It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! significant small earthquakes all over U.S. West Coast last 36 hours

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
For the last several months I've checked out Global Incident Map: Earthquakes on a daily basis. It shows ALL earthquakes in the previous 36 hours. The map below is from today (July 2nd, 2011) for the last 36 hours and shows a huge amount of quakes for the area! Granted, most of these are small but it's in quite a number of unusual places all at once with about 2-3 times the typical day for California.

I'm not screaming the sky is falling or the Juan de Fuca mega-thrust quake is tomorrow just putting this out there for information sake...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

oh dear, thanks for posting, thermo.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
For the last several months I've checked out Global Incident Map: Earthquakes on a daily basis. It shows ALL earthquakes in the previous 36 hours. The map below is from today (July 2nd, 2011) for the last 36 hours and shows a huge amount of quakes for the area! Granted, most of these are small but it's in quite a number of unusual places all at once with about 2-3 times the typical day for California.

I'm not screaming the sky is falling or the Juan de Fuca mega-thrust quake is tomorrow just putting this out there for information sake...

Ive been seeing this increase as well.

Most likely somewere around this area will see a rather large quake soon.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Uh-Oh..... Could be the next North-Eastern Japan/Fukushima

How many Nuclear plants are along the west Coast near the Shore?

Ruh-Roh

Of particular concern is the Diablo Canyon power plant operated by Pacific Gas & Electric Co. PCG +1.50% , which is near four separate fault lines and sits right on the Pacific Ocean in San Luis Obispo County, about 200 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

Market Watch- Are West Coast Nuclear Plants Safe
Uh-Oh

edit on 2-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

I agree. It's been interesting to watch the patterns day after day. There were small quakes moving gradually up the San Andreas but none north of Eureka (at the Mendocino Triple Junction). Then suddenly there were some 4s in Canada West Coast (north end of Juan de Fuca fault), now all over the region. I don't know enough about the trends to speculate with any validity but sure seems like it's leading to a major quake on Northern Cali coast to me.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse

Uh-Oh..... Could be the next North-Eastern Japan/Fukushima

How many Nuclear plants are along the west Coast near the Shore?
edit on 2-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

there's one 25 miles north of me....
(in Livermore, CA or so; I don't know the rest)

this trend is not THAT out of line. It's maybe double to triple but they're nearly all small quakes. From my limited knowledge I'd start getting worried if we started seeing several 4+s off the northern coast, north of Eureka.

edit on 2-7-2011 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I, myself have actually been looking at this site >> earthquake.usgs.gov... for the past month or so, and I too on some days have noticed there's lots of quakes (mini) there too.
It probably had something to do with their many faultlines, but I do also think SOME of them have been set off maybe a bit more further away as you can see if you zoom in on the map >>> earthquake.usgs.gov... (See the one last last week, the bigger one in the yellow) but I still don't think there will be any big quakes in the next month, Godwilling.
I know California's due one soon, but I think those are just many mini-quakes due to be being near faultlines.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
curious..how many in this 36 hours?
and what size?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Yes there is a considerable amount of pressure building up on the west coast and pretty much the entire ring of fire. A couple of days ago it was alaska getting pounded. My thought has always been and still is according to alignments with elenin(like it or not, its there) I have been predicting aug 11-18 to be catastrophic. I beleive aug 16th or 17th will bring a HUGE eq to the west coast imo, just sayin

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Also should all take note how they keep the oh 50-100 eq a day that happen in yellowstone. However you will not find anything on the net for that info, now that scares me!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
link ats
'

This blog, Intuitive Choice, has already made a bit of a name for itself by accurately predicting the Myanmar earthquake twice in the week before it happened: Multiple Predictive Warnings about Myanmar.

Got this from a channeling session today - might answer a few questions: > Many people are curious about the next earthquake and question me often – do you have precise information on the next major earthquake that you’d like to share? I am Parcival. I am not inclined to provide particulars at this time. I believe there will be a very specific announcement of the next major earthquake by SaLuSa or SeRen#ha. They will project this to the entire humanity of Gaia as a way for them to gain appropriate recognition as knowledgeable of such things. You are one who will share it, without doubt; I have been told. For generalities if you are interested, keep watching Chile, there will be an increase of moderate earthquakes there. The Indian Ocean is a hotsource at the moment with a new energy chasm being promoted. Alaska will see several moderately large earthquakes but within the range of normal: 6.2, 6.4.

From 4/7/11 on your link
I just thought this would be pertinent.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...
I see nothing new this is how Calif looks all the time.

Its looked this way last year and 5 years ago. Calif has many EQs a day and always had.

Show me something new i have earthquake.usgs.gov bookmarked and check it daily and have for years

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I live 2 blocks from the Hayward fault in the SF east bay, another 2 blocks perp to another fault crosses that. Ive been waking up to shaking lately, a lot. We have indoor and outdoor cats, and they've been acting really strange. A couple nites ago I went out to feed the possums n raccoon that roam our back field (even tho we live in the center of town),and there were about 40-50 snails truckin straight east across our driveway, porch, and neighbors porch. Not one snail was outta line. Kinda weird..

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I agree. It's been interesting to watch the patterns day after day. There were small quakes moving gradually up the San Andreas but none north of Eureka (at the Mendocino Triple Junction). Then suddenly there were some 4s in Canada West Coast (north end of Juan de Fuca fault), now all over the region. I don't know enough about the trends to speculate with any validity but sure seems like it's leading to a major quake on Northern Cali coast to me.

I'm not sure there are known and observed 'trends' or that anyone has ever really uses small quakes to predict a larger one.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

Yes there is a considerable amount of pressure building up on the west coast and pretty much the entire ring of fire. A couple of days ago it was alaska getting pounded. My thought has always been and still is according to alignments with elenin(like it or not, its there) I have been predicting aug 11-18 to be catastrophic. I beleive aug 16th or 17th will bring a HUGE eq to the west coast imo, just sayin

I would also like to point out that California could be affacted by the New Madrid Quake (NMQ), forgot to point this out, quote from a site

There will be a progression of quakes in the magnitude 4-5 range all along the New Madrid fault line, which runs up to the Great Lakes and thence along the seaway. The bow will become more stressed, cracking rock inland from San Diego all the way to the Mississippi.
poleshift.ning.com...
I still don't think it will happen in the next month as far as I am saying, but I have had visions about this summer. When I say "next month" I meant July as it's only 3rd and we have the whole rest of the month ahead. I'm not trying to cause panic, but I found this interesting in that article, read it all in the link.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

I'm not sure there are known and observed 'trends' or that anyone has ever really uses small quakes to predict a larger one.

I agree - it's just a theory

I've always been fascinated by earthquakes and watch little trends like this as well as HAARP and various radiation tracking sites. Time will tell if it's worth anything.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I was born in Los Angeles ca was raised in the high desert, Victorville, I do not live there currently, however this is normal activity. Although it is time for another big quake. If you are born and raised in earth quake country you get this feeling and people start talking about a bug one is due, then suddenly it happens. I think Calif is due.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

I was born and bred in SOCA.

I've spent 60+ years waiting for the big one.

I have no doubt it will happen some day.

But - - if you live in fear and don't live your life - - you could waste many years.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
earthquake.usgs.gov...
I see nothing new this is how Calif looks all the time.

Its looked this way last year and 5 years ago. Calif has many EQs a day and always had.

Show me something new i have earthquake.usgs.gov bookmarked and check it daily and have for years

Yep, been watching since around '98, the map looks normal to me...and you WANT lots of little quakes because that is pressure being released and not stored up for a big 'rip'.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
You WANT lots of little quakes because that is pressure being released and not stored up for a big 'rip'.

Already proven false as it dose not relieve stress.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

"You can prevent large earthquakes by making lots of small ones, or by "lubricating" the fault with water"

FICTION: Seismologists have observed that for every magnitude 6 earthquake there are about 10 of magnitude 5, 100 of magnitude 4, 1,000 of magnitude 3, and so forth as the events get smaller and smaller. This sounds like a lot of small earthquakes, but there are never enough small ones to eliminate the occasional large event. It would take 32 magnitude 5's, 1000 magnitude 4's, and 32,000 magnitude 3's to equal the energy of one magnitude 6 event. So, even though we always record many more small events than large ones, there are far too few to eliminate the need for the occasional large earthquake. As for "lubricating" faults with water or some other substance, if anything, this would have the opposite effect. Injecting high- pressure fluids deep into the ground is known to be able to trigger earthquakes—to cause them to occur sooner than would have been the case without the injection. This would be a dangerous pursuit in any populated area, as one might trigger a damaging earthquake.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join