It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entrance to Underground Antarctic Base? ( Nazi Base)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
In 1947 the US Navy under Admiral Byrd conducted Operation High Jump. The expedition to Antarctica involved 4000 naval personnel and 13 huge ships, including several large airplanes and helicopters. The goal was to map and catalog all of the coastline of the continent, including minerals and wildlife. The entire expedition was to last 6 months.

The results of the mission are still classified, after 60 years. Only Admiral Byrd, who was interviewed by a Chilean journalist on his trip home from the expedition, commented on the sudden return home. He stated that there was a danger which this expedition had encountered that posed a threat to every nation in the free world. He declined to elaborate on this.

Conspiracy theorists recall the rumor, following WWII, of Nazi bases that were established in Antarctica...In 1937, the Germans began their focused expeditions to the South pole with carrier ships . Five years later, operations were put into action by the Kriegs Marine in order to covertly transfer people, supplies, submarines, and ships to a new underground government base in New Swabia. This underground base became the secret headquarters of the "last bastion of the Third Reich". The base was subsequently named "New Berlin".

Professor Giuseppe Belluzzo, an Italian scientist and a former Italian Minister of National Economy under the Mussolini regime, it claimed that "types of flying discs were designed and studied in Germany and Italy as early as 1942". Belluzzo also expressed the opinion that "some great power is launching discs to study them

there is much more about this .........

ancientstuff.maxforum.org...[/img]

Entrance to Underground Antarctic Base? The entrance appears to be about 180 feet wide by 230 feet high. Outside there are some straight surfaces which appear man made. not sure whether or not this is a base, but it does look un-natural and somehow maintained free of ice.

check out 2 pics for now ( 2 links )

edit on 2-7-2011 by torontoguy123 because: forget something

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by torontoguy123

A bit far fetched but it is still plausible, who knows whats down that hole but hosting a base in Antartica would be a pretty difficult operation.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
not so difficult operation. please..do your Research...

thanks

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1128c104f2fe.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by torontoguy123

These are very interesting photos. Something to look into in more detail later, but something jumps out at me on both at first glance. They are both roughly the same shape, and both have the very clear man-made cleft cut into the ice...or one HECK of a temperature difference venting vertically. The latter seems unlikely to naturally create such a clean vertical edge where the snow/ice abruptly ends.

Either these were taken right after someone explored these or someone else has long before. I understand it's like the moon down there in that changes made tend to stay that way for insanely long periods of time with no natural erosion in most cases. Odd place that is all the way around...Perhaps it would even be better if we all just left that place alone until we were a bit more mature as a race to explore that last 'untouched' place on our little rock here.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Lava tube.

Has been covered many times before.

Of course, I would like to see it in person...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

We need to send someone there to take pictures of this.

I want to see what this thing really is.

We will never know until we get someone to go there and explore it.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Here is a "must read" thread concerning this topic.
Just like this related topic.

The Nazi UFO Phenomena is the (ignored) smoking gun in Ufology!
edit on 3-7-2011 by Regenstorm because: forgotten to post link

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This has been completely debunked. Here's a link to a pdf file that goes into great detail about every aspect of this theory. Worth reading if you consider this anymore than a myth.

Enjoy

www.histarmar.com.ar...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

May 06, 1941, New York Times

NAZI BASE REPORTED IN ANTARCTIC AREA; Repair Shop at Deception Bay, 500 Miles From South America, Is Blown Up BYRD MAKES DISCLOSURE Admiral at Boston Greets Ship Returning With Members of United States Expedition BOSTON, May 5 -- The establishment of a German naval repair shop at Deception Bay, only 500 miles from South America, was revealed today as the motorship North Star docked at the army base with thirty-six scientists and explorers home from Little America.

select.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Wonderful newspaper article but I fail to see what this has to do with the original post. It's no secret that the Nazi's were poking around in the Antarctic but the conspiracy theory that they built a new government their to survive the ending of the war is a complete fallicy, Also they never flew ufo's out of there and it never was a huge military operation on the scale the theory's claim it to be.

Here is the "story" that the conspiracy people hold too which my other post proves false.

www.beyondweird.com...

I did enjoy your little newspaper clipping though

edit on 3-7-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I know exactly what you are talking about. I watched some show about it not too long ago. The grand children and children of this admiral all grew up hearing the story. After they passed They found a journal detailing the story. The admiral had talked about flying an aircraft inside. When he entered it he encountered a large underground city with intelligent extra-terrestrial life. They spook to him with there mind sending him mental pictures as well. He then when to say that The elder ( one in cammand) warned him and his military to leave their home. And not to tell anyone about this. Because if action was taken to investigate it further there would be a war waged against the humans and it would be one that they could not win. As a show of there power the pilot of the aircraft and its crew were killed by an unseen force leaving the admiral alive so No one would come looking for them and find this underground extra terrestrial city. The plane was wooshed away out of the hole by yet another unseen force and rested out side of the hole. The admiral then radioed for assistance telling no one what had happened just that there had been an accident. A plane was was then dispatched to his location. When he got back he spoke to no one about the incident.

The show was on like the science channel or discovery or nato geo or something. Sounds to me like everyone on the board got it wrong.

top topics

join