It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countdown to Invasion; Libya's Neighborhoods Prepare for NATO's Boots

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
Oh good lord.

There is going to be no land invasion. Just because some people in Libya think there may be, doesn't mean there is going to be. There is going to be no land invasion of Syria either, but that doesn't make for lively debate on here does it?

Although if Turkey has to keep dealing with Syria's nonsense along their border, there may be some fisticuffs to come between those two nations.

edit on 2-7-2011 by Darkrunner because: (no reason given)

Links and sources please.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

Thats what people on ATS said before the invasion of Iraq started, that there will be no ground invasion at iraq at all.

I guess history is repeating itself.

Oh for that person who replied to by claiming the argument the war is for oil and that its lame, look at this.

Libyan War About Oil US Lawyer

Libya For The Oil

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Not going to happen.

Bank on it. Especially with Chinese and Russian interests in the area.

Not going to happen. I'll wager a years salary on that. There will be no US ground invasion of Libya or Syria. And given our NATO allies can't really field a formidable invasion force amongst themselves. So unless Obama can find a way to get around the War Powers Act (which members from both parties are calling him on as of late) this will be an issue. If he were to insist that US ground forces enter Libya or Syria, he may well be setting himself up for impeachment. He is excusing the current bombings as part of supporting our "NATO allies".

Not gonna happen. Stop worrying.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

www.time.com...

Well, if we profited so greatly off of Iraq, I've yet to see it. At least as far as cheap oil is concerned.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
"Take over the oil fields".

This argument is so LAME. It was used for the Iraq war and as everyone has seen, gas is higher and more of the oil contracts have gone to non -NATO/US entities than to them. Why say thisd again? FAIL.

Libya has oil yes, but its not like they are a top 5 producer.

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

You believe the western news networks who always lie about every war

I think CNN would proudly welcome you.

The Invasion in Libya is a clear Regime Change which in the end NATO will take over the oil fields and the water projects Gadaffi has been working on.

Libya its about Oil,

Libya has oil yes, but its not like they are a top 5 producer.

Ah yes they are, but by the mainstream news or widely known to the western public.

Why say thisd again? FAIL.

Why this again? because the manufactured uprisings that took place in the middle east and north Africa is all about Control and the flow of Resources such as the Libyan water projects started by Gadaffi.

Libya is the source of free clean water did you know that i guess apparently not.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Oh good lord.

There is going to be no land invasion. Just because some people in Libya think there may be, doesn't mean there is going to be. There is going to be no land invasion of Syria either, but that doesn't make for lively debate on here does it?

Although if Turkey has to keep dealing with Syria's nonsense along their border, there may be some fisticuffs to come between those two nations.

Links and sources please.

Thank you.

No, lazy one.

See that google bar up there? Use it. Google Syria+Turkey+border+refugees,

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

edit on 2-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: nver mind

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If NATO wants troops on the ground, we will see troops on the ground.
Folks, this is not even worthy of debate. Are we looking for stars here? Are we looking for "I told you so..."?

What do we know? What we read on the internet...yes. But, we also know some facts.
We (should) know that NATO can and will attack innocent people. What do you call an organized group of powerful corporations that fund a militaristic, Mafia-like, government(s) sponsored killing machine?
You should call it NATO, the most powerful Mafia in the world.
As an aside, do you really think it is just happening in the middle east? Are you kidding me! This Octopus has many tentacles.
Do you really have any idea what NATO is going to do? There is no possible way, because this is warfare they are waging on all of us, and many of you don't even know YOU are the enemy, nor do you know you are in a war.
Yet, you somehow know what "they" are going to do....
Let me tell you this. "They" know you won't do #. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

Oh how wonderful your posting an times news article from 2009, the Times Megz have been a strong supporter for the Iraqi war and this there way of defending the actions, if your going to post this as a proof, it isnt.

Iraq was about the oil

#1 Link

Iraq ENERGY Increasing

When we go to war with iran what are you going to claim then? that it was for freedom?
don't make me laugh

My goodness war mongers here on this thread are cheering for war with libya are sure coming in full force today.

And some of you claimed Iraqi war wasn't about the oil? Oh really it wasn't?

Do you believe Iraqis feel liberated now? i didn't think so, there prime minster is a puppet to america, oh lets not the forget the america new Embassy in Baghdad which is the size of the Vatican.

from 2008
Reailty Check

edit on 2-7-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Not going to happen.

Not going to happen. I'll wager a years salary on that. There will be no US ground invasion of Libya or Syria. And given our NATO allies can't really field a formidable invasion force amongst themselves. So unless Obama can find a way to get around the War Powers Act (which members from both parties are calling him on as of late) this will be an issue. If he were to insist that US ground forces enter Libya or Syria, he may well be setting himself up for impeachment. He is excusing the current bombings as part of supporting our "NATO allies".

I hope you are right but there have been signs of a build up

Russian Envoy: NATO Preparing Libyan Ground Invasion

Dmitry Rogozin told RIA Novosti on Friday that NATO is probably preparing a ground invasion to overthrow the Gaddafi regime in Libya. Rogozin is Russia’s NATO envoy.

“I think that now we are witnessing the preparation stage of a ground operation which NATO, or at least some of its members… are ready to begin,” Rogozin said.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Iraq was about the oil

That is such a phenomenal simplification of a complex situation it baffles the mind.

Iraq was (and still is) about security contracts and geopolitics and handsome profits for varied halliburton services, and creating a Western military presence to challenge both Russia and Asia... the list goes on and on and on. It is about FAR more than 'oil'.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

about security contracts and geopolitics and handsome profits for varied halliburton services, and creating a Western military presence to challenge both Russia and Asia... the list goes on and on and on. It is about FAR more than 'oil'.

And thats how libya will look like.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

www.time.com...

Well, if we profited so greatly off of Iraq, I've yet to see it. At least as far as cheap oil is concerned.

So you think it was all about liberation of the Iraqi people and not about what the US would gain in an invasion? Yeah, invasion, not liberation.

Sources please.

Jude11

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
NATO's boots on the ground are the United States boots on the ground, as far as any invasion force. Not gonna happen.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

www.time.com...

So you think it was all about liberation of the Iraqi people and not about what the US would gain in an invasion? Yeah, invasion, not liberation.

Hmm. You didn't address the link. You said it was all about oil. Now shut the hell up. And Time isn't exactly Fox News.

Sources please.

Jude11

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

NATO's boots on the ground are the United States boots on the ground, as far as any invasion force. Not gonna happen.

So in essence, you are saying that NATO is the US?

I agree as do many others.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

In the end, even if they kill Qaddafi (which is exactly what they are trying to do now), Libyans will not allow CIA forces to take over the country. They have no option left, if Qaddafi is killed, the people who support him, which is the vast majority of Libyans will continue the fight to protect the sovereignty of Libya.

What ever you hear in media is called retarded journalism filled with lies and distortion. Then those lies are repeated by Western officials, diplomats, paid commentators to amplify and give it credibility. There was no mercenaries. There was no bombing of protesters (infact Yemen is bombing its own people right now, and CIA drones are helping them, no one cares because the media hasn't attached any emotions to it, nor has anyone amplified the mass murder which is taking place in Yemen).

I predicted long time ago that one of two outcomes are the possibility in Libya. Either a long conflict which will destroy Libya and destroy the living standard of Libyans leading Libya in the same path as Somalia and Afghanistan. Or US will collapse before that happens.

There is no other outcome, even if a regime change takes place, the next phase of the war will begin, and the destruction and blood shed will continue.

Some argue that the racist bigots in Europe who think they hold the crown over Africa just can't accept an African nation with the dignity to work for its people and population rather than uphold Western interests. I'm with them on that, Europe was quick to destroy Libya, and all the suspicion that Europe have been arming their own militia is true.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
Que retaliation from Libya..

The Libya invasion is pointless..

edit on 2-7-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

Not sure what you meant on this. Can you clarify?

Thanks

I think he mixed spanish and english, "Que" means "What". So the sentence would be : "What retaliation with Libya?"

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Not going to happen.

Please U2U me so I can give you my address to send the check.

Thank you.

edit on 3-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

edit on 3-7-2011 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2011 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join