It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Ants.....or Zombie Humans..AHHHHHh

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Check this out, fungi attaches itself to an ant, takes over the mind via chemical release, forces the ant to chomp down on the spine of a plant and lock its jaws so that the fungi can grow in an environment where it can get more nutrition etc....

very very odd.

www.guardian.co.uk...

My own speculation takes me to the point, that if they(TPTB) did enough research on this, they would be able to take over entire human minds and make them do what ever they wanted. or even just commit suicide on the spot, thats basically what is happening to the ants.

May be a bit over the top, but its not impossible!!!!
and i am not claiming that they are doing this now.
Or are they..................

am just saying it could happen if they research and create devices that could emulate this.

Also another concern is that it seems to be that what ever this fungi has been spread over, be it a dead body or an ant with the fungi in its system whilst still moving, when eaten can transfer microscopically to the eater and begin its path of destruction their and then the transfer cycle keeps continuing.

My advice/target would be to destroy the infection before it adapts and is able to take over much larger beings such as humans.

Heres a video of it.
Very Disturbing.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-7-2011 by ShadowZion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
It's already been done in humans ,its called television

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

yeah but we can break away from television, this we would have no control over, we wouldn't acknowledge our consciousness.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Sure you can turn off the Tv ,but then the constant in your face ads and warnings, keep you in fear and wanting a cheeseburger.We have wasps here, that collect spiders , drug them and put them in a coma so they remain fresh for the babies for months.The human equivalent is ?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I didn't know that about wasps over where you are but very interesting (ill do more research on that).............., i dont watch TV, haven't for years, their is something about watching somebody else live their lives that just doesn't appeal to me, and the knowledge that through these shows, subliminally thats how they want me to live my life, to have those situations occur and to keep looped in materialism.

You are very correct about the TV but we always have the ability to break away.

Ive done for years.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowZion

that fungus was been doing that for millions of years im not sure they could do the same thing with human your brains are pretty complex

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
We can already do this, do to a SMALL amount of pufferfish toxin, and other drugs

Several decades later, Wade Davis, a Harvard ethnobotanist, presented a pharmacological case for zombies in two books, The Serpent and the Rainbow (1985) and Passage of Darkness: The Ethnobiology of the Haitian Zombie (1988). Davis traveled to Haiti in 1982 and, as a result of his investigations, claimed that a living person can be turned into a zombie by two special powders being entered into the blood stream (usually via a wound). The first, coup de poudre (French: 'powder strike'), includes tetrodotoxin (TTX), a powerful and frequently fatal neurotoxin found in the flesh of the pufferfish (order Tetraodontidae). The second powder consists of dissociative drugs such as datura. Together, these powders were said to induce a death-like state in which the will of the victim would be entirely subjected to that of the bokor. Davis also popularized the story of Clairvius Narcisse, who was claimed to have succumbed to this practice. The process described by Davis was an initial state of death-like suspended animation, followed by re-awakening—typically after being buried—into a psychotic state. The psychosis induced by the drug and psychological trauma was hypothesised by Davis to re-inforce culturally-learned beliefs and to cause the individual to reconstruct their identity as that of a zombie, since they 'knew' they were dead, and had no other role to play in the Haitian society. Societal reinforcement of the belief was hypothesized by Davis to confirm for the zombie individual the zombie state, and such individuals were known to hang around in graveyards, exhibiting attitudes of low affect. In 1988, Wes Craven, director of the Nightmare on Elm Street horror series of movies, filmed The Serpent and the Rainbow, which diverges significantly from the book. Davis' claim has been criticized, particularly the suggestion that Haitian witch doctors can keep “zombies” in a state of pharmacologically induced trance for many years.[5] Symptoms of TTX poisoning range from numbness and nausea to paralysis (particularly of the muscles of the diaphragm), unconsciousness, and death, but do not include a stiffened gait or a death-like trance. According to psychologist Terence Hines, the scientific community dismisses tetrodotoxin as the cause of this state, and Davis's assessment of the nature of the reports of Haitian zombies is viewed as overly credulous.[6] Scottish psychiatrist R. D. Laing highlighted the link between social and cultural expectations and compulsion, in the context of schizophrenia and other mental illness, suggesting that schizogenesis may account for some of the psychological aspects of zombification.[7]

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

That is very interesting, but im sure that practice must have been shut down or destroyed entirely, im talking about a new form of manipulation, imagine if you could pump that fungi with GM steroids to make it bigger, more aggressive and more active. imagine.............

This is also uncontrolled death (referring to the chemical mix) they cant give you a certain objective to carry out.

This parasitic fungi literally controls the ants mind, it releases chemicals into its brain, which allows it to control its movement. Sounds science fiction but thats somewhat how it works.

forum.dancehallreggae.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Anyone here ever played dead space.

My thoughts are that if the government or an R&D company attempted to use this fungus as a mind control assistant it could easily be lost control of and turn into a "dead space"esqe epidemic. I don't know that subjects would go on killing rampages but more of an unconscious mob that sought out the best source of nutrients in an area, overuse its resources, completely use all resources, then move on as a group to new areas for resources. Eventually depleting all food sources, minerals, and vital resources to the point of extinction.

Oh, wait, we already do this. Maybe we should be checked for this fungus in our brains.

A couple of question come to mind....
Would the fungus be able to tap into our consciousness and begin to think on its own?
Could this fungus actually explain what consciousness really is?
Maybe this fungus is the reason we seem to think from two places in the brain, the conscious and the subconcious. Maybe subconscious thought is ours and conscious thought is the illusion of thought brought on by the fungus making use of your neural network for its own gain.

If it did exist inside our brain would we be able to locate and remove it? The reason I ask is that if it could access our thinking capabilities would it use them to hide itself from us even if we were looking directly at it. Basically, if its controlling our thoughts by utilizing our neural network, would it allow itself to be found or would it create a realistic illusion and hide behind this illusion.
Could this explain schizophrenia (maybe two or more similar species residing in the same host)?
Could a slight genetic difference between species of this fungus, if present, cause IQ differences.

Food for thought ^^^^^^

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
first thing that came to mind when i read this was that parasite found in cat poo and litter trays. Haven't got any links as it just came back to me but i read several articles years ago and saw a documentary about the parasite. You breath it in or injest it and it makes its way to your brain. Apparently doesn't do much to humans they say but millions have it. In the doco they showed that rats that have it in their brain become fearless of cats and just wonder around more dosile and less fearfull. Becoming easy targets. Crazy but plenty or info on the subject. At the time there was no way of removing it from human brains but they say most cats have it and most cat owners that have litter tray as you breathe it in when you empty them.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

Did you read that exerpt you provided. It clearly states that he "theorized" meaning that he never succeeded. He may have seen it, he may have attempted it, but to truly be considered possible, even plausible, the experiment has to be able to he repeated. As that exerpt says, it has been theorized so no we have not proven that this method can be used to "zombify".
edit on 3-7-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by crikeyoioioi
first thing that came to mind when i read this was that parasite found in cat poo and litter trays. Haven't got any links as it just came back to me but i read several articles years ago and saw a documentary about the parasite. You breath it in or injest it and it makes its way to your brain. Apparently doesn't do much to humans they say but millions have it. In the doco they showed that rats that have it in their brain become fearless of cats and just wonder around more dosile and less fearfull. Becoming easy targets. Crazy but plenty or info on the subject. At the time there was no way of removing it from human brains but they say most cats have it and most cat owners that have litter tray as you breathe it in when you empty them.

according to wiki up to 1/3 of the population have this infection toxoplasmosis which is scary considering the behavour effects it shows in rats, maybe thats why alot of people are so oblivious to whats happening around them lololol

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by crikeyoioioi

I believe it toxigandai plasmodia or something like that. I believe that it only reproduces in the intestine and its "eggs" or cysts travel through the blood to the brain where they lie dormant until death, I think, in humans. The fearless rat thing is almost definitely not true. So it is present in feline feces as eggs that hatch outside of the body, then an animal comes along and eats it or a human picks a food source up off the ground and ingests live parasite which attach to the intestinal wall, reproduction occurs and what eggs are not excepted travel through the blood to the brain where they are deposited and form cysts. The excreted fecal matter of the human is then consumed by other animals where it will do the same thing as in humans. The more cysts a person forms over time the worse the effects get and accumulate over time. Women who are pregnant are warned to avoid feline fetal matter at all costs as the cysts can be far more damaging to a fetus or infant as there brains are smaller.
It is not dangerous to begin with but if left untreated in humans it can rapidly develop into a much worse set of circumstances for the host. This parasite seems to require more than one host for survival and is found most often in cats.

We read about this in my Zoology class in college. Can you tell its been a while since I reviewed it.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

Yes i have played dead space 1 and 2. (i dont watch TV but you will be damned if you can get me off my xbox)

you know dark sarcasm, i honestly think those are some intelligent questions you've asked, unfortunately i can't answer them as accurately because i don't know the answers to, hopefully overtime in this thread and more to come, we will discover the answers to those questions.

But for know, at-least we will try.........

Would they be able to take over our consciousness?

my guess is yes, because thats what they have done to these ants. I have read about these ants and im sure its written in one of the links that i have provided...... it leaves the ants seemingly dazed, confused (as though its seeing everything for the first time maybe.....) this could show that the parasite is in fact seeing through the ants eyes. tapping into its consciousness, the odd thing is that these ants just randomly stray from their colonies in search for a place for the parasitic fungi to grow, and does not rest until it has found the perfect spot.

A very odd question would be, could these fungi have a subconscious that would allow them to be subliminal altered by TPTB, SM (subliminal modification) as we see it done to us?

if so then could not they be manipulated into attacking larger beings.

and they could very well eventually attack us, we have seen it in more simple organisms such as bacteria.

Bacteria adapts to survive, so do all animals on this planet.

So why wouldn't this fungi come after us if given the motive by TPTB, after all we are bit by bit insuring its extinction by cutting down trees and what not. An attack on humanity would be its survival.

Kill the fungi

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowZion

You seem to be assuming that it can already think before it has taken on a host. I highly doubt this. However, once a host unknowingly picks it up, it travels to the brain. Once it reaches the brain it begins to grow and interact with the brain cells ( neurons). One it has taken control of the brain it gains the ability to think. This is when it also begins to learn as whatever knowledge is available it gains access to. Once it can override our ability to think it sets priorities on its survival. The more intelligent the host the more intelligent the fungus. When it accesses an ant, once a location is chosen it no longer needs the host, however, in humans it "chooses" to keep the host alive because of the wide variety of knowledge available. Knowing that eventually it will use all earthly resources it would need to find a way to replace resources, using its access to human logic it decides to find a way to travel to another viable planet.

Basically it definitely doesn't think unless its host can think. If the fungus is still in the ground it can do nothing but use resources to grow. The rest of its life cycle is kind the luck of the draw so to speak.

Like I said, the smarter the host, the smarter the fungus.

Oh and when it comes to government and the TPTB ( which I still don't know what means), they are probably a control mechanism created by the fungus to keep the society at large from hurting its chances of finding and traveling to another viable planet for resources.
Just adding a bit of entertainment value to this theory, you wanted a conspiracy, so I gave you one.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

there must be someway it can think before it has a host, otherwise how would it know its purpose, how would it know to "come alive" when it reaches the internal part of the ant. It must be able to understand its purpose, otherwise i wouldn't speculate. or even to know that this is what it needs to do.

Its almost like saying, you have been in a coma since you were a baby...... and you suddenly wake up and instantly start riding a bike. Without a doubt humans cannot do that, so i dont think an organism that is less intelligent than us could. (hopefully you can see the relation)

but one other thing we have to take into account, is that this creature is surviving for a reason, it wants to live, which means it wants to evolve.

We shall see what happens........

TPTB (the power that be)

I like your conspiracy twist tho

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowZion
reply to post by 12voltz

yeah but we can break away from television, this we would have no control over, we wouldn't acknowledge our consciousness.

I tell you this. If I did not say nothing to my son, he would watch all day long the TV.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Yes but that is because your son is young. his mind is still fresh.
But the older you get the more control you have.

I was one of the now fortunate kids, but back then i wouldn't have considered.

i was never into all the pop stuff, the movies, the music, tv etc.....

i never listened to or watched that stuff, so i watched all my friends who did, i noticed the transformation.

The changing of accents, (in england, makes us all want to be jamaican rappers saying yeah blud), and because i live in dubai, its effects have been shown to me to cross the entire globe. its the same #..... i dont want to turn this into a anti-materialism rant. but TV can take over your minds, but not the same way this can, sure TV can make you stupid but this fungi will make it as though you are a zombie, wandering aimlessly.

what really would spark my mind is if i heard news about the zombie ants cannibalizing each other...!!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowZion

Yes but that is because your son is young. his mind is still fresh.
But the older you get the more control you have.

I was one of the now fortunate kids, but back then i wouldn't have considered.

i was never into all the pop stuff, the movies, the music, tv etc.....

i never listened to or watched that stuff, so i watched all my friends who did, i noticed the transformation.

The changing of accents, (in england, makes us all want to be jamaican rappers saying yeah blud), and because i live in dubai, its effects have been shown to me to cross the entire globe. its the same #..... i dont want to turn this into a anti-materialism rant. but TV can take over your minds, but not the same way this can, sure TV can make you stupid but this fungi will make it as though you are a zombie, wandering aimlessly.

what really would spark my mind is if i heard news about the zombie ants cannibalizing each other...!!

Of course you are right there is no relation between Fungus and TV.
Yet there are some similarities in the symptoms.

When you see a fresh coke on the commercial, my son would want one if he sees it on TV.
Same as the phone he has, its from the commercial. (the young years are your developing years)

Tv projects, human intake, = merging between 2 realities. Human acting like Tv projects(mirror effect)

call it electric fungus

edit on 3-7-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Hell yeahz, star for that one m8, dead on........

and i agree with you completely, however i never had one of those movie stars that i looked up to or wanted to be like how you describe.

It has almost been like i have been watching my life in a third person perspective............... even though i know its not.

All the best to you and your son m8.

so what do you think, could these ants be genetically modified to be able to take humans?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join