It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something really weird happened to me yesterday..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I've been debating whether or not to actually post this all day. Seeing as this is an internet forum and I've got nothing to lose then I figured what the hell. Plus the Gray Area is the place for kooky personal stories so one more won't harm anyone.

I was chilling out playing guitar like normal. The T.V was on mute and my lamp was on. (I keep my T.V on but muted a lot of the time merely for extra lighting, I rarely actually watch T.V)

Anyway yeah, everything is going normal, I'm working on one of my new songs. Suddenly I get a very strange feeling of euphoria, quite uncomfortable especially considering the rapid onset of it. I start to Hallucinate not only visually but audibly and the room around me begins to warp in a surprisingly comfortable way. This random outbreak of ball tripping wasn't the thing that disturbed me and made me think about writing this thread.

What really got my mind racing was that usually I would of put this down to too much partying in the past or maybe even put it down to another outbreak of short term psychosis. BUT. Shortly after I started hallucinating all the technology I had running in my room flickered for a few seconds and the T.V flashed brilliantly and then turned itself off.

Assuming my hallucinations had taken on another form I disregarded this whole event until my mother asked me about the weird power flickering and whether or not it happened to me as well. I told her yes but left out the tripping balls part..

Anyone else experience anything like this yesterday? Any possible explanations?

It certainly wasn't an hallucination, the power flickering. But why did the power flickering accompany the hallucinating? or vice versa?

Confused.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
lucky you, people pay good money for a tripp like that lol. maybe you had a release of dmt from the pineal gland. I cant explain the lights flickering. possibly coincidence.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
You mentioned having short term psychosis before. Could you explain exactly what that is? Could that be why you experienced what you did?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
congratulations my friend, you're possibly ahead of the game. flag

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
lucky you, people pay good money for a tripp like that lol. maybe you had a release of dmt from the pineal gland. I cant explain the lights flickering. possibly coincidence.

That's what I was thinking. But I was thinking maybe some anomaly occurred which triggered this release of '___'. What this anomaly was I have no idea.

Originally posted by Night Star
You mentioned having short term psychosis before. Could you explain exactly what that is? Could that be why you experienced what you did?

Its a loss of reality and is often accompanied by hallucinations on any 5 of your senses and delusional thought patterns and behaviour. Usually short term psychosis is triggered off by a traumatic event or through extensive substance abuse. I haven't have psychosis for years now and have been in a very good mental place for a while. I strongly believe this is not a case of psychosis, especially considering that I wasn't the only person who experienced the light flickering.

I'm thinking that some kind of anomaly caused not only my hallucinations but also the power flickering.

Question is.. what was the anomaly exactly?..

Originally posted by demetriandlucy
congratulations my friend, you're possibly ahead of the game. flag

Elaborate please?
Matrix reference of some kind?

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

well you were working on a song. playing music, chanting, dancing, can put you into an altered state. I am a musician as well and have seriously gapped out for looong periods of time. never shifted dimentions like you though lol!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Very Interesting. Thanks for posting. Electricity can do all kinds of weird stuff. I've seen a powerful magnet being placed next to someones head, alter their speach.

You may have had a reaction to a power surge, or maybe it's HAARP.

You might want to look into HAARP technologies. I've heard there are ways to use VLF waves to alter people's brain patterns.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

My lights flickered and my tv flashed blue and turned off yesterday at 7:10 I know the exact time because I was on the phone with my boyfriend and just looked it up. I did not experience any hallucinations though lol.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

What time did this happen?

I am very curious about the electrical thing...I might have something to add to this.

Usually I do not entertain the grey area much and seldom take personal stories like this seriously...this however has a very personal feel with the electrical occurrence...so I would like to know what time this happened.

I don't want to sound completely off my rocker...and that scares me more than anything else...no man wants to feel like less than his peers right? I am no exception...so if you would share at about what time this happened I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Edit: This is pretty close to when I had something similar happen...I don't know what time zone this was in...but for my time zone...it matches pretty close...

My lights flickered and my tv flashed blue and turned off yesterday at 7:10

edit on 2-7-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
My stereo muted itself yesterday..

what time was it that this happened?

mine was around 7 pacific time...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If you've taken acid before, you have your answer right there. You just had a flashback.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Was in the shower yesterday and the light started flickering like crazy...

No hallucinations though. I found it odd as I just changed the light bulb recently.

Flagging this. Maybe there is more...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
If u had a "like" experience
in the past, you most likely experienced a somewhat similar temporary euphoric experience. As far as the tv turning off on its own along with the flickering before hand most likely it was a power surge. Since both of these things just happened to happen along with each other it would be considered a "Meaningful Coincidence". Ill tell for a fact that you are not the only one who has experienced these "Meaningful coincidences"

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Flickering lights can cause seizures. Have you considered that possibility? Maybe you dont have psychosis, maybe you have a seizure disorder???

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
You're in the UK? What time was this?
I'm in France, and we had some similar electrical problems last night. Not sure what time it was, somewhere around 8:00 PM.
Earlier in the day, two transformers blew up in the city next to us.

I was out and about most of the day and didn't check solar activity and all, but it had made me wonder if there hadn't been a big CME or flare we were being hit by.....

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Psychodelics i.e. acid, mushrooms, exstacy, when taken, some of it will be get trapped in fat cells. If you've taken psychodelics in the past, doing something physical or sweating, can cause it to be released. So, you may have caused this to happen and that's what you experienced. The lighting could have be mere coincedence.

Also, it could have been a strong EMF field, it is known to cause hallucinations, nausea, and dizziness.

EMF AND THE PINEAL GLAND - How many of you remember your parents saying don't sit too close to the television? What do we do when we work on computers? How close do we sit? Right up next to it. Most people working in front of a computer are eventually going to become environmentally sensitive because the pineal gland is chronically stressed, not only when we are sitting in front of the computer, but all the time. We are exposed to electromagnetic radiation every waking, sleeping moment, every moment of our lives. The only time you are not chronically exposed to EM radiation is when you are out in a wilderness area, far, far away. When you hike in the wilderness you feel different. When you camp, you sleep fantastically well, you are emotionally balanced and mentally clear.

www.consumerhealth.org...
edit on 3-7-2011 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Please describe your visual and audible hallucination in detail. For example: did objects change shapes, did you see colors that you never saw before- did you see aura's around objects- could you see sound, did you feel like you were in a completely different dimension, did you experience time, etc... depending upon your answer I can better help you figure out what happened.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Do you use energy saving lightbulbs?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
are you familiar with dmt? what are you stances on the new age theories and junk?

I believe you experienced a little glimpse of the "source" energy and the state of mind that accompanies it.

You were playing music, it stimulated your soul/brain and you had a quick dmt trip. the euphoria is natural because that frequency that you're jumping up to is based on just pure 'love' energy. it's what angels are all tapped into it. I think closer to 2012/one of those dates soon we'll see this happen to more and more people

edit: and the lights flickering or whatever. seems completely logical. raw energy manifesting, i'm sure the electronics would get weird
edit on 3-7-2011 by demetriandlucy because: addition

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I'll try to answer some if not all the questions now.

It happened around 5-6 PM GMT.

It was not a flashback. The idea of a flashback is scientifically ridiculous and the whole concept it propaganda. Anything that is going to supposedly give you a flash back actually goes out of your system completely, usually within a day.

I'm leaning towards the release of '___' idea. If someone wants a better idea on what the hallucinations were like I'll try and explain, but as you know its not easy describing a trip to others.

Everything went fuzzy for a minute, visually and audibly, like I was in a fish bowl. I heard an ice cream van sounding its siren but I'm not sure whether or not I actually heard it or not.. it was the right time of day to hear it so I'm assuming yes. The whole room around me suddenly shot into HD/Blue ray type focus and then seconds later shot away from me dramatically then zoomed back into focus, only to teeter at the 'correct' distance and 'dimension' for about 10 seconds. Then the electrical stuff happened.

Colours were more vibrant and clear than psychedelic and the whole thing only lasted about 15-20 seconds. Although if I was under the influence of '___' from my pineal gland then the whole affair could of lasted 15-20 minutes or more theoretically.

But yeah, happened rather quickly proceeded by the electrical surge or whatever. Very strange experience indeed O.o

top topics

<<   2 >>

join