It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to get over my ex-girlfriend, anyone have personal stories or experience that can help?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

Nearly 30 years ago. We only had about 6 months together. I was never happier (except for with my wife) I never forgot her. She moved back to Louisiana. We ran into each other a couple of times after that. She had life lessons to learn as did I.

"Woulda, coulda, shoulda's"

Other than my wife that I met a couple of years after her, the ONLY other girl I have ever loved that much. So many things conspired against us. Fate being a big one.

A couple of years ago I was trying to find her again. I wanted to check on her and see how she was. Couldnt find her. I knew she was now married. I also understand that she was very happy.

One night, she came to me in a dream. I immediately got up afterwards and googled her name like i had a hundred times before. I found her obit.

So many things I would have done differently and so many more things I would have said. Well, in the astral, many were done and said. I know that she still loved me and forgave me.

Allyson Hester. May 5, 1971 - April 18, 2009.

Bro, you may not ever "totally" get over her.

Just remember though, you'll see her again in the next life.

I feel ya.

Aint no cure. Just keep goin and you'll find the next "right one". I did. 20 years married and damn happy.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
Mmm, all of the above is pretty good advice but there are only three real ways to make sure you get over her:

1) Lobotomy

or

2) Castration

or

3) Lobotomy and Castration

I guarantee you, after that not only will you be over your ex but you will never have your heart broken again.

One of the greatest posts I've ever read in my life hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaa

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

You get over one by getting on another.

It may not work every time but it certainly doesn't hurt.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Wow... I'm speechless. Sometimes I wish I could do whatever it takes to get her back, but when a girl tells you she doesn't love you anymore, it hurts man, and now I'm beginning to see it, I think I care more for her than she cares for me, which is what she told me in the email. But yeah, thanks a lot, I think I am closer to finding Mrs. Right she's out there somewhere, and I'm just that guy that needs to stop living in the shadow of the one that left me behind and owe to the one that's out there looking for me. God bless.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I would think getting romantically involved with another female would not be the best thing for me right now, I think its time for me to work on myself and try and get my # together, I've noticed, the best thing to do is to just wish them a good health and move on with your life. No looking back.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
reply to post by jude11

I would think getting romantically involved with another female would not be the best thing for me right now, I think its time for me to work on myself and try and get my # together, I've noticed, the best thing to do is to just wish them a good health and move on with your life. No looking back.

Actually, I wasn't referring to getting involved,

Sometimes you just have to
in order to get over the

It doesn't have to be romantic...just, well you know.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

reply to post by jude11

Actually, I wasn't referring to getting involved,

Sometimes you just have to
in order to get over the

It doesn't have to be romantic...just, well you know.

Hahaha I hear ya buddy, thanks a lot for the post much appreciated! =D

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Lots of good replies so far, glad to see people are trying to help. That kind of pain is just about the worst.

Having experienced my share of epic dumps, the best advice I ever heard was to turn the negative energy that comes from the heartbreak in to something positive. Like someone else said, invest time in your hobbies, things that you enjoy. Working out is also a good release, and gives you the added bonus of self improvement and a boost to your confidence. Just keep your head down and keep plugging away, get your M.D., make yourself in to a better person.

Eventually you will run in to this girl again at some random time; always seems to happen. It will be quite gratifying to see the look on her face that says, "WHY did I dump him?" Just live as well as you can, and the rest will fall in to place.
edit on 3-7-2011 by VariableConstant because: typo

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Oh man, unrequited love. Bummer.

Cure: Two parts vodka, one part Pepto Bismol, and a high-class hooker.

Hope that helped.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

easiest way to get over somebody is to get on top of somebody else!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

I'm going to take your advice on this one, the best revenge is to live well and don't look back. Thanks so much dude

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

hahaha, I'll definitely agree, I did have a hook up about 4 month later but then I felt like ass hahaha, but oh well I think I'm better now, just gotta wait for the right time to date again.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

reply to post by AboveTheTrees

Thanks a lot for the post! I really wish I had time for reading, but med school is a pain in the ass ahha

Proctologist in the making, eh? Good for you.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Either you will find love again, or love will find you. Sometimes when you least expect it, someone comes into your life and will make you happy.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Largefries, you're the man, hahaha, no not proctology, maybe looking into neurology but still unsure Happy 4th a July, heres a beer to you my friend.

I read your post on this other kids website who was also going through it and I really admire the limiting yourself the coconut, you'll never taste the mango juice, that was right on hahaha

edit on 3-7-2011 by Unvarnished because: typo

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I've never experienced any heartache so maybe you shoudn't take my advice. But what I do when I get really down about something I try to remember that it may hurt now but it's a new opportunity and something to be thankfull off. Furthermore I would remind myself that it's also nice to be single and 'unbound' and I would enjoy my time alone and be thankfull for it. Good luck!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Time heals most wounds.

However you need to work on yourself. Go out and have fun.
Start a hobby. Take up running. Join a club.
Just do something.

You'll see that you will get over her.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Do something creative with your angst.

Paint
Sculpt
Make Music
Draw
Write it all out

Just think of the extra time you will have now to read all the interesting/crappy threads on ATS!

It WILL get easier over time and you WILL get on with life and it WILL be better than what you are going through now.

Have a Safe and Happy 4th my friend. If you are really bummed out, you can come over tomorrow and BBQ and swim in the pool. I have frozen margaritas.....

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think time does heal the heart.

Sounds like you are very busy studying,as you should be. Maybe this was just a wake up call to put your heart and soul into your studies for this time of your life.

Someone will come along at the appropriate time, and you will be able to give them much more quality time, and build a good relationship. You will probably meet someone in the field of medicine , who understands and shares with you on a level you both can appreciate. Best of luck to you in the future, finding lasting love.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Can anyone tell me how they have recovered from a break up? My gf dumped me around 6 months ago and I still sometimes think about her, although I have dated other chicks, time has definitely been my friend but I would like to know opinions on how everyone else got through this? Thanks a lot and much appreciated!

Creating New Memories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join