It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Madrid Fault and interesting research in the similar events of 1811 to 2011 preceeding the major

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I checked the antipodal map, they actually have one on google. The coordinates on the exact same position on the opposite site of Earth from the New Madrid fault is in the middle of the ocean just northeast of the African Plate and the Australian Plate meet, north of Antartica. And I highly doubt, if anything happened there, it was recorded in 1811, so that is at this point no good.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sdebunker

ye i am wondering myself bout the linited time on the timeline there. Didnt sit right with me, being fractal, finite donest come tmind.
It would be nice to see his theories tested out on other levels than human civilization, as if they are true they must govern the entire universev. His same wave should be able to preditc things happening in our solar system, univereses, galaxies, etc. Fir the wave to be valid, it should be valid to no mattern what it is allpile d to.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Hey thanks for fixing the links! Great stuff btw. I Think your ideas are actually closer to reality than fiction! I hope i didn't come off sounding like a debunker or even worse a troll, I just wanted to say that in 93 there were some rumors about EQ's and flooding that scared a lot of folks. The sand spouts that happen regularly are sometimes considered a warning sign for EQ activity. They are actually pretty cool if you get to see one, its like a geyser made of sandy wet goo that spews as much at 20 feet in the air.
After reading all your info, it seems that you may be onto something that could become a SOMETHING! Keep up the good work.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Very interesting

Found this article on the effects of the barycenter shift

www.suite101.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
Hey thanks for fixing the links! Great stuff btw. I Think your ideas are actually closer to reality than fiction! I hope i didn't come off sounding like a debunker or even worse a troll, I just wanted to say that in 93 there were some rumors about EQ's and flooding that scared a lot of folks. The sand spouts that happen regularly are sometimes considered a warning sign for EQ activity. They are actually pretty cool if you get to see one, its like a geyser made of sandy wet goo that spews as much at 20 feet in the air.
After reading all your info, it seems that you may be onto something that could become a SOMETHING! Keep up the good work.

Didnt take it that way at all. I appreciate you letting me know because I wasnt aware the links didnt work, so you helped me. Actually makes kinda of sense with the sand. It gets saturated and becomes even heavier and dense, so it has to be released somehow. I am curious, before any kind of quake or sand geyser, do you notice anything else at all? Earthquake lights? Cloud holes? Funny smells? Anything like that?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo3

Very interesting

Found this article on the effects of the barycenter shift

www.suite101.com...

Good read. Thanks

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Hey, nice research! I think you could be on to something. I like that you are taking into account the different factors (climate, astronomical) that many academians would dismiss.
My first consideration regarding the volume of flood waters stressing the fault would be to point out that the floods of 1994 were (as I recall) heavier than current flooding. But when you threw in the addtional factors, the patterns do begin to emerge.
Oh, and waybehind, I'm not trying to be hateful but understand that: The Missouri river dumps into the Mississippi in St. Charles County Mo. The Missouri River crosses the state West to East while the Mississippi makes up the entire Eastern border (the river runs North to South). -sorry, I'm a MO native and thought you should understand that just because the Missouri is flooding now, all that means is that the 'Miss will rise once those floodwaters reach her.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
this means nothing just coincidence theres no higher bein trying to force things on a path...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
We've seen videos of sink holes in the earth and water.

We know that large booms and continuous rumbling sounds may be due to the burning of coal under ground.

Do you think that these things also might cause earthquakes?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ren1999
We've seen videos of sink holes in the earth and water.

We know that large booms and continuous rumbling sounds may be due to the burning of coal under ground.

Do you think that these things also might cause earthquakes?

Could. So could building underground tunnels, fracking, drilling for oil (for all we know, the oil is there for lubrication, just like in a car engine, the more we take out, the more frequent and stronger the earthquake). But keep in mind, as we question individual topics like earthquakes, comets, etc. Keep in mind the thread isnt to predict an earthquake or any affect a comet may have on the Earth. But a possible pattern with the similarities of 1811 and 2011 that could be starting a new cycle. In which we really wouldnt know for sure for another 2 or 3 months now.

But we can discuss individual topics as well as understanding the individual pieces helps to mold the whole picture.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by truther2011
this means nothing just coincidence theres no higher bein trying to force things on a path...

A path is personally chosen, and the decision you make can have many different outcomes. I dont think anyone has mentioned anything about a higher being trying to force anything.

For example, your birthday comes once a year. Is that a repeated cycle or a coincidence and means nothing?
There is high tide and low tide, is that a cycle or a coincidence that means nothing?
12 months in a year? birds fly south for the winter? The water cycle? etc etc. Even our own lives is a cycle. We are born, live, then we die. Even that is a cycle, the cycle of life and if that is just a coincidence and means nothing, then why are we instinctively always searching for what is the meaning of life and why are we here?

So I assume you believe everything is random?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I dont know if the map will be blown up, but all you have to do is click on the map and it will enlarge. Its a NASA
website. There were 2 solar eclipses in the year 1811, October 29th and May 5th. The only
thing I can find for this date in 2011 is on Oct 29th is when comet Elenin will reach its
northern declination on the 29th and we will be entering the comets tail debris on Oct 29th
(if there is a comet and the forecasted dates hold true per JPL). Could there be so much
debris it looks like some kind of eclipse? Thats pure speculation and just thinking out
loud. Could not find any lunar or solar eclipses recorded that corresponded with 1811 and
2011 for that date, except for the October dates keep showing up. And there isnt another
partial solar eclipse this year until Nov 25th. So thats a bust.

But somewhat oddly, at least to me, there was also an annular eclipse on May 5th, 1811, by same map listed
below. And in 2011, May 5th there was an earthquake of 6.1 in Japan, which turns out to be
the same year of the strongest quake Japan has ever seen in recorded history of a 9.0 on
March 11, 2011 (in which the great comet of 1811 was discovered in March). Consequently,
1811 had the strongest quake for the CONUS at the New Madrid fault in 1811. Both of nearly
the same magnitude of 9.0. (Depending on which article you read, it varies from 7.5-9.2) Path of the may 5th eclipse in 1811 passed over New Zealand (Christchurch quakes in 2011?).

Just as a personal side note is all as interesting to me anyway, as a statistical person. The initial quake of 1811 was at approx 2:15-2:30am and the Japan 9.0 was approx 2:30-2:46pm time frame local time and the New Zealand quake on June 13th, 2011 was at approx 2:20-2:30pm local time and the Japan quake happened on a Friday and the Feb 7th, 1812 quake happened on a Friday. The New Zealand quake of June 13, 2011 happened on a Monday and the Dec 16th, 1811 big quake happened on a Monday. Not saying that means anything, just thought it was interesting on a personal note.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

4) Europe has just come off possibly the coldest winter in its history, same article above quoted the cooling of Europe in 1811, due to the suns activity. We are still in facts.

I didnt read the whole tread yet(I Will) But I am pretty sure that Europe just had the mildest winter on record. I know december was a lot cooler than average but the rest of the winter was extremely mild. I know Switzerland just had the mildest winter ever on record and the less snowfall ever.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I didnt even know about this asteroid with everything else going on.

2009 TM8
Oct 17th, 2011
Distance from Earth ,0036 AU (About 335,000 miles)

JPL link

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Review of winter 2010 in Europe

The winter of 2010 in Europe was much colder than expected. In many places seasonal temperatures dropped to the values not seen in decades. This cold winter was associated with an exceptionally strong negative phase of the North Atlantic Oscillation. The roles of solar activity, quasi-biennial oscillation of the stratospheric winds and other factors are discussed. Interestingly, temperatures in the European Arctic Seas were well above normal; however, they cannot be explained simply by the negative phase of the Arctic Oscillation, as in the NSIDC report. The unusual behavior of the climate system in the winter of 2010 raises a question about a possibility of a climate regime shift.

Discussion

Unlike the forecast for North America, the forecast for Europe was incorrect. The mean winter (DJF) temperatures were expected to be close to the 1971-2000 average over much of Europe, but they turned out to be much colder (Fig. 1). Preliminary data shows that winter (DJF) temperature in Stockholm was the coldest since 1996, in Berlin since 1987, and in London since 1985. Provisional figures from the Met Office show that the mean UK temperature was the lowest since 1979. Warmer than normal temperatures were observed only in southeastern Europe.

The primary reason for the cold winter in Europe is unusually strong high-latitude blocking of the westerly flow in the atmosphere and, as a result, an extremely negative phase of the Arctic Oscillation (AO) and the North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO). Figure 2 shows the time series of the winter (DJF) NAO index for the period 1824-2010. The time series was constructed using the data from the CPC since 1951, and prior to that from CRU. The CRU index was adjusted so that its mean and standard deviation correspond to those of the CPC index for the overlapping period 1951-2008. As seen in Fig. 2, in the winter of 2010 the value of the NAO index was the lowest on record.

What caused the unusual high-latitude blocking and a sharp decline in the AO/NAO indices? One factor that may have played a crucial role is solar activity, which was very low for a long period of time, delaying the beginning of the 24th solar cycle. This prolonged state of low solar activity better matches the 11-yr solar cycles in the late 19th – early 20th centuries, when the climate of the Northern Hemisphere was cold, than solar cycles in the more recent period.

When solar activity is low, there is a tendency for high-latitude blocking of the westerly winds. More specifically, for the period 1948-2010, when sunspot numbers were below 25, in 14 out of 18 of such winters (78%) the Greenland blocking (GB) index (defined as in Zhifang and Wallace, 1993) was positive. The GB index, in turn, is strongly correlated with the NAO index (r = -0.81 for the same period). In the winter of 2010, the GB index was record high, with the value three times greater than the standard deviation.

You can read the rest of the story and more sources at:
Link

Winter of 2010–2011 in Europe

The winter of 2010-2011 in Europe began with an unusually cold November caused by a cold weather cycle that started in southern Scandinavia and subsequently moved south and west over both Belgium and the Netherlands on 25 November and into the west of Scotland and North East England on 26 November. This was due to a low pressure zone in the Baltics, with a high pressure over Greenland on 24 November.[1]

From 22 November 2010, cold conditions arrived in the United Kingdom, as a cold northerly wind developed and snow began to fall in northern and eastern parts, causing disruption. The winter arrived particularly early for the European climate, with temperatures dropping significantly lower than previous lows for the month of November. On 28 November, Wales recorded their lowest-ever November temperature of −17.3 °C (0.9 °F) in Llysdinam, and Northern Ireland recorded their lowest ever November temperature of −9.5 °C (14.9 °F) in Lough Fea. The UK Met Office issued severe-weather warnings for heavy snow for eastern Scotland and the north-east of England.[2]

From January, the temperatures were more normal.

Link

So, Europe actually came off the last 2 unusually harsh winters. Last years things moderated by January but also started early. In early November, when technically, its not even officially winter yet. The extremes seem to becoming even harsher when they do happen. But is it a pattern emerging just like things in 1811? And beginning again now in 2011? Only time will tell

edit on 4-7-2011 by sdebunker because: typos

edit on 4-7-2011 by sdebunker because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2011 by sdebunker because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2011 by sdebunker because: cleaned up text arrangements

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Just for the volume of work, and your mostly justifiable impressions, F&S!
I'll admit just getting through this OP the first time took some cerebral leaning on it.
Now to go back and read it a couple more times.. this is expansive and more
detailed than most anything else I've read here, but appears well worth it.
And YES, I agree a poster shouldn't be judged by his or her moniker. Thanks S

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm concerned about July 11th and October 11th.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ren1999
I'm concerned about July 11th and October 11th.

And those concerns may very well be justified, only time will tell. If you wish to elaborate why, your more than welcome. The more the information, the better. If its just a gut instinct, I can relate to that too, and that is fine. I am also a believer in human intution as well.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

now I'm going to step on your toes. Rain doesn't cause mudslides. Lack of rain causes them. The effect of rain on parched ground equates to the possibility of mudslides. Drought being the cause.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

The Mississippi valley is awash with sinkholes. Counties can't keep up with the maintenance.
I'm not saying they are 20 feet deep, but only a few feet deep. Depth doesn't matter in an area that has already been identified as a liquefaction hazard.
Casual conversation with people from those areas confirms the never ending work on these sites.

I have been expecting the Madrid fault to give this year after viewing the flooding.
A gallon of water weighs roughly 8lbs. Millions of gallons are spread out along the Mississippi even before the Missouri River flooding and dumping the Mississippi with more. We have only seen the start of this disaster. Melting of the snow in Montana will tip the equation from a State emergency to a National Emergency.

I'm not posting links because I expect readers to be aware of current events.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join