It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do your friends and family know you are ATS members?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Just curious, only like 3 of my friends know that I am a member on ATS and they're always raggin on me that I'm a conspiracy theorist, but I always argue with them telling that there's so much stuff the government knows and covers up.

To all the members of ATS, my question is, do you your loved ones and people close to you know that you are part of ATS? Also, how many members are on this website? How many of us go unnoticed on the streets trying to figure out what's wrong with the world, a voice to be heard, to be known that we will rise against falsehood.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Only a couple of people know that I am on ats, however I am pretty sure that the majority of my family is aware of my obsession with "conspiracy theories". I am considered to be both the "smart" and "crazy" person in my family. So when they talk about how weird I am...I just gotta remember that.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

Ehh my mom knows but she's the biggest sheep I've ever met infact today I was talking to her about Obama and him raising taxes and asked her how much he raised the tax on her already. Her answer I don't know I don't try to find out stuff that already pisses me off. I face palmed in real life..
edit on 3-7-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Saya13

Haha I hear ya, yeah my dad knows I'm on the website, but I think he thinks I deleted it. Other than that, I really don't want a lot of people knowing I'm on this website, not a lot of people know. That's so cool though, everyone I see around in the world nowadays just pretty much accepts whatever the hell the media tells them and in the end just become as mb said, "sheep." Those are the last animals we would ever want to be on this planet. Humanity would suffer as we know it. Ignorance itself will be rampant

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
1-2 of my friends, my girlfriend and her cousin. My friends ridicule me but their are sheeps, my girlfriend is sorta in to it but doesn't read anything than the newspaper (we're not from the US/UK) and her cousin has ATS as his first page on his browser but never reads anything. Kinda sad IMO

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
My kids think its awesome, my husband indulges me. My brothers are fellow foil hat wearers and I think we are starting to convert my mom...who was a lifelong sheep. Shearing her has been an interesting experience, lol. several friends have confessed to being lurkers on this site.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I tell folks I know who I think may be interested. Otherwise Mum's the word.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
It's nice to get some feedback from everyone, that's awesome, sometimes I guess I'm just too paranoid that I think the government is after my tail that's why hahaa!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

If you were really paranoid you wouldn't be here. I mean think about it, Google crawls this site so much that it may as well park right on top of it. IF they really cared, they'd be all over you in a second. I wouldn't worry though.

As far as your original post, a few of my friends know I'm here. But, they don't know what "here" is.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Nobody I know in real life knows of this website and as far as i know, don't even care about conspiracy theories or anything paranormal. It kind of sucks because I wish I knew someone in RL who I could chat & bullsh*t with about these sort of things.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne
Nobody I know in real life knows of this website and as far as i know, don't even care about conspiracy theories or anything paranormal. It kind of sucks because I wish I knew someone in RL who I could chat & bullsh*t with about these sort of things.

I hear ya bro, there's so much cool stuff on this website its like going on an adventure and trying to figure out the mysteries of the world and what is going on, it is such an underrated website that pretty much goes unnoticed, but who cares, you got the entire ATS community to talk to about interesting stuff.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar

If you were really paranoid you wouldn't be here. I mean think about it, Google crawls this site so much that it may as well park right on top of it. IF they really cared, they'd be all over you in a second. I wouldn't worry though.

As far as your original post, a few of my friends know I'm here. But, they don't know what "here" is.

hahaha that's sweet, you should keep it that way, some of my friends I'm a goofball and a freak but w.e. I don't believe half the crap that comes up on television, but yeah you're right, if they really wanted, they could have gotten me in a split of a second, especially with crazy technology that's already been covered by this website lmao.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I haven't come right out and told anyone I've joined, but my brothers would be down with it. We have been into this stuff since we were kids. I may be new to the site, but not to conspiracy theories. My mother might even be into it, too. Dunno. I haven't bothered to tell my wife. She would either have no interest or be against it.
edit on 3-7-2011 by notquiteright because: additional info

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Well I'm on ATS mainly for political topics, but I'm not the only one on out of my friends who uses this site (I don't know their usernames though). We don't take anything about the end of the world, the illuminati, reptilians, visitng aliens, etc etc, at all seriously. But we do like to discuss what other people are thinking in regards to such conspiracy theories as it makes for interesting conversation.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Yeah a few friends and fam know. As soon as I say something slightly out of the ordinary I get the "oh here goes the conspiracy nut"....but they'll see they'll all see one day when I....iv said too much

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It really is interesting to see how many of people you know in real life know. I know everyone that I know thinks that I'm a cuckoo head for all of these things, but one thing is certain, I will never be a sheep to anyone. I hear ya.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
hell yeah, i try to enlighten everyone i know.
words are spreading

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Sure they know. We are not a criminal organization, being an ATS member is something you can be proud of. Telling everybody that you are a member will work like a filter with the people you know. Just don't tell your nickname.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I only have siblings left in my family, 2 sisters and one brother, all of which know i am into conspiracy stuff ect. I've always spoken my mind on all types of subjects. Which to a person who has only seen msm seems crazy, only one of my sisters will talk to me, or let me see my nieces. The other 2 won't talk to me and won't let me see or talk to my other nieces and nephews, for fear i might tell them something that might go against what they think is the truth. I have been called crazy ect. and lost alot trying to learn the truth, and for a time i thought I was, but then i accepted the fact that we have been lied to about most everything. It has been 6 years since i first started down the rabbit hole, my barber of all people gave me a copy of loose change, not saying it is the gospel on the subject, but it was my start. Since then my world has been turned upside down and inside out, but I still keep trying to learn what I can, and sifting through the madness like most of us here. I'll keep going and see where it all goes i guess. Once you learn something you can't un learn it. Kind of like the matrix when Neo asks Morpheous "I can't go back can I", and he replies "No, but even if you could, would you want to?"

My brother told me once that if he had not had children, he would have gone down the rabbit hole with me, but now that he does, he says that he will do anything to give his kids the same illusions that we were told growing up, and would rather them never know the truth.

ATS has been a great site to come to, many subjects and opinions. Have been a long time lurker but new member, and I would'nt even know where to begin trying to tell someone about the things that are topics here. That i keep to myself

edit on 06/29/2011 by DN38416 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
HAHAHA good thread so i have to jump in on this one. Id have to say a good few of my friends and family know im member of ATS. I use my ps3 and a big arsed t.v to read ATS so when people visit they have no option but to read what am reading. But funny enough theres always a thread that catches somebodys eye and they ask to have a look at it.

TOP-B

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join