It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do your friends and family know you are ATS members?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
My family knows that I am into all these conspiracy theories and they also know that Im on
ATS.

But not my friends!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

I actively promote ATS through word of mouth. My friends and I often have discusions that cover the wide range of ideas and theories that are covered here.

A couple of them are now members, but we don't know each others screen names. That way we have something to talk about when we do see each other.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Everyone close to me knows I'm on ATS - I've tried to get a couple of them to sign up - one might - the rest probably won't

Although the majority of my extended family, aunts, uncles, cousins, thinks I'm off my rocker (not that I care what they think), I was lucky to have my mother, who is only half asleep - she implanted the idea of conspiracy theories in me LONG before I had half a clue what she was talking about. All my life she's been telling me about "man-made diseases", "don't drink the water", and "the system is meant to keep you down"... and a few that are really out there I'd rather not share

I say that she's half asleep because although she's "aware", she's not really open to discussion on any of the topics. She's made up her mind... and thats that.

Answering this question, it got me thinking...
I've always believed we choose our parents, and to me, her implanting of these ideas is some good evidence of that - a bit OT I know, but its something I believe, and one of the things I've pondered a lot is why would I choose her...somehow I never made this connection...
Now I'm thinking I picked her because my path all along was to somehow be involved in these conspiracies, and she definitely helped to get me here.

Thanks for making me think, S&F just for that ♥

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DN38416

I hear ya bud, wow, this has actually affected your family situation? That's crazy, and I have to say it must have been rough trying to put these together. I would also say the same about myself, my two friends know I'm on this website but they think that everything the government says is the complete truth. Little do they know that they are being controlled. Some people that I know don't even care about what is going on in the world. They just look at it like its a piece of rubble.

I just wish humanity would wake up once again and figure out that we're screwing up. I really am not a pessimist in real life but damn, I really can tell humanity is messed up at times. I mean we sometimes treat our fellow animals better compared to our humans. It's pathetic. Maybe one day 50 years from now we will look back and realize what is going on.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

That's great to hear =D. It only takes one individual at a time to make a difference. A lot of my friends and family call me an idealist, however, my take on it is, we have been blessed by both a mind and heart. The heart allows us to be human, whereas the mind governs those actions and pretty much distinguishes between truth and falsehood whenever our heart fails to see it.

Call it fate, destiny, chance, whatever you wish, all I know is that whenever anything predetermined or random happens, it has happened for a reason. Happy fourth of july.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Claudius
My family knows that I am into all these conspiracy theories and they also know that Im on
ATS.

But not my friends!

I hear ya, only like 3 of my friends know I'm on this website and one of them thinks I'm a nut whereas the other one I think had a UFO experience sometime in his life. The other thinks I should just be careful, but damn I'm not gonna lie, it really becomes addicting and a part of your life once you realize there is no going back. Cheers to you and happy fourth of July.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TÖP_BÜZzËR
HAHAHA good thread so i have to jump in on this one. Id have to say a good few of my friends and family know im member of ATS. I use my ps3 and a big arsed t.v to read ATS so when people visit they have no option but to read what am reading. But funny enough theres always a thread that catches somebodys eye and they ask to have a look at it.

TOP-B

Haha no problem dude, that's how humans work, we always need the eye catcher before we can see what's truly going on. That's awesome dude, let everyone know what us ATS members are all about, be proud of being a member of this website, no matter how much crap people will give you, the great thing is, once your mind becomes open, there is never going back.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by notquiteright
I haven't come right out and told anyone I've joined, but my brothers would be down with it. We have been into this stuff since we were kids. I may be new to the site, but not to conspiracy theories. My mother might even be into it, too. Dunno. I haven't bothered to tell my wife. She would either have no interest or be against it.
edit on 3-7-2011 by notquiteright because: additional info

Continue your journey my friend, there's more out there than we will ever know.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

only like 3 of my friends know that I am a member on ATS and they're always raggin on me that I'm a conspiracy theorist

Yeah, some of my friends, the ones that know I'm into these kinds of topics, tease me from time to time as well. It's nothing that ever really bothers me though to be honest, they're just not "into" these topics yet and well, that's up to them really. Hopefully they'll come round to my constant "Hey, you have to see this site, It's got so much information and It's just great!" type of attitude I keep projecting onto them one day but who knows, lol.

We sometimes end up discussing some of the topics here, mainly the political topics, but not as much as I'd like..

My family on the other hand don't tease me that much but they know I'm on here and I'm into these kind of topics as well. The thing I think they really don't like is ever since joining here, I'm by far more prone to continue arguing over things. ATS has greatly tuned my arguing skills to the point where no one wants to argue with me anymore, even when they know they're right.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I am quite open about my membership here.
I also have a son who is a member as well.
My membership is a slight thorn in my husband's
side.He believes ALL conspiracy theorists are
brainwashed and in need of help.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
"My family on the other hand don't tease me that much but they know I'm on here and I'm into these kind of topics as well. The thing I think they really don't like is ever since joining here, I'm by far more prone to continue arguing over things. ATS has greatly tuned my arguing skills to the point where no one wants to argue with me anymore, even when they know they're right.
"

If my mom ever found out I was on this website I think I'd get owned lmao that's awesome though, yeah they have excellent information on this website, and its cool that its all based on the fact that members are contributing to everything.
edit on 3-7-2011 by Unvarnished because: Typo

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
reply to post by DN38416

I hear ya bud, wow, this has actually affected your family situation? That's crazy, and I have to say it must have been rough trying to put these together. I would also say the same about myself, my two friends know I'm on this website but they think that everything the government says is the complete truth. Little do they know that they are being controlled. Some people that I know don't even care about what is going on in the world. They just look at it like its a piece of rubble.

I just wish humanity would wake up once again and figure out that we're screwing up. I really am not a pessimist in real life but damn, I really can tell humanity is messed up at times. I mean we sometimes treat our fellow animals better compared to our humans. It's pathetic. Maybe one day 50 years from now we will look back and realize what is going on.

Yes unfortunatly it has affected my family life, they seriously want nothing to do with me for fear their children might become infected like me or something. The sad part is they won't even look at the evidence or hear me out fully it's almost like they get angry at me for trying to give them information, like i am trying to destroy their normality or something. I am not, and have tried to be subtle with info. theories ect. but i guess when you're paradigm is threatened some people will do anything to keep the illusion alive. But hey the truth makes evryone angry i guess.
Ill always be there for them if the time comes for a shtf scenerio, i guess until then i'll have to wait. Btw Thank You for starting this thread i think it is an important topic.

edit on 06/29/2011 by DN38416 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Yeah my family knows, they don't give me any trouble about it.

In fact I've told my mum some things that I've heard here that actually made her go "hmmm".
While other things I said have made her roll her eyes and go "oh okaaayyy...:@:"

My dad is sort of into this kind of thing too, he's probably a big factor as to why I got into it in the first place.
He had this old copy of a video tape from the early eighties, that was about general conspiracy stuff, the NWO, stuff like that.

My sister ribs me about looking at UFO stuff, but that's about it.

Good thread, S+F.

edit on 3-7-2011 by BoneMosaic because: Smiley error

edit on 3-7-2011 by BoneMosaic because: Holy spelling error batman!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I don't care who knows I'm a member! I was born a free American, I live as a free American, and I will died as a free American, to think and feel as I like no one else can ever take that away from me! Everyone I know knows this and that I am a member here! my wife also lurks here for time to time! You will find no sheep in this household!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
All my family know and generally ask me to forward anything really interesting here to them.. even my pensioner parents ask me if anything new has cropped up here...

My friends also know as do my work colleagues (no one I know has any issues).. and strange as it may sound I feel more restricted on ATS than I do in real life..

The farmers I know around here have had encounters they can not explain.. crop circles are accepted as something strange and unexplainable (albeit accepted some are done by pranksters) and most of the fishermen have similar strange unexplainable tales..

I live in an area that holds the motto "we wunt be druv" or we are not sheep to be driven.. An old notion that we won't be sheep for the establishment to push around.. and that is quite deeply rooted in the communities so it is easy for me to speak about how we are being stuffed by a TPTB as that concept is accepted to be true.

It is also a deeply liberal area, in the real sense of being anti big gov, anti bureaucracy, anti gigantism and to big to fail, and really really anti nosy people, religion and governments which means effigies of just about anyone (from the left to the right) in the political and financial arenas end up on the bonfire around here...

So all in all.. I find myself rather constrained here at times.. but ATS does have some blooming good topics to take away and chew over..

edit on 3/7/11 by thoughtsfull because: spelling

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I've known about ATS for many years, i have mentioned it to a few family and friends but they don't really care or think i'm a bit of a nut sometimes when i talk about 2012 lol

Was just chit chatting one day to my now husband and he loves it..we have had some great conversations on ALL topics.

Love the site keep up the great work even if i don't agree with all of it.

~Peace~

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
No...no one knows. Sorry to say there is just to much nonsense going on in here, it would be like admitting that I was subscribed to the Sun.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
My boyfriend is the only one who knows I am a member here.
My friends are all mainstream preps, they wouldn't understand.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DN38416

No problem, I was just really curious about other members here on ATS, because family and friends play an important role. Don't be hard on yourself that your family is hard on you, in the end, everything happens for a reason, people will see the light one day, sometimes people will eventually realize on their own, and sometimes people will never learn.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BoneMosaic

Thanks a lot dude! Yeah I felt that it was an important topic for us ATS people out here, I just wanna get a perspective on everyone's situation here, its good to know that there are people out there who are dedicated to finding the truth, like I always say, its a philosophy, once it gets you, there is no going back, no matter how hard you try!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join