It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread Removed(Thought-Police) : Guy Claiming to be Government Area 51 Insider.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by granpabobby

Yes Because his disclosure was Huge IMO and it sorta proves something weird is going on since it got 404'ed and not moved to SkunkWorks.

Smells Fishy; Or maybe i just need to loosen my Tin-Foil hat a bit.

Still i really would have loved to discuss the Point the OP made I was extremely intrigued by his post and claims.

edit on 3-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

If you do not know anyone that has their life run by NDA's and clearances, then you may not see how improbable it is for someone to blanket post information the way that OP did. But I can assure you, it was absurd. And it fits in more with a troll than it does any kind of 'disclosure'.

In fact, it fits in with, "I'm a Scientist" more than it does with some outcast black ops member.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

It just happens far too often that I see a post and later it is removed for being "off topic", when I know for a fact that it wasn't off topic.

What about the "off topic" and "manners & decorum" posts I never saw? For all I know someone had undeniable proof of aliens or something like that and it got removed, makes the site lose credibility. A lot of sites archive deleted posts in a sub-forum but nooooo, not ATS. Can't have ATS members reading what certain people have to say can we now?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Whats wrong with making such claims though. This is supposed to be a conspiracy Site after all.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

Originally posted by IPILYA
The mods should have moved it to skunk works not deleted IMO.

The fact that mods are so liberal with removing posts and deleting threads here makes this whole site lose credibility IMO.

That was a classic troll. Are you new? Even if you just now parachuted in from Jupiter you should been able to see where that one was going.

Excuse me; that sounds harsh. I just don't think it's to the benefit of ATS in general to countenance obvious trolls. Let them go. They're like buses: There'll be another one along in a few minutes....

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Yes that would be good if deleted Threads could be archived and you could still discuss them in a separate forum

New Name:

No-whereTopSecret Forum (Where all deleted Threads Go)

Then They should have a different data-base showing all deleted and/or removed posts that would be great

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
If someone really did come from a secret government program and they wanted to "enlighten" the world of ATS, I assume they would do it slowly by pointing people in the right direction.

Anyone smart enough to have top secret (or beyond) clearance, knows that a simple posting of claims on a conspiracy site is about useful as a freezer on an icebreaker....

There are a few posters that have posted info so strong, that I have suspected they have some pretty deep networks in the real world. The poster of the thread you are referring to was not one of them.

I have a pretty active imagination..Try this on for size .
Suspose in some obscure three letter agency there is a group of entery level pleebes that do nothing but moniter web sites such as ATS ..for rouge employees that go off the reservation and attempt to alert the people !
Got one in sector 6.alert the boss ..Quick..yeah I can see it all now.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Suspose in some obscure three letter agency there is a group of entery level pleebes that do nothing but moniter web sites such as ATS ..for rouge employees that go off the reservation and attempt to alert the people ! Got one in sector 6.alert the boss ..Quick..yeah I can see it all now.

Got one in sector 6 alert the boss(Thought-Police)

*Puts Tin-Foil Hat On*

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by Nosred

Yes that would be good if deleted Threads could be archived and you could still discuss them in a separate forum

No that's not what I meant, archived as in you can't post in them but you can still read them, just to see what they said at least and why it got deleted, at least then mods couldn't pull crap like deleting stuff because they don't agree with it.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Yes you're right in my updated post i also agreed with having a data-base for deleted and/or removed posts. That would be great fun to sift through.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

Originally posted by IPILYA
The mods should have moved it to skunk works not deleted IMO.

The fact that mods are so liberal with removing posts and deleting threads here makes this whole site lose credibility IMO.

That was a classic troll. Are you new? Even if you just now parachuted in from Jupiter you should been able to see where that one was going.

Excuse me; that sounds harsh. I just don't think it's to the benefit of ATS in general to countenance obvious trolls. Let them go. They're like buses: There'll be another one along in a few minutes....

Careful, don't say the 'T' word. I'm in an argument with a mod right now because he's been removing entire posts in one thread just because they had the word "troll" in them.

Edit: And they weren't my posts either, I'm sticking up for other members. The posts in question did actually contribute to the thread and I find it ridiculous they were deleted entirely because of one word.

And I've been a member longer than you.
edit on 3-7-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

I have no problem with people writing-off my posts in this thread. If you really want to know just keep your eyes open. Every now and then a poster will post something that is considered inside information, or at least, takes a whole lot of digging to realize it is backed by something.

If people post information a few weeks early, pay attention. Little things, just keep your eyes out. I like searching back to posts from 2003-2009, going over them, then checking with what happened following. A bit of a hobby...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Like the guy who predicted or (Knew) about the Mumbai Bombing = (COINTELPRO) To garner More visitors For the purported Government Conspiracy Website(ATS)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Suspose in some obscure three letter agency there is a group of entery level pleebes that do nothing but moniter web sites such as ATS ..for rouge employees that go off the reservation and attempt to alert the people ! Got one in sector 6.alert the boss ..Quick..yeah I can see it all now.

Got one in sector 6 alert the boss(Thought-Police) *Puts Tin-Foil Hat On*

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by TheUniverse

I have no problem with people writing-off my posts in this thread. If you really want to know just keep your eyes open. Every now and then a poster will post something that is considered inside information, or at least, takes a whole lot of digging to realize it is backed by something.

If people post information a few weeks early, pay attention. Little things, just keep your eyes out. I like searching back to posts from 2003-2009, going over them, then checking with what happened following. A bit of a hobby...
I kind of like to Quote boncho I think the problem uas the OP used the introduction Forum ..
Troll or not.I think that is what happened .it seems we have had several tonight wanting to circle around the 20 post..make ONE post then leave never to return..at least useing the same profile

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I think I shall Google ..How to make a tinfoil hat...Make one like a Roman helmitt and wear it on occasions like whats been going on tonite..
Will call it my RANT hat .!

Good nite Mrs Callabash..Where ever you are !! Jimmy Duranti
edit on 3-7-2011 by granpabobby because: add to content

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

I have the thread (Guy Claiming to be government Area 51 Insider)saved on file as a google chrome file

I did this as a pre-caution because i realised the ATS Thought-Police Purportedly (CointelPro) Would probably remove the Thread. It was a big disclosure

I don't think i can post a screen shot of it here though. Or it would probably get removed or 404'ed Or Removed as Off-Topic etc

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Careful, don't say the 'T' word. I'm in an argument with a mod right now because he's been removing entire posts in one thread just because they had the word "troll" in them.

Edit: And they weren't my posts either, I'm sticking up for other members. The posts in question did actually contribute to the thread and I find it ridiculous they were deleted entirely because of one word.

And I've been a member longer than you.

Yes, I saw that you've been a member longer. When I was in school, when someone said something that seemed... IDK... naive, you would rib them with: "Are you new?" I guess it was just a poor choice of words.

But what I want to ask you is this: Are they removing the posts because they're calling someone posting in that thread a troll? Or just for the fact of using the word? I mean, that seems obtuse and unusually... idiosyncratic.

In any case, I am starting to agree with the idea of removing threads to an area where they can at least be read, instead of sending them to the bitbucket. Perhaps we should lobby for that. Seems like it would be a fair thing....

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
You know that awesome new search function? It is so awesome you cant even search for members on it. I have to sift threw so many results just to find a post for the person I am looking for, and half the time I don't. In example the author of the thread.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

In any case, I am starting to agree with the idea of removing threads to an area where they can at least be read, instead of sending them to the bitbucket. Perhaps we should lobby for that. Seems like it would be a fair thing....

Agreed so we can then call the area where they get removed to

Forum Title: Either the
UnknownTopSecret Forum Or the No-whereTopSecret Forum

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

I think if you go to Tools Tab Then You will see a Tab right below the Main Tab that has Members there Then Scroll to the bottom of the members page and there is a search member Feature.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I kind of like to Quote boncho I think the problem uas the OP used the introduction Forum .. Troll or not.I think that is what happened .it seems we have had several tonight wanting to circle around the 20 post..make ONE post then leave never to return..at least useing the same profile

Could very well be but may have been a more sinister or scary reason for removing the thread.

The Thought-Police Removed it after many people had sparked interest and started to reply; That is for certain.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join