It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3.6 Earthquake Rocks Devon And Cornwall UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
3.6 rocks? lol!
that's a mild tremor! My gas rumbles more than that!

That was my first thought as well !

A rock'in three point sixer ! woo hoo !

That is so not funny.

I mean I guess it did rattle peoples cages pretty well. Sorry.

yes, nothing to you, but massive for us. its all a bit.... worrying.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Argh, I'm going to England for a week soon. I just want a quiet, uneventful holiday. I've been in stronger quakes, up to a five I think, so I know what to expect, but I'm sure for most people in the UK this would be shocking. I'll reserve my judgement on if this is related to Elenin for now though, it's a little early to be coming to that conclusion.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
You know I had a dream a last week about an earthquake, in the dream there seemed to be some significance to the number 5. In the thread I started someone said the number 5 can represent "travel", as it happens I am planning a trip to devon. With this new quake and mini-tsunami (plus the dream) I might cancel my trip.

My "breaking news: earthquake" dream.

ALS

I havnt forgot your dream by the way, its still fresh in my mind. And your girl friend bitch slapping you SORRY high fiving you in the face ,( only joking) i still have a bad feeling about it.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
5 represents destruction/death. but i wouldn't fret over it too much. The energy you put into your thoughts will be what manifests, if enough fearful thoughts are entertained. I have a different view of what everything is altogether of this reality so although scary as this place is at times, it's really just all maya to me.
edit on 2-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
You know I had a dream a last week about an earthquake, in the dream there seemed to be some significance to the number 5. In the thread I started someone said the number 5 can represent "travel", as it happens I am planning a trip to devon. With this new quake and mini-tsunami (plus the dream) I might cancel my trip.

My "breaking news: earthquake" dream.

ALS

If that happens (a 9,9) you have got about 5 minutes to get out and straight uphill. There will be more : breaking news : earthquake to come. Likely because of Elenin . Aquifers are breaking out volcanos are erupting splits are appearing in places all over the world, rogue tides, odd lunar patterns, random heat and cold. And shifting poles : Research for yourselves the facts about Elenin : the current worsening situation is not some hoax. Beleive no lies about it either : the truth is being covered up rapidly where they can remove news about this. They can manipulate your mind into accepting blurry and altered pictures of the incoming object which is already near our orbit. Its coma is 50 000 miles accross. Its tail will shower us with debris as it comes between earth and sun this september. Its mass is huge akso and we are feeling its gravitational effects already. Heads UP

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Gosh !

I know we get quakes up north, but in the south west, I have never heard of (althought granted I didn't realise we got them at all until a few years ago).

Cool beans OP, good find

Wonder if its ever possible for us to get a big quake ? If it is, could this be a pre-cursor to a bgger event ?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
According to the Daily M(f)ail, there was one in Manchester too.
Both articles are not accepting comments, strange huh?

Link to 2nd article

The most recent quake on the British Geological Surveys website for anywhere near Cornwal or Devon is this:

NEWTON ABBOT,DEVON June 23, 2011 Time: 13:43:38.1 Lat./Lon.: 50.574 -3.741 National Grid: 276.7 km E, 76.4 km N Depth: 1.9 Magnitude: 2.7 Intensity: 3 FELT DEVON

British Geological Survey

And for near Manchester is this:

STOKE-ON-TRENT,STAFFS June 05, 2011 Time: 09:35:19.1 Lat./Lon.: 52.979 -2.161 National Grid: 389.2 km E, 342.5 km N Depth: 2.5 Magnitude: 1.7 Intensity: 3 FELT STOKE-ON-TRENT

British Geological Survey

Also, a quote from the Manchester article:

The British Geological Survey said that first readings showed that the earthquake had measured between 2.5 and three on the Richter scale. Reports said it was felt throughout the Greater Manchester area. Assistant seismologist Julian Bukits said: "That is a fairly large earthquake for the UK, although we would not expect damage to have been caused." He said the tremor was not comparable to that which shook the West Midlands last month, and which measured 4.8 on the scale.

4.8? In the Midlands? Last month?

I have a feeling the Daily Fail is either deliberately making stuff up or they have even more stupid people than normal working for them. Theirs is the only site I could find ( besides here) that has any of this 'information'. ATS even came up first in the search results!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ScorpioRising

The plot thickens : theres more to this , time will tell. Check back at the barbecue there are some juicy burgers cooking

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

I heard there was an 8.9 ish in Japan?

Did you see that?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I think the Daily Mail have got it wrong.
I think they are reporting the 2.7 and have got the numbers mixed up!! I mean a 3.6 sound far more dangerous than a 2.7!!

British papers at there best!

There is no other reliable source for this quake, so I'm gonna say they got mixed up.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
OK EDIT TO ADD Found the correct article it happened on the 23rd June 2011 theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

une 24, 2011 – ENGLAND – An earthquake has been reported in Devon that reached a magnitude 2.7. The epicenter of the quake, which struck at 1445 BST, was near Bovey Tracey, the British Geological Society (BGS) said. Police said there had been no reports of injuries but some people said their properties shook. The BGS said it was an “unusual occurrence“, with approximately 10-12 quakes of this magnitude felt in the UK per year. Radio Devon Listeners said they felt the tremors in Okehampton, Bridford and at Moretonhampstead. Pat Fleming, from Poundsgate near Ashburton, felt the quake and said: “Huge shakes went right through our granite house. We thought that something had exploded.” The last earthquake of a similar magnitude in Devon centred on Dartmoor in 1995, the society said. –BBC
and www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 5-7-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
My penny's worth. I was staying at the the in-laws in Devon, a small town (sic) next to Cornwall, & 5 separate members of the extended family said they were woken up, not as 1:30am as reported in the Daily Fail, but at 5am on Christmas morning. One reported the bed was shaking for a good 30 seconds while another heard a sonic boom type noise. So I don't believe the press report was mistakenly re-reporting the one from earlier in June.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join