It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HISTORY LESSON: What became of the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 signators of the Declaration of Independence?

dailybail.com...

These were well to do men who gave up everything for the idea of liberty
Politicians today wouldnt have a trace of the backbone or honor these people had

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Sadly I have to say it's true. Our Founding Fathers achievements are crashing and burning due to the people's uncaring eye toward real events.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

They gave up their rights their fortunes..all for liberty and freedom
They put their ideals and lives into what they believed. Give me Liberty or Give Me Death..ment something in those days
Thanks for posting this..Perhaps we all need a reminder Freedon isnt Free

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
They also gave up their rights as Englishmen. A very brave thing to do.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

I had no Idea thank you for sharing.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Freedom isn't free. We must never forget, and we must never let their sacrifice go to waste.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
>They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor.

This would never happen now. Politicians now don't seem to care about anything other than what the position can bring them.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

I have never wondered as my father instilled a strong sense of history in me since I was born. I am a direct descendant of Roger Sherman. He is known for being the only person to sign all four great state papers of the United States as well as Gen. William T. Sherman, though Sherman is not my last name. I have always tried, but not succeeded, to honor my lineage.

I do wonder though why history is no longer taught in school. And when it is, it is revisionist history to make it more politically correct.

edit on 2-7-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Its indicative of Americas decline when you compare the calibre of these men to todays poor excuses for leaders

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
From what I heard that many descendants of the original colonists are now being under fire. I remember reading a comment in a website (I forgot where) from a direct descendant saying that he has been forced out of his home even though his ancestors has proudly serve the nation from the revolutionary war to world war 2.
edit on 2-7-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

From what I heard that many descendants of the original colonists are now being under fire. I remember reading a comment in a website (I forgot where) from a direct descendant saying that he has been forced out of his home even though his ancestors has proudly serve the nation from the revolutionary war to world war 2.

Seems like TPTB are fixing up some old accounts then,I prey these bottom feeders get whats coming to them

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Thanks for this timely history lesson. About a week ago I was thinking about what the 4th of July had become, and I was wondering this very thing.

I'm not the only one to have noticed that the younger generation thinks that "rights" are something accorded to us by the government. The obverse of that, of course, is that the government can therefore suspend or terminate those rights as they see fit. Presumably this is the new view of the natural order of things. As a veteran (US Navy, 1968-1973) I cannot adequately express how deeply sad that makes me....
edit on 7/2/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Man, these guys were bad to the bone.
Any S.F. soldier would be proud.
They were warriors!
They were willing to stare down death and fight for what they knew was right.

The ONLY people you are going to find that would even come close to the balls these guys had would be
John friggin Rambo. Unfortunately he is fictional.

Can you even imagine even ONE of our politicians having the balls to so much as speak above a whisper
about revolting against our Federal Government???????

We LOVE to elect spineless jellyfish in this country.
This is why Jessy Ventura and guys of that caliber need to be President.

When a guy like that would take office and get "the speech" from the CIA about how things are really run,
He would not lie down and just take it in the ass.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Man, these guys were bad to the bone.
Any S.F. soldier would be proud.
They were warriors!
They were willing to stare down death and fight for what they knew was right.

The ONLY people you are going to find that would even come close to the balls these guys had would be
John friggin Rambo. Unfortunately he is fictional.

Can you even imagine even ONE of our politicians having the balls to so much as speak above a whisper
about revolting against our Federal Government???????

Could you imagine where America would be today if the same courage was shown by the present bunch of retards running the country

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

What kind of men were they? Twenty-four were lawyers and jurists.Eleven were merchants, nine were farmers and large plantation owners, men of means, well educated. But they signed the Declaration of Independence knowing full well that the penalty wouldbe death if they were captured.

Are you sure that they didn't do it to be free from paying their taxes? Freedom is an illusion, no one is truely free, all revolutions have simply replaced the existing rulers with new ones, look at Cuba as one example.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

HISTORY LESSON: What became of the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence?

What became of them, they all died.

So all whom fight for the US constitution beware you will die from the same curse as the original 56.

You will all eventually die.

edit on 3-7-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

What became of them, they all died.

So all whom fight for the US constitution beware you will die from the same curse as the original 56.

You will all eventually die.

edit on 3-7-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

They Died free,how many peoiple will be able to say that these days,look at what they gave up and look at what weve done with that sacrifice

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
@Bilder: I agree. Most of us today live our lives with little awareness and leave them with little wisdom.
Even most of the poor saps fighting don't really know who or what they are fighting for.

We are too distracted by all the lights and noise to really understand the potential we have, both individually and as a collective force. It is these distractions that mar our ability to say 'enough' and finally take back the meanings of compassion, freedom and justice.

edit on 3-7-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2011 by StripedBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Now their corpses happily decompose under a flag of freedom, how nice for them.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Another sensationalized headline set me up for the old bait and switch.

Why?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join