It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Camera-Phone Post: I've got mine...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
S.O., is potassium iodide standard issue due to the elevated threat or are you
just being careful?

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Have you had a manicure SO ?

LL1

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Sorry to tell you, but they gave that/those away up here in Westchester, like FREE GOV'T. CHEESE! And anything gotten for free like that usually does not work... Hope you didn't have to spend too much for that.
Please see map link:

riverkeeper.org...

One other thing, what if (yes, the BIG What If) they hit Indian Point, the nuclear plant in CT, and Three Mile Island???? All at the same time? As you can see from the map link, the 50 mile radius will interlock/overlap.
Then it's a sure wrap...

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Jesus SO, How much crap do you have running on your toolbar?

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK

LOL...I thought the same thing! I've never seen such a cram-packed toolbar in my life! Then somebody brought up iodine pills and I had to go back and look again!

LOL

[edit on 8-11-2004 by Valhall]

mrq

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK

I think those are QuickLaunch icons in the toolbar, not running procs in the taskbar. Blurry though, I could be mistaken

That would be the most I've ever seen running in a taskbar though, if they are that.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I would have never guessed that you are a Mac user SO....

What's the street value on those pills?
I should hope they work when it comes down to it

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK Jesus SO, How much crap do you have running on your toolbar?
Only just the items I need.

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun I would have never guessed that you are a Mac user SO....
My first Mac was a Mac IIc ... way back in the day of PageMaker 2. I've had a Mac (either through work or personally) ever since.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
...way back in the day of PageMaker 2...

I thought they just started off with 7 -
j/k

My dad brought me up on macs...we started out with one of those black and white monitor and CPU combined units - don't recall the name - then progressed to a color one - don't recall the name - lol....Then I bought my own PC..uh...and another....and uh....a couple years of upgrades later, here I am!
I think the best solution is to just have both....anyone got an extra $5000?

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun I think the best solution is to just have both....
Actually, I've got VirtualPC running on my PB17, and it works like a champ. I've even had OSX, OS9, RedHat, X-Windows, and Windows XP all running at the same time with slow downs only in the Windows emulation.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
All running at the same time?! I know this is getting way off topic, but that's just friggin' awesome - How in the hell does one go about doing that?!

I consider myself fairly compotent with computer modifications, although I'm by no means a computer science major....is this just an option available for Mac users or can I run OSX on my PC? I know about WindowBlinds...but...eh...

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
VirtualPC is an app that emulates windows on Mac OSX. The RedHat install was the stock build for PowerPC architecture, it runs nicely on a Mac. The key is RAM of course... and the PB17 has 2 gigs
I've since removed RedHat and X-Windows as they were just in the way.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

The key is RAM of course... and the PB17 has 2 gigs

AH HA! Well....that explains it! You could run a triathalon from home with 2 gigs of RAM - lol

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Once I actually find my OS X CD ill be able to test PearPC...which is a PPC emulator on Windows. Meaning you can install OSX on an emulation of a Mac on Windows. Iv tried it with YellowDog Mac and it worked great.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Bah Macs.

*Hides name*

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What is IOSAT?? dont know this, never heard of it, sorry

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
IOSAT: Potassium Iodide pills.

Why?

Most nuclear radiation puts off a bunch of radioactive iodine. Your thyroid sucks it in like a sponge does water and you get sick and die quickly. Potassium Iodide pills seek to overload your thyroid with iodine so that the radioactive isotopes released in a meltdown or detonation have nowhere to collect, hopefully reducing the threat of thyroid based cancer from fallout.

I ordered a 12 pack this year and they're going into my family's stockings this year.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

VirtualPC is an app that emulates windows on Mac OSX. The RedHat install was the stock build for PowerPC architecture, it runs nicely on a Mac.

The key is RAM of course... and the PB17 has 2 gigs

I've since removed RedHat and X-Windows as they were just in the way.

Man!!! I�m shivering -tell me more about it -(2gig ram macosx ) but I'm pothead as for computers ;(

[edit on 8-12-2004 by jazzgul]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Im dam close to a nuclear power plant!.. and i was never issued any of them.

Plant: Indian Point Ny

www.aaenvironment.com...

new topics

top topics

join