It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm addicted to Sugar/Caffeine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Today I came to a realisation that took far too long to realise.

Again I am addicted to copious amounts of sugar and caffeine. If I don't have some form of sugary soft drink within a couple hours of waking up I begin to get headaches. I don't feel normal until I've had an energy drink or can of coke in the day and infact feel sick if I don't get my fix by midday.

I used to be addicted to this crap numerous times in the past, used to be overweight but am now a healthy weight. Its my heart and blood sugar system that I'm worried about. Also my brain, stomach and all my organs.

I am not looking for pity I am merely suggesting that parents strongly discourage their children from consuming energy drinks, sweet foods and fizzy drinks in general. Most on ATS will already do this I'm sure but for those who don't please listen to the following message carefully.

I AM ADDICTED TO *SNIP* sugar and caffeine. I SPEND HALF OF THE MONEY I MAKE ON TOBACCO AND SUGAR. PLEASE DO NOT LET YOUR CHILDREN GET ADDICTED TO THIS CRAP AND DIE BEFORE THEY REACH THE AGE OF 40.

That is all.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2011 by dbates because: Caps lock title edit

edit on July 2nd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: Title changed to better reflect the content. Reference to Crack removed.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'm addicted to cola and I felt dissapointed today ... I bought juice instead of cola and now I have an headache and haven't felt this tired for A LONG time

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I have a real problem, I'm addicted to Caffeine and occasionally Xanax. The Xanax calms my frazzled nerves after I read ATS and GLP all day, We've all got problems; kudos for admitting it, love.
edit on 2-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObvTruth
[SNIP]

You don't have to give me tips on how to get high dude I'm a shaman.
You aren't supposed to talk about mind altering substances by the way, your post will get deleted unless you edit it quicktime.
edit on 2-7-2011 by dbates because: Removed quoted text

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObvTruth
[snip]

There's sound advice...

edit on 2-7-2011 by dbates because: Removed quoted text

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
and the companies win again!!

2nd...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
"Gonna hafta face it I'm addicted to love"

And tobacco.

edit on 2-7-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Pretty much addicted to crack? Come one guys, please be honest in your title. If your are addicted to sugar and sodas then say so in your title. I hate clicking on a dishonestly titled thread. Crack addiction affects my neighborhood is the only reason I clicked. Waste of click and thumbs down on this whiny thread. No S&Fs for anyone in this lame thread.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Some short sighted and ignorant individuals who shall remain namelss, does not know what it is like to be addicted. I am an alcoholic who only admitted the fact to himself recently.. I am ready to seek help and clearly so are you, but it does take time to come to for many people.

Thank you for spreading the message though; just because Sugar is not classed as 'addictive' does not mean that people can have a problem with it. S+F
edit on 2-7-2011 by AtlantisX99 because: Individual(s) - I realised there is more than one.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Again I am addicted to copious amounts of sugar and caffeine. If I don't have some form of sugary soft drink within a couple hours of waking up I begin to get headaches. I don't feel normal until I've had an energy drink or can of coke in the day and infact feel sick if I don't get my fix by midday.

I used to be addicted to this crap numerous times in the past, used to be overweight but am now a healthy weight. Its my heart and blood sugar system that I'm worried about. Also my brain, stomach and all my organs.

You sound like you have a definite problem. Insulin output doesn't work properly anymore.
Instead of the energy drink and/or pop to get your sugar, have you tried to get the sugar from something healthier, like fruit? Or some other type of food that gives a sugar fix, that isn't really sugar.

There's fructose and then there's glucose, and I don't know if one can substitute for the other. It would be worth researching.

You should definitely see a doctor, or at least pick up some blood testing strips and a meter.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
tobacco is easy to quit.. you just have to tell yourself no everytime you think about it and replace that habit with something else for example reading or writing or gameplaying... anything and if you can't quit it's because you have a week mind.. you are not addicted you are just using that as an excuse to feed you habit.

Also caffeine makes you want tobacco more.. so does drinking.

It only takes a few days of strong will to quit and then you wont even think about it and when you do it won't be hard to say no.
edit on 2-7-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Its amazing how available such things are to us today, and hell, even considered socially required! After all, how many times have you heard the saying "talking over coffee" or " lets have drinks". What is even worse is the pharmacutical addictions that are out there. As one poster mentioned xanax, I think of the withdrawal hell I went through just two weeks ago when I ran out of Effexor. My 'scrip finally came in but only after 5 days of nothing at all in my system, and I have now decided I'm going to wean myself off of this drug. I took it for years and years to keep my depression at bay, and now that my world has changed and I don't have the negative people in my life I can now move on. No coffee or Coca Cola in the morning? Everybody RUN... I'm going to be on a warpath until my fix is secured. Yep, thats bad stuff too, so is so much sugar coming in from corn syrup and shady sources. Since the episode two weeks ago though, I've gotten into the habit of drinking much more water. I still have to have at least a little boost in the morning, but I'm down from two cups of coffee and a 20 oz diet mountain dew to just one cup of coffee...and I'm not nearly as explosive with my temper as I used to be, at a third of the meds!!!! You have to learn to master your body and your mind before you can master your world, but it CAN be done!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
tobacco is easy to quit.. you just have to tell yourself no everytime you think about it and replace that habit with something else for example reading or writing or gameplaying... anything and if you can't quit it's because you have a week mind.. you are not addicted you are just using that as an excuse to feed you habit.

Lol well thats bull; I smoke whilst doing all of those things and cannot do them without thinking about smoking.

The thing to break with smoking is the habit, not the addiction. For example, those rituals you had before liek the last smoke before bed or the firs of the morning; THATS when you need to do something different
once you break the habit, the addiction will take care of itself (for smoking, anyway)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Crack ... is not Sugar or Cafeine

edit on 7/2/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
Pretty much addicted to crack? Come one guys, please be honest in your title. If your are addicted to sugar and sodas then say so in your title. I hate clicking on a dishonestly titled thread. Crack addiction affects my neighborhood is the only reason I clicked. Waste of click and thumbs down on this whiny thread. No S&Fs for anyone in this lame thread.

What do you think the 'pretty much' stands for? As far as I'm aware you can't 'Pretty much be addicted to crack' so logic would tell you that I wasn't infact talking about crack itself.

What are you complaining about seriously?
Find something productive to complain about.
Read a book.
Go outside.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

What do you think the 'pretty much' stands for? As far as I'm aware you can't 'Pretty much be addicted to crack' so logic would tell you that I wasn't infact talking about crack itself.

What are you complaining about seriously?
Find something productive to complain about.
Read a book.
Go outside.

I agree with him, it's misleading. and for those who are actually addicted to crack, have a little respect. it's no joke.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Seconded, that title is VERY misleading.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591

Also caffeine makes you want tobacco more.. so does drinking.

It only takes a few days of strong will to quit and then you wont even think about it and when you do it won't be hard to say no.
edit on 2-7-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

Tobacco is easy to quit?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I used lasar therapy to quit smoking
it worked because I wanted it to

coffee and sugar
Tim Hirtons Canadas natianal addiction uses an amino acid which occures naturally in thier choice of beans which makes sugar taste less sweet so they can jam 18 grams of sugar into a double double
so the sugar rush is there massively and you can't taste it.

so high caffein and an xtra untasted sugar buzz...
there is the canadian crack

or did you mean you are hooked on plumbers butt?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join