It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HISTORY LESSON: What became of the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder
Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 signators of the Declaration of Independence?

You didnt read the comments on that old article did you?
If you did, you'd see that people are pointing out that this article isnt perfectly true, and is a mixture of some true and some false information...
snopes

If its worth reading, then its also worth knowing the actual truth.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Great men who sacrificed everything for the freedom and liberty that we take for granted today. They could have just sat back and enjoyed the spoils of their labors and done nothing. Instead they gave everything they had so that we could live the life we have today. They wanted to move beyond the failed medieval idea of monarchy and try something new.

Today we dishonor them by letting the wimps in Washington take away the freedoms they died for. I hope they will forgive us.

Happy Fourth of July!!
edit on 7/3/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

There were many errors in that article try this one out for a better more accurate version....
www.snopes.com...

Also a good over view of the times found here...
manarin.com... -evaders-and-traitors/

I would still say that our founding fathers would be rolling in their graves today knowing how much we have squandered what they fought so hard for and risked so much promoting and instilling!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

beat me too it...I also included another article linked in the comments I thought was well written about them being smugglers and tax evaders since it more accurately described them. I would say in these times the need to adopt similar practices are almost warranted and most likely are by some individuals.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Absolutely. Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees. If you are heart and soul a free person.

The problem is, most people are at heart, cowards. And they would tolerate the worst conditions to avoid risking their own necks. Ironically, it is their cowardice that places us all in grave danger. Simply being more willing to fight would make us a less appealing target to those who are oppressing us and stealing our freedoms and dignity from us currently.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
"Give me liberty or give me death!..... oh, and give me those 5 negroes and 1 negro baby for 50"

Alright, I'm trolling. Sorry, but I'm genuinely interested in the article. I couldn't pass up that opportunity lol.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join