It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't care what the MSM reports...US Eq's are getting bigger. Period!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
You can quote and reference whatever you want. You can try to debunk and attempt to disqualify whatever you decide to. But the fact remains...the EQ activity along the West Coast of N. America is increasing not only in frequency but intensity.

This is today. Is this normal? No. Do you want to say it is? Prove it with sources and facts.
quakes.globalincidentmap.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8711da744dcd.png[/atsimg]

I don't have the time to go into all the past info and references so if you want to, go ahead. It has been done time and time again.

This is just a small thread to show (with a small pic) what I believe is coming. If you are an ATS member in long time standing, you will have seen many threads about the coming 'Big one' coming to the US.

I have posted many threads on the subject and have always been met with the same response: "It will never happen. We are Californians...we will survive! And on and on and on.

Well, it will happen. I am so tired of posting facts, references and papers that I have come to the point of not caring if any one believes it or not.

But, I do. And this is why i am writing this. It is going to happen. If you are so arrogant as to believe that it won't, please don't try to convince others of your misconceptions. Let them come to their own conclusions and decide if they should believe what you are saying or if they should search for the facts themselves.

Let them prepare for emergencies. Who are you to tell these people, families, friends and neighbors to not worry and not bother to prepare for a catastrophic event?

What if you are wrong? Is that ok in your mind? Are you ok with people suffering, struggling and dieing if something does happen?

How many times must facts, references and sources be posted before it's enough to at least be a possibility? How close must we get to a catastrophe before people start supporting others in their preparation of the event instead of ridiculing those that take it seriously in order to protect their loved ones??

As I have stated before, "If I'm wrong, no harm done...But if you're wrong...what then?"

Thanks for reading.

Jude11

edit on 2-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Why would you want us to post facts as you know we already have and you just stated you won't believe them anyways?

Everytime this comes up some of us totally disprove it then you make yet another post saying you don't care how many references or how much data we give you, your not gonna believe it then at the end of your post you ask us to do it anyways.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Why would you want us to post facts as you know we already have and you just stated you won't believe them anyways?

Everytime this comes up some of us totally disprove it then you make yet another post saying you don't care how many references or how much data we give you, your not gonna believe it then at the end of your post you ask us to do it anyways.

Well, I guess this might be moved to 'Rant' but having taken a scr print, I just had to post an observation...not opinion. The Eq's are getting bigger and are more frequent. I have been trying to tell people down there (I'm in Canada) to prepare.

BTW, the scr print is not just a momentary glimpse. I watch EQ's everyday and have done so for 2 yrs now so I believe I have at least a small amount of credibility.

I get your post but please get mine. If it is fact and if I'm right, it will help. And as mentioned, if wrong...no harm done.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It looks like the size of the circles may be misleading. I think they're looking a little large, especially when compared to the typically seen squares of the USGS. Unless you see the heliograph or seismogram, or feel the actual earthquake, it's hard to really say they're getting stronger. I think they could be, but at the same time I'd have to examine the evidence and/or be there to know for sure.

On a side note, I got to experience a small 2.3 last week. They're not really common here and it only lasted about a second, but it was quite exciting.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Sorry to sound stupid, but can you tell me what the different colours mean. There is no legend and I don't know what the difference is between red, yellow and orange.

thanks

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by minettejo
Sorry to sound stupid, but can you tell me what the different colours mean. There is no legend and I don't know what the difference is between red, yellow and orange.

thanks

My apologies,

Red: Now and within approx. 1 hour

Orange: Approx. 2-12 hrs

Yellow: up to 36 hours.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar
reply to post by jude11

It looks like the size of the circles may be misleading. I think they're looking a little large, especially when compared to the typically seen squares of the USGS. Unless you see the heliograph or seismogram, or feel the actual earthquake, it's hard to really say they're getting stronger. I think they could be, but at the same time I'd have to examine the evidence and/or be there to know for sure.

On a side note, I got to experience a small 2.3 last week. They're not really common here and it only lasted about a second, but it was quite exciting.

I agree that the circles may be different in scope than other sites but they are always constant so it is always a solid reference. Backed up and fed from USGS.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Well here's the frequency of earthquakes within a 1000km (1600m) radius of central Californaia with a minimum of magnitude of 2.0.

2000: 62

2001: 79

2002: 52

2003: 59

2004: 71

2005: 71

2006: 81

2007: 95

2008: 68

2009: 43

2010: 37

2011: 17

Rough estimate for the rest of 2011 - 34 (doubled the above figure)

Average of frequency between 2000 and 2011= 65

These figures don't seem to suggest an increase...

Links don't seem to be working for me today.

edit on 3/7/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Well here's the frequency of earthquakes within a 1000km (1600m) radius of central Californaia with a minimum of magnitude of 2.0.

2000: 62

2001: 79

2002: 52

2003: 59

2004: 71

2005: 71

2006: 81

2007: 95

2008: 68

2009: 43

2010: 37

2011: 17

Rough estimate for the rest of 2011 - 34 (doubled the above figure)

Average of frequency between 2000 and 2011= 65

These figures don't seem to suggest an increase...

Links don't seem to be working for me today.

edit on 3/7/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry but are you saying that there has only been 17 quakes of 2.0 or higher in 2011?

Maybe I'm not reading this correctly.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Dude, you are a little off

15.Each year the southern California area has about 10,000 earthquakes. Most of them are so small that they are not felt. Only several hundred are greater than magnitude 3.0, and only about 15-20 are greater than magnitude 4.0. If there is a large earthquake, however, the aftershock sequence will produce many more earthquakes of all magnitudes for many months.

100's over 3.0, so likely 1000's over 2.0 - would love a link to your source on that one

Earth Quake Facts

edit on 3-7-2011 by minettejo because: clarification

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

There's been approx a dozen of magnitude 2 and over EQs in the last week on the California-Nevada map area.
Source here

This map use to show 200 EQs for last seven days once, these days it shows over 800
Highest I've seen it was a few days ago at 922 for a 7 day period.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well it's a radius of only 1000km.

Perhaps it's not a large enough area.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

reply to post by jude11

While I agree with you Chad that it's not an increase, it would seem that there would have to be more then 17 ^2.0 since Jan 1st. Puterman, give us some stats! ;p

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

reply to post by jude11

I do appreciate your input but it is extremely inaccurate,

The 2.0 EQ's are very common in CAL and to spread to 1ooo km is in the 100's if not more.

I am referring to the last 2 weeks whereas the mags are increasing in size and numbers not only in CAL, but the entire coastline.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Here is some good earthquake data, only show 5.0 and higher though en.wikipedia.org...

and all earthquakes mags earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
415 California earthquakes since June 26th
um, thats alot of eathquakes in 1 week

(earthquake.usgs.gov...

79 of those (I manually counted them, so my count could be off by one or 2 due to interuptions) mag 2.0 or greater just in the past week

6 of them mag 3 or higher

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 3-7-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I do in my opinion feel that sometime this year we will most likely see a large quake on the west coast. If you look at all the quakes around the "ring of fire" you will see a pattern. We started off in Haiti and then Chile south America and went on to NZ, then Japan and not so long ago we had the 7.2 in Alaska. So if you look at the pattern, the west coast is the only place left for a 7+ quake.

So yes in my opinion i would agree that we could quite possibly see the big one on the west coast very soon.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
If you would like some reliable information that gives a global overview of ALL seismic activity over a substantial period of time, I would strongly recommend you grab the following software that I was recently made aware of -

Seismic Eruption Software - Just Download and Install then follow below instructions.

"If you download and install the program,run the update in "options" you will ..." be able to get the latest earthquake data added into the software. P.S. For those on a limited or small download bandwidth, the file is approx. 16Megabytes in size.

This information was brought to my attention courtesy of : post by IamJustanAmerican

edit on 3-7-2011 by JaxCavalera because: afterthoughts

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

www.thisisdevon.co.uk...

After studying data sent by satellites over the Pacific Ocean, NASA scientists at the Goddard Space Flight Centre in Maryland have discovered that there was a sudden and dramatic pulse of heat high in the atmosphere over the epicentre of the quake 72 hours before it struck.

The heat pulse was associated with an equally dramatic increase in electrical charge in the air. Similar effects were reported, retrospectively, before the Haiti earthquake in 2007.

Just what was happening is something of a mystery. A persistent conspiracy theory doing the rounds on the Internet links recent big earthquakes and secret radio experiments allegedly being carried out by the Pentagon.

I for one find it strange that all off a sudden Earthquakes (how big or small) are happening becoming more and more frequent, SCARED.....YEAP!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Just to say, I am not fearmongering just stating my belief

top topics

<<   2 >>

join