It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Bracelet Considered For Airline Passengers, Border Control

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonro

And once "shock bracelets" are "accepted" for air travel the schools will be next.

Saturday night, a certified TSA official will be at the Santa Fe High School prom to oversee student searches....

When will the sheeple ever understand that this is "Boiling the frog"

If you drop a frog in a pot of boiling water, it will of course frantically try to clamber out. But if you place it gently in a pot of tepid water and turn the heat on low, it will float there quite placidly. As the water gradually heats up, the frog will sink into a tranquil stupor, exactly like one of us in a hot bath, and before long, with a smile on its face, it will unresistingly allow itself to be boiled to death.
enterarena.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I think people should be asking the question...

Why is Homeland Security even looking into this technology?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The idea of people with heart problems/pacemakers having to wear these shock bracelets makes this seem implausible. However, they don't seem to mind giving us more radiation through their scanners, so maybe they don't care about the health impacts. Just the end result. Do the flight crew need to wear these things? If not, then I can forsee 'bad people' just getting jobs as flight crew members and then doing their 'bad things.'

In my observation, the one area the MSM and gov't don't seem to talk much about are the people who work at the airport and for the airlines. How much screening do they get? Those people who have access to the planes while they are at the gate, or those who repair/maintain the planes. What kind of screening to they undergo to make sure they aren't up to no good?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Great analogy... with the frog...

To those who say that shock bracelets will "never" be publicly accepted...
Did you ever imagine that a 3 year old or an 80 year old would be pat down like a criminal at the airport?

Of course shock bracelets can't be introduced over night. It would provoke immediate outrage.
It's something that would be introduced gradually and strategically over time.
It may still take 10 years. Either way, these govt agencies are planning years ahead.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AutomaticSlim

MSM and gov't don't seem to talk much about are the people who work at the airport and for the airlines. How much screening do they get?

I was curious about the same thing. Airline staff security seems to be lacking compared to passenger security screening. Suitcases and suitcase contents are still being stolen. If stolen property is leaving the airport undiscovered then I presume items can be brought into the airport undiscovered. Airport/airline staff also seem to roam freely on the tarmac/taxiway without any visible security precautions.

TSA should be more concerned about a device being slipped into unattended luggage on the tarmac than frisking a 5 year that is boarding the plane.

There are many other less invasive and more effective methods than shock devices to secure an airline..

edit on 3-7-2011 by matito because:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
If they are thinking of doing this to fliers then maybe we as a society should think about attaching it to government officials and military personel as a measure to prevent corruption, greed and illegal or unecessary military violence. We should also consider putting them on police officers and use them when police over react to certain situations.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonro

I am sure any determined terrorist will be able to lay hands on the technology to disable these bracelets if they were god forbid implemented, at the end of the day all you have to do is remove them, if they can only be released by airport officials then that would make every passenger effectivly a prisoner for the length of the journey.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Seems like some not so very well thought out idea in the hopes of some company making some $$$. Would probably boost ticket prices another $10. And uncomfortable as hell im sure. What do they plan on doing? making sure there are electrodes dug into a persons skin the entire time they are on a flight? All you would have to do is cover your arm with something like tape. The contraption wouldn't hurt or affect the person wearing the bracelet. As long as a buffer between the skin and electrodes is in place.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonro

I sort of hope this is a true report. We need to move to a new level of comedy in our country. Let's see, how about putting all those bracelets up Janet's arse??? Hummmm?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
All I ask, is that I be given the remote control to use. Can you just imagine shocking everyone on the plane out the fun of it. Just see what their reaction would be like.

Zap

Passenger, jumping around like a loose cannon.

Zap, get back in your seat sir,

I think that would be so much fun if I was at the controls.

edit on 3-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
First I would have to say to them-F*** you, ain't wearing it for sure.
Second-What morons.
What is our world coming to? We are idiots, and at the ned of our game. Look at the rules we are making up.
This is the end of sanity folks. It's all downhill from here.

Everyone thank BUSH for being an idiot and screwing up the whole entire world.
One man screwed up our world because we gave him a little bit of power. Terrorists omg they're everywhere, everyone is a suspect. BS

Nice find S&F

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
DHS can kiss my ass.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
I think even the most dumbed-down kool aid drinkers aren't going to stand for this one.

Yeah I think the authorities will have to wait another 5, maybe 10 years before trying to put that in place.

Is that website legit? 10 years ago I would've found it ridiculous, but now I just find it sort of hard to believe.

I hate flying so if they ever did implement something like that then I would definitely never fly again.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Regardless of how old the article is, I for one read the article and immediately got the feeling that the use of this device in air travel was just an after-thought.

Having said that, I can sit here all day and swear and cuss and say I will never wear one of those and take to the streets to protest, but my initial feeling was that these devices would be forced upon the individual, much like a pair of handcuffs are slapped on you when you are being arrested. You don't want to wear handcuffs, but chances are your going to if the cops want you to.

I personally don't believe in the whole FEMA camp theory, but I am surprised those that do have not jumped on this, because what a better way to control detainees.

peace

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This definitely has possibilities for sadistic fun. Not that I would do it but if you could hack the activation sequence you could zap other travelers just to see them squeak and collapse. Don't look at me like that, you were thinking it.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonro

Honestly this is better than the crap they make us do now. I'd where a shock bracelet if it meant no body scanner. no tickets, no wait, etc etc.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is a case where the ends do not justify the means. There are too many factors that could cause unwanted or adverse effects. Of course this would probably make any terrorists think twice before flying, since they would not allow anyone on a plane who refused to wear one, but I think that they would find a way to circumvent the system.

First, who would be in control, and how would they know who was wearing what device in a hectic hijack attempt, and how would they guarantee that they would push the right button? I can't think of an effective method. Granted if they do implement this device, and people still choose to fly, there will probably be more innocent people injured or killed with these devices than the bad guys.

Lawsuits against the airlines will increase as well I bet. I can see the headline now: Malfunction Kills Mother on Flight. I understand their aim, I think, but like I said, this isn't justified as it does more to dehumanize than to prevent terrorism. And as was said earlier, this seems like something the governments of the World would love to have on all their citizens. Technology will be used against us in the future, even more than it is now.

When I read it would be used for immigration, my first thought was, are they going to put a bracelet on everyone in Mexico, and say "this is so you stay out of America?"

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
What would probably happen is once the technology is implemented a hacker in Afghanistan would figure out how to compromise the system. Then say about 10 in the morning eastern time on a weekday all the collars would go off. Everywhere. Maximum power. Until the batteries go dead. Like the wearers.

It would kill thousands. I hope the thoughts of worse case scenarios like this is keeping stupid ideas like that from being implemented. Though I'm thinking that the thought of most of the traveling public avoiding plane travel once that is implemented is the other.
edit on 3-7-2011 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Let's take time to get outraged about something that was a stupid idea, is several years old, and will never come to fruition. There is enough to get angry about, without having to go all up in arms about something that doesn't even exist.

I recall the original story. They said they would be inert, unless there was a hijacking, and then they could be enabled. Regardless, it was badly accepted, and would NEVER happen. Stop freaking out for the sake of freaking out.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Astr0

Your implying the holocaust actually happened.. (I'm not going to post sources everytime I find something out of place, maybe you should use google. And I'll probably make a thread about it one day.)

But no one will stop these people, even if the idea is pure insanity! Insane is the normal, people will call you insane for returning someones wallet or fighting back a rapist on some girl in the park.

Public opinion doesnt matter, even if it did most everyone is brainwashed so completely they'll hate their own family for having any ideas against how the system is run.

So they'll do what they want, they want shock collars? There will be shock collars.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join