance.
edit on 3/7/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
Guessing maybe you could relocate to another country? you seem very unhappy with living in Australia.

i hope that wasint directed at me, how could you think i dont love the country i was born in because i make fun of the slang that people think we speak? i was stating a point that maybe language amongst's the youth has declined because of our slang + text! where else am i gonna go lol im through and through

link   

Originally posted by guessing
Twas the post of the spelling and not of the grammer that was conceived.
but most, will avoid the truth.

Grammar, not grammer.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
That may very well be true, but I've seen americans and english be just as atrocious.
I consider myself a good speller, but I'm not too sure about my grammar skill.

Text messaging isn't helping the entire planets spelling.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Text messaging isn't helping the entire planets spelling.

That i agree with 100%

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well said. I completely agree.
Second.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

You spell good.

Grammar, not so much.

You need a CAPITAL B after a full stop!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

Originally posted by Chadwickus

You spell good.

Grammar, not so much.

you need a CAPITAL B after a full stop!

Never said my grammar was good.
Never

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I am Australian and even I know you cannot start a sentence with the word “but”. Please correct your grammar as it is annoying . The whole world should be Australian... you will be in good hands!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

On this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... you quoted this, I can ssume you have travelled all around the world? Seen lots of different cultures and societies?

We have a very clear culture. It is Australian. To say we do not have one is sharp.

Is suggesting you are sharp a put down?
I provided a reference to Australian culture and all you got out of it was about indigenous australians?

Really have a think about our culture then maybe post something about your thoughts.

As I said I am not here to provided lessons in culture and diverstity in Australia.

I might provide a resource paper or something like that though.

The above is your spelling, And you didn't go back to correct it.
This thread is nothing less than a rant, And should be moved accordingly.
Regards robbo.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Robbo2006

I suggest you move it then... all those in favour?

Where is your sense of satirical evolution?

Give fellow Aussies one thing, they are good at ...... fill in the blank/s

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

It seems that Australians attempt to infiltrate the international scene with poor spelling.

Why can not Australians, who are destined to be the NWO patsy country spell properly, or at least spend a few extra seconds and edit their mistakes?

Dismayed to say the least of Australians. Is there an apathy? Is it intentional?

Smart people, yet, grammatically incorrect.

Speak for yourself mate. I double check everything I post and rarely make mistakes.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

It seems that Australians attempt to infiltrate the international scene with poor spelling.

Why can not Australians, who are destined to be the NWO patsy country spell properly, or at least spend a few extra seconds and edit their mistakes?

Dismayed to say the least of Australians. Is there an apathy? Is it intentional?

Smart people, yet, grammatically incorrect.

Speak for yourself mate. I double check everything I post and rarely make mistakes.

Good for you.... You make Australia proud.
Maybe you could educate the rest of the population?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

If there is one thing ATS needs is yet another Spelling Nazi.

Here's a novel thought for you - concentrate on the quality of posts and the information they provide instead of picking on people who may or may not have had the same level of education as you.

Boo.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by camouflaged
thats not flamin true mate, watta make ya think that?, call an ambo in the arvo incase i have a tinny or two, im just ya average joe blow havin a go... in reality aussies started the whole text shortening of words long before anyone else by doing it with words used in everyday language, maybe text talk is to fault for declining language skills amongsts modern youth.

Hah ha ha ha!

I have actually placed translation in brackets for some of my posts,
Wont be botherin’ now!
Xx

What a redonkulous thing to say, to nit pick on, fair go fellah!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

If there is one thing ATS needs is yet another Spelling Nazi.

Here's a novel thought for you - concentrate on the quality of posts and the information they provide instead of picking on people who may or may not have had the same level of education as you.

Boo.

Boo Hoo, spelling is the basic form of communication in words.

Spelling Nazi, nope.. Just making a suggestion about Australians and their spelling.

You may not be able to read, that is worse

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Had a thought…
Could be Southern hemisphere envy…

just sayin’

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty
Dpends really...

What exactly about the spelling bothers you? Is it the actual british english compared to the US english... or just the spelling in general?

Centre or Center?
Apologise or Apologize?

To me its actually quite a solid way to determine the origin and indoctrinated education system of said individual.

If you have an 'Anon' user typing 'We are not going to apologize for our actions' then it can be said the person is of a US education background. However if it were to be 'We are not going to apologise for our actions', then of course the user is said to be of British/Australian background.

Can you be a little more specific? Thank you

No, it is the ability to spell basic words.

That is all.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It is all in the semantics, who cares to be honest, language and spelling is in fact constantly evolving, much like evolution, someone from the 17th century would have a hard time reading what one was to write in this day and age, net alone my grand parents. Does it matter if it is text or txt or texxt, if it is in context you will understand it. Old rules are quickly falling by the way side in our modern word. Dont sweet the small things, there are far bigger things that shuld, shld, should concern you. And don't, do not, dnt pick on us Aussies for our spelling at least we don't blow our own buildings up and shoot our presidents, net alone force our ideals on every oil or resource bearing country that exists. I guess spelling isnt important to all those that want to come and live of us here, are you originally Australian or a ring in?
edit on 3-7-2011 by marsend because: changes

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Lol. So the Spelling Nazi has been called out on it and all he has to come back with is accusing me of not being able to read. LMFAO.

Good to know there is yet another person on ATS who couldn't give a crap about the information being posted, so long as the spelling is 100% accurate.

Troll.
edit on 3/7/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join