It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army, CIA, corporations, propaganda & Internet sock puppets : facts, tactics & fight back

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by theHairInTheSoup

The identical straw man was thrown into my thread. Fascinating...

Might just be a coincidence of course. There's no point accusing anyone of anything.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Wonderful thread, this is why I do not watch any mainstream News. I did my research years ago and most of the garbage MSN puts out is only partly true or it is just a lie. I am really disappointed at how well they keep us uninformed about world events.

It makes since that there would be disinformation on the internet and why not, it is part of the real world the people behind spreading disinformation are real people.
It is common knowledge with people that research information that world governments and corporate conglomerates hire people to do damage control to help cover up the facts.

Take 911 for an example, all we got for information were excuses to why the event happened, yet when we question our government we are ridiculed and our intelligent are insulted. The Truth has become the enemy in the United States when it comes to 911. Look at all the TV shows like Shawn Hannity, Bill O’Riely and Glen Beck, these people shove their mindless opinion at the viewer’s convincing them this is what the government and the whole country believes, anything else is not acceptable or we are considered nut case’s and conspiracy theorists if we believe in anything else besides what mainstream media shovels out.

Since when did conspiracy theory become a negative? If it wasn’t for conspiracy theorist crimes would never be solved.

Most of these people who work as show host, talk radio, and News announcers are paid to spin and do damaged control to deliberately misinform the public; it is their job and what I see that is missing most of the time when they are spewing disinformation is logic. That’s right, our government, corporations and mainstream media do not like people who can logically think for themselves, these people are a threat to their propaganda, and so ridiculing critical thinking people is all they can do.

I feel strongly that we have paid keyboard Ops in many of our 911 threads, if they’re not trolling then they are spreading disinformation from well-known disinformation websites that are only opinionated from the websites authors in supporting only the OS and nothing else, and using such websites as *911 Myths* as their information to back their ridiculous claims.

The war on controlling information is on, even on ATS, the truth is the only weapon we have and we must continue fighting the good fight until it is accepted.

edit on 3-7-2011 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Very good thread. Doubt everything, never believe what u hear and only half of what you see.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

and i wish those guys would appear here and expand on their convictions with constructive & genuine posts.

In fact this thread in which you were posting was the spark that has ignited my fire giving me the energy to gather those facts & links & write the thread : www.abovetopsecret.com...

not the OP, bringing nothing as for food for thoughts, but obviously all those prompt answers to dismiss the existence of organized disinfo on the web (creating an illusion of majority opinion). Those posters are very active on ATS and I bet (didn't check but they are always posting so...) have been posting on other threads since I published here.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You cannot be aware and protect yourself with that type of limited knowledge. The ones that say you are overestimating their tactics are underestimating their tactics and vice versa.

Heres the deal. You are a spiritual being first and foremost and once you learn you are not seperate from anything that you are indeed everything that is was or ever will be then you can defend and actually bring into harmony that which is not in harmony.

This is gonna sound corney and out there but As in Star Wars.. the Jedi Knights say...Let go and use the force..You are part of it and are it. This force. You can say Star Wars is Mind Kontrol programming and so it is...the truth of the matter is you are larger than Army, CIA, corporations

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
kinda sad to realize the media we are using to expose conspiracies could now be compromised, if in a soon futur, the internet get even more controlled, how conspiracy theorists will be able to expose conspiracies...will elites have a global power over the world without anything or anybody to stop them...
edit on 3-7-2011 by mick1423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
you can pretty much sum up twitter and the people who use it by removing the "ter."

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Just like all people who disagree with the government line or any other mainstream line aren't disinfo agents/sheep. Sorry if I hyperbole'd, but if you look through any thread on this site, I am sure almost 90% of them will have the accusation of someone being a disinfo agent, or anyone not agreeing being a sheeple. For example, almost any birther thread.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

My post was more directed at some of the posts after it.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

"stop calling everyone that disagree with you a disinformation agent"

You have to admit that many people who are just plain wrong often like to accuse other's of being a 'disinfo agent' when they lack the facts to argue a reasonable case.

OR does pointing that out expose me as disinfo?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

In fact this thread in which you were posting was the spark that has ignited my fire giving me the energy to gather those facts & links & write the thread :

Yep and my post in the thread possibly could have ignited your interest to make such a thread perhaps?? I can't thank you enough for constructing and compiling such a great compilation of information my friend.

I will finish reading soon and formulate a longer reply perhaps..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What makes you think Any disinfo agents are here? I don't see why they would be. We're hardly that important after all.

We're hardly that important after all.

To deny the possibility of Dis-info and COINTELPRO is the same thing as sticking your head in the sand

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

not the OP, bringing nothing as for food for thoughts, but obviously all those prompt answers to dismiss the existence of organized disinfo on the web (creating an illusion of majority opinion). Those posters are very active on ATS and I bet (didn't check but they are always posting so...) have been posting on other threads since I published here.

Exactly that shows that many people are short-sighed and not open the the possibilities and/or facts that are very real.

They just want to ignore the possibility and/or are willfully ignorant.(Or they are actually dis-info Paid, or Un-paid)
edit on 3-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

"stop calling everyone that disagree with you a disinformation agent"

You have to admit that many people who are just plain wrong often like to accuse other's of being a 'disinfo agent' when they lack the facts to argue a reasonable case.

you have to admit you didn't read much of the thread, because this is completely addressed in the OP, at least 2 times.

DISCLAIMER: more than often, on board like ats, hoaxes are posted so some kind of debunking shall be done, absolutely. But facts are always enough; ridicule & discredit are never required for that, nor any other of those other vicious tactics.

Let's stop calling them disinfo agent at face value but let's just expose their tactic to the visitors & other members every time they are applying them

OR does pointing that out expose me as disinfo?

your post is ignoring & trying to deviate the whole problematic of the thread: you were using that popular strawman tactic.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This should be a sticky. Even well intentioned "normal" members can fall into using these tactics. Calling everyone on them is a great idea. Perhaps we could get an official tactics menu and refer to the tactics by number.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

A strawman? That implies I'm attacking your position. I'm not. I found your thread interesting and informative. That merely stood out as a point to me worth re-iterating. Touchy much?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Advisor has a cool thread going that some here will find interesting:

Media~ "The Science of Spying 1965 Video"

A stand-out line from the vid there:

"Technicians, Pilots, Demolition Teams, Radio Technicians, professional Psychologists that organize rumor networks. These men provided the know-how of organizing a successful revolution."

It's amazing what you can learn from something that some might consider too "dated" to be worth the time. So to the poster who thought we weren't important enough I especially note the line "…psychologists that organize rumor networks."

How far do you think that kind of thing has come along and how well do you think it fits in with the solid info here in this OP?

And, hmmm, I wonder...how a team of gubmint psychologists would attempt to manipulate opinion even here?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I salute your professionally written and documented post. The thing I love about FACTS is they are INDISPUTABLE.

The only minor criticism I have with the piece is I don't think you fully described the implications. Most people will agree that perception is more important than reality. Red light means stop, right? It depends. Today you can turn on red after a stop. Red light does not necessarily mean stop anymore now that the collective has agreed to the new rules.

It took years of "marketing" to change our perception. Killing is wrong, right? Getting a job as soldier is an honorable profession, right? Their sacrifices ensure we, the collective American citizens can live in a free country with all of the freedoms promised to us by the constitution and our unalienable rights bestowed upon us by God, right?

My question is what means justify the ends of protecting our so called freedoms? Does it mean supporting the suspension of habeus corpus or accepting the Patriot Act or accepting US lead NATO planes dropping laser guided bombs on preschools in Libya?

The disinfo agents, sock puppets and social programs have little to do with protecting US citizens from terrorists and much to do with forming our collective opinions to accept without question concepts that would have lead to revolutions in the streets a couple of generations ago.

The FACT that the science used against us was created by occultist nazis. There is a war going on for our minds and our SOULS. We are bombard every minute of every day with images of women being turned into objects of sexual gratification, nothing more than a life support system for a vagina and a rack.

Boys play video games repeating graphic murder over and over until they are desensitized. Politicians go on television and pretend there is no way to cut the budget eventhough the national budget has doubled in the last ten years. Every other industry has been decimated over the last ten years. How is it the govt has grown by 100%.

It's not enough to influence the media. The WWW is the only wild card. It's a source of truth. We the people may realize that the emporer is wearing no clothes.

ATS became infected by disinfo agents starting in November of 2009. I noticed immediately. The tenor of conversations began to change. Instead of healthy skepticism, there was dogma. Instead of gentlemen agreeing to disagree, there were personal insults hurled. Instead of opinions supported by scientific methods or anecdotal evidence there was babble.

For the last 18 months, it was practically invariable that the disinfo types joined recently. Many had names designed to sound credible. I have noticed a new trend however. The disinfo agents have been posting with join dates of 2008 and earlier.

I'd like to ask the mods if there is a trend identifying old members suddenly becoming more active and posting from new ISPs. I guarantee you will find it to be true.

There is a solution that is much easier than trying to outsmart a computer. The solution is irrational. You will never outsmart a computer being rational. Next time you encounter a suspected disinfo agent, don't take the bait. Don't get angry. They depend on hatred. They feed on hatred.

We must fight back on a quantum level. Send thoughts of love to them. Don't waver in your conviction. Take solace in the fact that our collective capacity for intuition is growing and that we are becoming desensitized to propaganda.

The dark side is on the defensive. They are getting increasingly desperate and their plans are not succeeding. Every day people are waking up to the lies. Look what's happening in Greece and Iceland. It won't be long before the NSA begins to turn on themselves. The TSA agents won't last long as they see more of their friends dying of testicular cancer.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I was wondering what you think of these entitys who spend an innordinate amount of time on sites such as this one, but all they do is try and try and try, with much effort, to make sure everyone understands, that you are a "paranoid" "conspiracy theorist" or "conspiracy nut" if you are interested in wanting to know if there really is a planet x, or why the government hoards mres and body bags, stuff like that for example. When all people want to know is what is really going on.
Zarp3333, are those the ones of which you speak? What is their deal? Are they -Official?- I think they are.
edit on 3-7-2011 by simone50m because: edit.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

thanks for your whole insight & perspective, you're making lots of sense to me (forgive me for not acknowledging/replying before)

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Another thing common to them is their name: often a simple one-word name that is generic and unremarkable and thus not easily remembered. They often have no avatar since they work multiple personas and once again, an avatar would make them less anonymous.

however I'm not so sure about that part of your post because, as we can see in the quoted leaked email from HB Gary, they work deeply on the profiles of the sock puppets, so imo that would include not so generic username & avatar as well...

To build this capability we will create a set of personas on twitter,‭ ‬blogs,‭ ‬forums,‭ ‬buzz,‭ ‬and myspace under created names that fit the profile‭ (‬satellitejockey,‭ ‬hack3rman,‭ ‬etc‭)‬.‭ ‬These accounts are maintained and updated automatically through RSS feeds,‭ ‬retweets,‭ ‬and linking together social media commenting between platforms.‭

to me it sounds like they are deeply working on creating credible really existing persons from top to bottom...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Awesome post. Now if we could get a billionaire philanthropist to fund a worldwide leaflet drop, much like the propaganda bombs used by governments, that would be great

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Thanks to the OP for a very useful and informative thread.

During the course of many discussions in the 9/11 forum, it became obvious to me that some of the "debunkers" were not sincere in their posts. However, I found that it often made sense to interact with them as if they were sincere posters. Doing so requires a good deal of patience and a refusal to be goaded by obvious insincerity into some breach of the T&C, which could lead to being banned, or even worse, losing ATS points!!

I reasoned that the shills were posting in the attempt to influence, not me, but readers who might not be as well informed as I was and who might have a psychological predisposition to want to believe the lies told to them by the Bush administration and by the shills working or volunteering for them.

Often these lies were infantile and transparent, or chuckleheaded and competely unreasonable.

By patiently meeting these liars on the level of their lies with simple easy to understand truths, that undermined their position, I believe that I was possibly winning converts to the truth in a demographic that brainy truthers seldom address.

Looked at that way, the shills and disinfo agents perform a valuable service for the truther community. When they post in the manner they do, it is done as part of a well researched strategic plan, undoubtely researched at the cost of hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars.

When truthers patiently respond to the posts of these organized shills, we, in effect, appropriate those hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of taxpayer funded research, and put them in the service of the taxpayer, working for his interests, instead of against them.

Propaganda ju jitsu.

Using the enemy's strength against him.

No matter what is done or said by the criminal overworld, intelligent people, working on the side of the angels, can counter it.

Smash fascism!!!

edit on 3-7-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join