It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countdown to Invasion; Libya's Neighborhoods Prepare for NATO's Boots

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

www.activistpost.com

The neighborhoods in Libya are preparing for a ground invasion and to confront directly the invaders with a plan that one imagines would not be unfamiliar to a General Giap of Vietnam or a Chinese General Lin Peio, being a massive people's defense. It has been organized with a house-by-house, street-by-street defense plan for every neighborhood and will include all available weaponry.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Activist Post Exclusive:

www.activistpost.com...

Looks like the numbers (as always) are not being reported as same. I am not going to say which side is more credible as all Govts. have the ability to skew numbers when it comes to war. Yes I said war. That's what it is and any other label is just that...a label.
www.activistpost.com...
Good video showing Western MSM one sided reporting:

Tripoli, Libya At ten a.m. Tripoli time on 6/28/11 the Libyan Ministry of Health made available to this observer its compilation entitled “Current Statistics Of Civilian Victims Of Nato Bombardments On Libya, (3/19/11-6/27/11).

In summary, the MOH compilation documents that during the first 100 days of NATO targeting of civilians, 6121 were killed or injured. The statistical breakdown is as follows: 3093 Men were injured and 668 were killed. Women killed number 260 and 1318 injured. Children killed number 141 and 641 injured.

The people are arming themselves for NATO coming in on the ground. They don't appear to be willing to lay down on this one and I believe that the Boots on the ground are going to be met with some very violent street fighting.

People from 18-65 are being armed and trained to repel the NATO invasion and it looks like they are going to defend their neighborhoods however they can.

Tripoli’s 3,200 neighborhoods, independently of the Libyan Armed Forces, are intensively preparing for the possibility that NATO forces or those they are seen as increasingly arming and directing, might invade the cosmopolitan greater Tripoli area during the coming weeks or months.

As an independent observer, the reporter seems to have gained the trust of the people and is telling the story from their side.

They appear to this observer to be very well informed about the motives of NATO and those countries that are intensively targeting their leader and their officials without regard to civilians being killed. It’s about oil and reshaping Africa and the Middle East.

This was posted earlier but here is the longer version. It doesn't look to me like what is being reported in the MSM is the whole truth. Supporters by the 100's of 1,000's in favor of what we are led to believe is a ruthless dictator that cares nothing for his people.

This just doesn't seem to be a people that want war. Going to school, working jobs and carrying on with their daily lives while bombs are going off and people are being killed.

Those who begin their duty work one eight-hour shift. Women tend to work during the day when kids are in school but I have seen many women also on the night shift. Most men have regular jobs and proudly explain than they volunteer one work shift daily for their country. They appear to be admired by their neighbors.

www.activistpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Que retaliation from Libya..

The Libya invasion is pointless..

edit on 2-7-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
LOL i'm pretty sure they are going to do that after the air-power they admitted doesn't work.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
Que retaliation from Libya..

The Libya invasion is pointless..

edit on 2-7-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

Not sure what you meant on this. Can you clarify?

Thanks

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
There not gonna be trained quickly enough so shouldn't be a problem for NATO to sweep in there and hold the ground.

Iraq claimes this too but the citizen defense never happened.

Just propaganda they are throwing out there.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I dont blame the people at all. If other countries were invading my homeland, I would fight back with everything I had at my disposal, win or lose, at least I would go down fighting for my country and my sovereignty.

We need to get out of Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, and Pakistan. Let them deal with their own countries the way they want to deal with them. We have enough problems at home that needs taken care of......

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
In march, I posited the idea that the next U.S. base would be in Tripoli.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

(I should start picking lottery numbers)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
I dont blame the people at all. If other countries were invading my homeland, I would fight back with everything I had at my disposal, win or lose, at least I would go down fighting for my country and my sovereignty.

We need to get out of Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, and Pakistan. Let them deal with their own countries the way they want to deal with them. We have enough problems at home that needs taken care of......

Yea that was our philosophy in ww1 and ww2, look what happened there. We still had to get involved at a much greater cost.

Better to deal with stuff before it get's way out of control.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

It seems to be getting more clear everyday that what is being reported in the MSM and what the independent news are two different things.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Well from what I have heard from different sources, NATO troops are killing civilians also and that is the reason we went there, because Ghadaffi was killing civilians. Dont get me wrong, I am not a supporter of this madman, I cant stand him. I just cant and never did understand why we constantly have to be the Worlds Police. Hell, we are broke, but still spending billions on all these wars. We need to take care of us first.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

reply to post by kro32

Well from what I have heard from different sources, NATO troops are killing civilians also and that is the reason we went there, because Ghadaffi was killing civilians. Dont get me wrong, I am not a supporter of this madman, I cant stand him. I just cant and never did understand why we constantly have to be the Worlds Police. Hell, we are broke, but still spending billions on all these wars. We need to take care of us first.

This is perhaps the most reasonable and logical post I have seen.

Just because he isn't liked on the World stage, doesn't mean that the US can just go in and enforce their agendas.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

This whole invasion is because yet another country wanted to sell its own oil in the currency of their choice. Anytime ANY country tries to change the currency away from the american dollar they are attacked. So I would not say its pointless, all they are doing is drawing out the inevitable (the dollar crashing totalty). TPTB really got themselves into a mess from a currency system built on credit. How does this usually end for most? Bankrupt! So the point is if the dollar fails, the us can no longer borrow this invisible money stream that they always have, and then, and only then will TSHTF. All out WW4! So to TPTB, no, its not pointless

edit on 2-7-2011 by AllUrChips because: spelling

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Oh yeah?
What happened in ww1 and ww2?
Same old tired nonsense argument to promote endless warfare. Next, you will be calling someone an "isolationist".
Getting predictable Kro...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
LOL geez i cantr believe folks on ATS buying into the false conspiracy propaganda. There will be NO land invasion. I'll be back -as always, when it doesnt happen to prove myself right once again. Come on ATS, when will you learn? Im 100% thus far. WINNING!!!

edit on 2-7-2011 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
NATO is a criminal organization engaged in war crimes.
If you participate even as a lowly soldier, you are a murderer. Think how you would feel having witnessed your loved ones blown away when they have nothing to do with any war. These people are more innocent than you or I.
Friends, you and I are making this all possible. These psychopaths are going to keep killing.
What do we do? We have to first learn the truth, and then spread the truth. It is the least we can do.
NATO and the Bilderbergers
edit on 2-7-2011 by SirClem because: Spel

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of the NATO-led invasion, but the info in OP sure reads like some straight up propaganda. Libyan's rising up to defend Gaddafi? IS that straight from one of his 'speeches'? RT news is always funny. As if they don't have a clear and apparent anti-western agenda and motive. Grain of salt. As with any news source.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

You believe the western news networks who always lie about every war

I think CNN would proudly welcome you.

The Invasion in Libya is a clear Regime Change which in the end NATO will take over the oil fields and the water projects Gadaffi has been working on.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by mb2591

This whole invasion is because yet another country wanted to sell its own oil in the currency of their choice. Anytime ANY country tries to change the currency away from the american dollar they are attacked. So I would not say its pointless, all they are doing is drawing out the inevitable (the dollar crashing totalty). TPTB really got themselves into a mess from a currency system built on credit. How does this usually end for most? Bankrupt! So the point is if the dollar fails, the us can no longer borrow this invisible money stream that they always have, and then, and only then will TSHTF. All out WW4! So to TPTB, no, its not pointless

So then why were France and the UK the first one to get involved, with the US then much further behind?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by mb2591

So then why were France and the UK the first one to get involved, with the US then much further behind?

All for the news my friend.

People are tired of US invasions so put others in front while being supported by the US from behind and you have a US invasion portrayed as non involvement, Nice huh?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join