It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robbers dress up as cops, tie up family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well this is what happens when cops raid people with ``no-knock warrants`` and a lot of time, they don't even have warrants... people can't know if they are real cops or not... so most of the time, they will act as they are... since mad cops will beat you up if you dare ask for a warrant or even question them...

Robbers/murderers are getting the message... so now, they are dressing up as cops...

City police are investigating another home invasion

Real police detectives, not imposters, are out talking to people who live in the 1600 block of Elkins Ln. in Federal Hill. Around 3:45 a.m. Friday, a man and woman got a rude awakening. Three men claiming to be officers were inside their home.

"It makes me question who to answer, who to believe," said Lauren Dougherty, a neighbor.

City police say the two people inside the home had no time to respond. They were sleeping when they heard a loud noise downstairs.

"Three men all identified themselves as Baltimore City police officers. The victims were then tied up and the individuals went through their home," said Det. Jeremy Silbert, city police spokesman.

Police have not tracked down who's behind a similar incident that happened in Northeast Baltimore Monday morning. One man was shot in his home on Medford Rd. when he fought back.

End the no-knock warrants and no warrant policies, it's unconstitutional anyway. Put the castle doctrine as law in all states. People claiming to be cops enters your house at 2AM? Doesn't matter who they say they are, shoot to kill, they broke into your house illegally during the night.

You're a cop serving a warrant? Go during the day/wait outside the house, follow your guy and go arrest him in a public place where he's not prepared...

Or do like Florida did a few years ago... send letters to criminals, saying the government owes them a thousand $ but they must come to the state capitol to get it... and arrest them there... (yep, that actually worked) Cut water and electricity off till they surrender.. Anyway, there's several ways to do your job that are way less dangerous for you... and for the suspect.

If this trend continues, more robbers, serial killers, rapists, etc, are gonna dress up as cops... which will lead to people getting even more scared/pissed at cops... and more cops and more innocent people will die killing each other...

SAVE LIVES, END THE NO-KNOCK WARRANTS.
edit on 2-7-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This has got to be a new level....

Criminals break into someone's home... but it's STILL the fault of the police.

Now we just have to wait until the thugs get arrested and we'll see 10 threads on how they were subject to police brutality and need to be let go without being charged

I do agree somewhat on no-knocks. They do have their place however the are over utilized to the detriment of it being an effective tool. Same goes for Tasers. Sometimes when you have a hammer- everything starts looking like a nail

edit on 2-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

This has got to be a new level....

Criminals break into someone's home... but it's STILL the fault of the police.

It's not the fault of the police they broke into the house. But it's the fault of the police for doing this kind of stuff without warrant and no-knock warrants in the past that led the family to believe the robbers were actually cops.

Without police no-knock warrant and no warrants = assume it's robbers even if they say they are cops.
With police no-knock warrant and no warrants = assume it's cops when they say they are cops.

The cops unconstitutional policies have led to this.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
The cops unconstitutional policies have led to this.

I will say that it is overused however it is not unconstitutional.

Please refer to Wilson v. Arkansas, 514 U.S. 927, 57CrL2122 (1995)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I love how everybody is automatically assuming that this is burglars doing these robberies.

Hasn't anybody come to the obvious conclusion yet? If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its probably a duck.

They were dressed in police uniforms and told the victims they were police. Why is the police department looking outside their own for the culprits? From what I hear, the Baltimore PD is one of the most corrupt in the nation. It would come as no surprise to me to find out it was actual cops pulling this off.

With the recent court ruling saying that people have no right to resist, even against cops who are breaking the law, is it any wonder that some corrupt cops may become this brazen?

There's also the possibility that these may have been botched police raids and the department is trying to make them look like burglaries in order to avoid civil liability.

I wouldn't put anything past those scumbags anymore.

edit on 7/2/11 by FortAnthem because: There, I fixed it, you happy?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

They were dressed in police uniforms and told the victims they were police.

Where does it say they were in uniforms?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by FortAnthem

They were dressed in police uniforms and told the victims they were police.

Where does it say they were in uniforms?

It did not.

Let's not confuse the issue with facts though

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
There's also the possibility that these may have been botched police raids and the department is trying to make them look like burglaries in order to avoid civil liability.

There is also the possibility that it could have been grey aliens.

There is also the possibility that it could have been a Sasquatch and Yeti with Nessie driving the getaway car.

There is also the possibility that it could have been you and your buddies.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

OK the article doesn't say they were wearing police uniforms but, police often don't wear regular uniforms when they go on raids and sometimes they may be conducted by detectives or they may dress in civilian clothes to not call attention to themselves and alert their intended victims.

Also, the article didn't say they were NOT wearing uniforms either. Its my bad for making the assumption but, I still think its a mistake to rule out the police for any crime like this.

top topics

join