It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something really weird happened to me yesterday..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
You may have been sitting on a fork. Do a headcount of your cutlery to see if one is missing.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ommadawn
You may have been sitting on a fork. Do a headcount of your cutlery to see if one is missing.

I'm trying to grasp your joke but I can't seem to find anything comical about it..
Weird huh?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

That is funny that someone brought this up...I do have a seizure disorder! Flickering lights...or floating orbs are a good indication for me that a seizure is only seconds away...but when it happens out of the blue and no seizure is forth coming...then it is a little weird.

Anyway...funny that someone brought this up...so I guess on that note OP you should get checked of a seizure disorder...makes much more sense than checking the kitchen cutlery for a missing fork!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
reply to post by k21968

That is funny that someone brought this up...I do have a seizure disorder! Flickering lights...or floating orbs are a good indication for me that a seizure is only seconds away...but when it happens out of the blue and no seizure is forth coming...then it is a little weird.

Anyway...funny that someone brought this up...so I guess on that note OP you should get checked of a seizure disorder...makes much more sense than checking the kitchen cutlery for a missing fork!

My mother also experienced the flickering electricity so a seizure does not explain me experiencing this flickering.
The hallucinating on the other hand.. its just weird that they both happened at the same time and therefore appear to be correlated in some way. This is but the second time I've experienced such a sudden shift in perception with no apparent reason.
The first time was during a very stressful time in my life.

Right now I'm all gravy baby.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

When this thread opened up and I read what you had experienced...I thought...WTF is going on. I think I was reacting to the fact that the same type of electrical thing happen here in my area (well at least in my house) and when it happened I was thinking to myself..."now that was odd". Not long after that you started this thread and then I really started wondering what the heck was happening.

I have never hallucinated (without some assistance of the undiscussables here on ATS) but I think the electrical occurrence was odd...and even odder that it happened to so many people at the same time (approximately I am thinking) in different part of the country. The whole damn thing is just odd...I would like to hear someone chime in on a cause...there has to be some kind of record for a power interruption of this size...even if it was only for a second or two.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I agree. Is very odd indeed. I asked a few mates today if the same kind of thing happened to them and a few said they had weird experiences with power around the same kind of time. Also people correlating similar experiences at similar times in this thread.

This leads me to believe that something definitely is afoot. But what?
Terrestrial or space weather event?
CME?

I haven't got a clue to be honest. I was hoping some more seasoned ATS members could offer their speculation.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
You're waiting for a seasoned member to clarify what you experienced was a space weather related event?

Come on - you haven't even answered the question about whether you've taken acid in the past or not. Your posts and your "mood" (Ƥsychedelic) suggest to me you may be a drug user, so it would be good if you could clear that up before expecting detailed theories. Acid, salvia, ketamine - any of those in the days running up to your experience?

Plus it's highly likely the power issue was a mere sub-station fault - with co-incidental timing. If just you yourself experienced a power cut it may be something more spooky - but if your mum and your mates did too - that pretty much says its at least a street or town wide power cut and nothing more than that. I'm sure you're well aware in the UK this happens at least a few times a year in most households. If you can provide your locale roughly, we can check up on power outages around the time you mentioned.
edit on 3-7-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yesterday 2 July, at about 2 pm EST, all of a sudden I got very sleepy and barely made it to the couch before passing out and woke up 4 hours later, about 6:00-6:30 PM EST, and when I woke up, I felt stoned and VERY light headed.
Now I had PLENTY of rest the night before, and didnt do much of anything except a fast food shopping a few hours before

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Just curious. How did this happen?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by villagesmithie

Just in case your not seeing it, I'm referring to this post being edited nine months before the thread was started???

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Sorry OP don't have any answers for you, but just to add my TV muted itself at 7pm GMT last night...I didn't think that much about just "why the heck did it do that" but I just picked up the remote, pressed the mute button and the sound came back on...I had been watching the TV with the sound on and the remote was on the table

No hallucinations though, and to be honest I thought no more about it until I read this thread, but quite weird when I'm reading other people's accounts

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Wow, that is very trippy indeed. Well, I didn't notice anything like that but yesterday it was still daylight at 8:30 in the evening here in MS. That seemed pretty strange to me and I couldn't believe more people didn't question it, like the day went on longer than it should. I hope you get to the bottom of what you experienced bud.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by villagesmithie
reply to post by villagesmithie

Just in case your not seeing it, I'm referring to this post being edited nine months before the thread was started???

Glitch on behalf of ATS coding I believe.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
For all the people who experienced electronic disturbances, could you give us an idea where this occurred? Might it have been just in one localized area?

And to the OP, could you expand any on that feeling of euphoria? Did it persist after the event? How long were you euphoric before you started hallucinating?

I also had a strange euphoric experience a few years ago. I woke one morning feeling better than I ever have before, king of the world, like I could do anything. I left for work, and at the bus stop, everyone was staring at me shamelessly. I got on the bus and everyone on the entire bus was staring at me, including the driver in the mirror. people were turned around backwards in their seats mouths handing open. I'm not exaggerating, and I felt so great that their staring didn't bother me in the least. I let them drink int in, then got off to go to work. Nobody at work noticed anything amiss, and neither did my family, it was only strangers who stared at me.

So an intense feeling or euphoria can have a drastic effect on your surroundings. If I could have that effect on people, you could certainly have that effect on electronics. I'm just not sure weather you were the cause or something environmental was. Unless the other reported electronic mishaps were in the same area, I'd say they are just coincidence.

Also, flashbacks are complete and utter BS. Just a rumor perpetrated by people who have no knowledge of drugs.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

I'm in the west coast of Scotland, my tv is only a few weeks old, and I have't had any other issues with it, apart from last night at 7pm when the sound just muted...sorted immediately by picking up the remote and pressing the mute button, but like I say the remote was on the table so no one touched it,,the sound just muted

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Ok, so what channel were you watching? What channel was OP watching? You're both in the UK so if it was the same channel/programme then it was a transmission fault.

We still need to know where OP is from and what drugs he/she does before we can actually get to the meat of this.

So far everything still seems perfectly explainable and nothing supernatural.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

I was watching National Geographic via Sky Satellite...but it's my TV remote that controls my volume, my sky remote is only good for changing chanels. I thought a couple of other people mentioned slight electrical and electronic disturbances as well, including one whose tv went onto mute, that's the only reason I posted my experience, otherwise I would never have given it a second thought

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Even if I had been consuming whatever, whenever, It would go against the T&C of this site to discuss it so sorry its a no go on that one. I don't know what channel it was on because it was on mute. I live in the south east of England.

This WASN'T a 'Flash back' and the T.V flashing brilliantly wasn't me hallucinating. The lamp also flickered and the lights where my mother was flickered. Also some of my mates experienced the same electrical anomalies.

The feeling of Euphoria came first. It built up steadily for about half a minute or so, then the hallucinating started. The hallucinating along with the feeling of euphoria built up for about a minute or so and then the electrical anomalies occurred. The electrical anomalies occurred very quickly and when they were over the hallucinations subsided quite quickly.

Enough info?

I REPEAT. IT WASN'T A FLASHBACK. FLASHBACKS ARE A STUPID IDEA. It doesn't matter what I may or may not have taken in the months proceeding this. Let me put it this way anyway. I hadn't consumed anything in the weeks beforehand that could supposedly cause a flashback anyway.

Edit to add: And it was freeview I was watching, not Sky/satellite/whatever.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Don't pay any attention to the overwhelming amount of jerks you'll encounter here. I also wrote about a similar experience that happened to me recently, and I got a lot of the same responses. Many of them assumed I had a "flashback", but what they don't understand is that it would've taken 1000 hits of acid and a pillow case full of shrooms to produce the "trip" that I had.

You can read about it here if you like,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, you can dismiss the theory of a seizure disorder because the flickering lights happened AFTER your "trip" rather than before. I have a friend with epilepsy and she can't be around strobe lights because they cause her to have seizures, not the other way around.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join