It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru Facts! plz challenge...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by FATHERBROWN2112

This appears to be mainly an amalgamation of claims made by followers of Sitchin and Lieder. First, the Sumerians only were aware of the naked eye planets. Cylinder Seal VA 243 does not represent the solar system. We know how the Sumerians depicted the Sun and planets. What this particular seal depicts is stars.

Second, nibiru only means "point of crossing." In fact it's not even a Sumerian astronomical term, it's Babylonian. In this case nibiru refers to the highest point of the ecliptic. In other words this is the point of the summer solstice and the constellation that corresponded to that point. This is established in the Enuma Elish. If planets were in this position they would also be referred to as nibiru. In MUL.APIN Jupiter is nibiru, while in Tablets K.6174:9’ and K.12769:6’ it is Mercury.

Third, Elenin is not causing earthquakes. Prior to the Honshu earthquake of this year the last 9.0 EQ was in 2004. Furthermore, if you actually look at the so-called alignments you will notice that there is not a straight line between Elenin, the Sun, and the Earth. Then there's the fact that Elenin is not on the ecliptic which makes an alignment impossible.

Next is the pole shift. The claim is that this planet returns every 3,600 years. Therefore, a pole shift, or true polar wander, as is its proper name, would have occurred numerous times in the past. Such an event would be very apparent when looking at the geological record of the planet. Yet, to date there has been no evidence found to indicate that true polar wander occurs.

As for the so-called Firefox logo connection to Nibiru, that one can be easily dismissed. What is depicted in that picture is supernova remnant G1.9+0.3. It is the youngest supernova remnant that we have found and is currently 25,000 LY away. So, if it's Nibiru it will not be here anytime soon. Especially not by this fall.

I haven't seen these specific "two suns" videos yet. However, if they are like the thousands of others out there then they are either sun dogs or lens flare.

Now onto the claims about brown dwarfs. A brown dwarf can emit light, however it is irrelevant to this argument. A brown dwarf has the same composition as Jupiter. The reason we are able to see Jupiter is because it reflects the light of the Sun. A brown dwarf, having the same composition, would reflect light in the same way. This means we would see it if it were anywhere in the solar system. Furthermore, a planet's temperature has no impact on its reflectivity or luminosity. Pluto is extremely cold, but is in fact very bright for its size. This is due to it being composed mainly of frozen methane which is highly reflective. Finally, a brown dwarf would not be so massive as to bend light. While its mass would be several times greater than Jupiter, it would also be much smaller than our Sun. Last time I checked our Sun was very visible.

Finally we come to CMEs. Presently the Sun is quieter than we've seen it in over a century. Even if it wasn't there is no evidence that connects CMEs to natural disasters. All that may happen is that one that is large enough could disrupt any electronics that are plugged in an on at the time the CME reaches Earth. And to end this post, there is no evidence that a global flood ever occurred. We have evidence of regional flooding, but no flood that covered the entire world in water.

Epic debunk. Well played, sir.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I agree with debunkers only on things that sound unreal and there is absolutely no support for such claims. I.e Nibiru is one of them. Hiding behind the sun and in 2012 suddenly emerging? Not.

For the Sun's solar maximum effect on us: There is no evidence that shows what magnitude it would be for us. Claiming that it will hit us causing disruption to the electrical grid is just speculation, possibility but no evidence or research that it would be exactly so.

The same goes for Betelgeuse (α Orionis). NO one can say when it will turn into supernova and we will see a second sun. It could happen these years or in million years, consider this like a Lottery with random number between numbers from 1 to 10^6.

However, one should point out that the climate is changing for whatever reasons (That I think is silly to think is Global Warming). If you don't agree ask your grandparents what the weather was like before and what it is now, is it doing and acting the way it does in the recent years. The weather IS behaving strange between its usual warming and cooling for season, even people not into these things say that and can notice it.

Does the solar storms have anything to do, I can't say but it's certain the Earth's weather is changing more rapidly than 50 years ago...
edit on 3-7-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Welcome and hope you enjoy.

You should take a listen to this guy - boy is he convincing!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Are you taking under consideration that 3600 years ago it was only 1400 BC?
(that's practically still now in Earth & Space measures)

And nothing specially catastrophic was reported by that time? Just regular facts en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Welcome and hope you enjoy.

www.youtube.com...

Awesome vid. I have the same bad feelings as him. Reminds me of other vids I have seen from ACTUAL astronomers.

Hubble was able to see this thing close up and that's what he seen. The pics of it from Hubble. What I wouldn't do to see them. And hell he even makes me want to make a lead helmet. :/
edit on 3-7-2011 by MasterAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Here is everything you wanted to know about the word nibiru from the most important lexical source available (and for free!): oi.uchicago.edu...

Link to volume 11, N, part 2. Be aware, too, that nibiru's strict transliteration is neberu (begin on page 145 of the pdf file ... bottom right corner of page). Keep in mind also that if there is no definition that fits today's popular conventions/understanding of nibiru, then the Summerians never understood it as such by their own record.

Sources:
M. Heiser, Phd
Wikipedia, Chicago Assyrian Dictionary
Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago

edit on 3-7-2011 by Axebo because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2011 by Axebo because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2011 by Axebo because: inserted page number from pdf file

edit on 3-7-2011 by Axebo because: inserted the "correct" page number

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

Exodus around 1300-1500 b.c? I know its not a natural disaster etc, but its still a big event in biblical jibberish...

2nd
edit on 3-7-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

Exodus around 1300-1500 b.c? I know its not a natural disaster etc, but its still a big event in biblical jibberish...

Certainly Exodus was taking place back then. And it surely produced a huge, immense, impact to our World.
But not in geological nor astronomical sense, which what OP seemed to suggest.

So - Im with you. Due to History and Casuistry I'd be a lot more apt to believe in a new Exodus than in a geological catastrophe of Deep Space origin.

edit on 3/7/11 by AboveTheTrees because: grammar!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

And might i suggest you read the manners and decorum on the site before you post again......

Its responses like that , that bring down this site

Perhaps the OP doesnt have the greatest knowledge on some things, which is fine, and he INDEED might be very young, but you probably didnt think about that before you snapped his head off.......

OP some interesting theories, some i feel are off base, but keep digging, thats where it all starts!

Good job! and welcome to ATS

Nicely put, I have seen several very sarcastic reply to numerous post maybe a few of you are smarter than the rest or think you are smarter but hey its a forum and it for learning
PEACE. Nways here is a new blog on the subject of Nibiru/Elenin etc.

What you guys think?

alamongordo.com...

The ELENIN Timeline – Road to the EndTime !
Posted by Alamongordo on June 11th, 2011 | 39 Comments
The Elenin Timeline !
Elenin, the so-called “Comet” that is heading for Earth at the moment is coming closer and closer ! Rumours go that it should be visible by the end of August 2011 and would look like a “second sun” from Earth ! I made a complete timeline of alignments between ELENIN and the Earth together with other planets, check it out and see for yourself : Everytime the “dwarf star” aligns with earth and one of the other planets, moon or sun in our solarsystem there is a large Earthquake ! In my timeline i only placed Earthquakes larger than 6,0 magnitude !
2004 Dec 28
Earth Mercury Venus alignment trigger the massive 9,1 Magnitude Earthquake in Indonesia followed by a large Tsunami, Elenin has nothing to do with this quake as far as i could see but i still want to mention it, it happened during a Full Moon !
2007 Apr 01
Elenin Earth Mars alignment triggers a massive 8,1 Magnitude Earthquake on the Solomon Island, also during a Full Moon !

edit on Sun, 03 Jul 2011 09:52:32 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

edit on Sun Jul 3 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

I stopped listening at the word "astromoners."

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by afp928

1. No history on Leonid Elenin or very little, then break his name up ) Leonid (S) = The Leonids are a prolific meteor shower associated with the comet Tempel-Tuttle. ELE NiN = we all know the answer. Can't they make up a better name,? Like John Smith or a Russian equivalent!

No history on you. Do you exist? Leonid was the first name of the Soviet leader when Leonid Elenin was born. It would be like an American born in the 1950's being named "Dwight." Elenin is the name of a town in Bulgaria. There are a lot of people in Eastern Europe with that surname. For all practical purposes, Leonid Elenin is the Russian equivalent of "John Smith.

2: NASA JPL data trustworthy?

The idiots who believe that comets cause earthquakes stake their entire case on it.

3: There is ELEnin, Honda and Levy coming later this year ( how fluky is that, and around the same time ) What are the odds?

Certainty. A dozen or more new comets are discovered every year. Almost none of them ever make the news because, usually, no-one but astronomers care.

4: This one for me stands out why is there another orbit on the swiss franc?

Because it commemorates Leonhard Euler:

His work in astronomy was recognized by a number of Paris Academy Prizes over the course of his career. His accomplishments include determining with great accuracy the orbits of comets and other celestial bodies, understanding the nature of comets, and calculating the parallax of the sun.

en.wikipedia.org...

So someone somewhere knows what is going on!

Just not you, apparently.

We might not have conclusive data as to when Nibiru will return could be this fall, 2012 or 2222 or 2121 or 2111 we just don't know!! For me I will wait and see if we do get 3 days of darkness between Sept 25 to 28 (GTM I suppose ) and the SHTF predictions for Aug.

Any debukers or people with new info?

Any Nibiru cultists with new info?

edit on 3-7-2011 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct formatting.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by afp928

1. No history on Leonid Elenin or very little, then break his name up ) Leonid (S) = The Leonids are a prolific meteor shower associated with the comet Tempel-Tuttle. ELE NiN = we all know the answer. Can't they make up a better name,? Like John Smith or a Russian equivalent!

No history on you. Do you exist? Leonid was the first name of the Soviet leader when Leonid Elenin was born. It would be like an American born in the 1950's being named "Dwight." Elenin is the name of a town in Bulgaria. There are a lot of people in Eastern Europe with that surname. For all practical purposes, Leonid Elenin is the Russian equivalent of "John Smith.

2: NASA JPL data trustworthy?

The idiots who believe that comets cause earthquakes stake their entire case on it.

3: There is ELEnin, Honda and Levy coming later this year ( how fluky is that, and around the same time ) What are the odds?

Certainty. A dozen or more new comets are discovered every year. Almost none of them ever make the news because, usually, no-one but astronomers care.

4: This one for me stands out why is there another orbit on the swiss franc?

Because it commemorates Leonhard Euler:

His work in astronomy was recognized by a number of Paris Academy Prizes over the course of his career. His accomplishments include determining with great accuracy the orbits of comets and other celestial bodies, understanding the nature of comets, and calculating the parallax of the sun.

en.wikipedia.org...

We might not have conclusive data as to when Nibiru will return could be this fall, 2012 or 2222 or 2121 or 2111 we just don't know!! For me I will wait and see if we do get 3 days of darkness between Sept 25 to 28 (GTM I suppose ) and the SHTF predictions for Aug.

Any debukers or people with new info?

Any Nibiru cultists with new info?

edit on 3-7-2011 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct formatting.

Thanks Dwight! So the extra orbit on the swiss Franc is just ?? "Because it commemorates Leonhard Euler:

His work in astronomy was recognized by a number of Paris Academy Prizes over the course of his career. His accomplishments include

[determining with great accuracy the orbits of comets and other celestial bodies, understanding the nature of comets]

and calculating the parallax of the sun.

en.wikipedia.org... "

So he knew !! If that is the explanation what did LE discover?
When the printed that Swiss Franc the comet was not discovered also it's orbit was unknown.

Have you seen a 10 swiss franc? Let me guess that is a security feature!

You got that right thats why I am here on ATS trying to learn and if it brothers you well take me out back and shoot me, PS: I exists do you?

edit on 3-7-2011 by afp928 because: just edit

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

wow... this brown dwarf could be up to 10-30 times bigger than Jupiter. and thats a SMALL brown dwarf. it cloaks itself with its MASS and emits + protons to help also. its only visible in the infrared light range and its temperature is -460 farenheight. thats why we cant see it YET. BUT, the infrared energy it emits is causing the poles to melt on earth, mars and the moons of jupiter.

"you can FEEL the heat, but not SEE it..."

So your saying that "Nibiru" is -460F (almost absolute zero) yet you say it gives of heat? Impossible, that is like saying the sun is a billion degree but freezes everything in the solar system.

its soooo dense it can literally BEND/ABSORB LIGHT and WONT be visible until it steps in front of the sun

If this Brown dwarf was dense enough to absorb light it would have destroyed the solar system long before it entered it.

Nibiru Facts! Plz challenge

What facts? I don't see any in this thread.

ALS

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
the only sentence that the words "facts" and "nibiru" belong together in is:

"There are no facts about the idea of Nibiru. To state otherwise is absolutely infantile"

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

ALSO the sacred numbers 12 and 7 come from the exsistance of this planet which is called "nibiru" which literally means "planet of the crosssing" because it CROSSES our orbit! count the sun, moon and planets out to PLUTO and you get 11! add the Great Planet in and you get 12! so NO GREAT PLANET, NO 12 hours, 12 tribes, 12 inches, 12 in a dozen AND NO 360 degrees in a circle! i could go on and on....

So, if this Great Planet doesnt exist then we would just move straight from 6 to 8 and then 11 to 13? 12 and 7 dont "exist" because of a Planet. they are simply the next representation of a quantity on an infinite number line. And a quick Google search on the origins of standard units of measurement and time will reveal the origins of 12 hour days and 12 inches in a foot. Not once was a Great Planet ever mentioned. As for twelve tribes? Reference the Bible. Again, no great planet.

I'm genuinely intrigued by the possibility of a large object orbiting our sun such as a brown dwarf star, but you've made a pretty incoherent arguement as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Interesting enough read, especially for a first post!

Welcome friend, enjoy your stay

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I wonder if when Earth is effected by this phenomenal object, you know all wannabe astronomers might wipe that smug smile of your face. Astronomers with 50 years plus experience know what it is. Try realizing that a person with no access to the latest technologies wouldn't have a clue what it is. Just because you read a debunk, doesnt make you an expert. I have seen many pics and videos and it all leads to the same thing. This is going to get extremely close, we ARE going to pass through its tail and it dense iron properties are most definitely going to effect the only thing keeping us alive, our magnetosphere.

Pictures I have seen so far show no tail, large enough in comparison to objects around us. It's going to speed up as it uses the sun to propell itself for another journey on it's orbit. It's going to wrestle magnetic polarity.

I can't wait until we can see this thing with our own eyes. Simply amazing. Its coming.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterAndrew

I wonder if when Earth is effected by this phenomenal object, you know all wannabe astronomers might wipe that smug smile of your face. Astronomers with 50 years plus experience know what it is. Try realizing that a person with no access to the latest technologies wouldn't have a clue what it is. Just because you read a debunk, doesnt make you an expert. I have seen many pics and videos and it all leads to the same thing. This is going to get extremely close, we ARE going to pass through its tail and it dense iron properties are most definitely going to effect the only thing keeping us alive, our magnetosphere.

Actually, I am an astronomer with only 40 years of experience and I do know what it is. It's a comet. Just because you read blogs and watch ill-informed videos doesn't make you an expert. We are quite possibly going to pass through the comet's tail, but where you get the mistaken impression that it's composed of "dense iron" is beyond me. Even if it were leaving a trail of iron filings, the magnetosphere would be in no danger.

Pictures I have seen so far show no tail, large enough in comparison to objects around us. It's going to speed up as it uses the sun to propell itself for another journey on it's orbit. It's going to wrestle magnetic polarity.

Photographs show that it's coma is expanding normally. The tail will develop as it grows closer to the Sun. The comet will accelerate as it draws nearer to the Sun; that's just how gravity works. you make it sound like an effort of will on the comet's part. "It's going to wrestle magnetic polarity" doesn't even make sense, even if it were magnetic.

I can't wait until we can see this thing with our own eyes. Simply amazing. Its coming.

I agree with the sentiment, I would love to see another "naked eye" comet, but unfortunately projections indicate it may only reach 6th magnitude, making it difficult to see anywhere near civilization.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Actually, I am an astronomer with only 40 years of experience and I do know what it is. It's a comet. Just because you read blogs and watch ill-informed videos doesn't make you an expert. We are quite possibly going to pass through the comet's tail, but where you get the mistaken impression that it's composed of "dense iron" is beyond me. Even if it were leaving a trail of iron filings, the magnetosphere would be in no danger.

Photographs show that it's coma is expanding normally. The tail will develop as it grows closer to the Sun. The comet will accelerate as it draws nearer to the Sun; that's just how gravity works. you make it sound like an effort of will on the comet's part. "It's going to wrestle magnetic polarity" doesn't even make sense, even if it were magnetic.

I agree with the sentiment, I would love to see another "naked eye" comet, but unfortunately projections indicate it may only reach 6th magnitude, making it difficult to see anywhere near civilization.

I'm an Astronomy student with around 6 years of exp plus the offschool personal interest and observation and I can tell well enough that Nibiru is a complete joke, as when asked 'Where is Nibiru since it is supposed to arrive in 2012' - the answer is - 'it hides between the sun' - which sounds ridiculous.

As for what affects the orbit of Neptune and that of bodies in the Kuiper Belt which again Nibiru promoters claim is this fictious planet/gas cloud, has yet to be confirmed. One of the furthest planet dwarfs located around 3 times the distance of Pluto to the sun is Sedna. I don't think a planet even larger than Jupiter if ever existing, would cause any eccentricity to the orbits of Neptune, objects beyond, as when there is nothing else around Sedna, a big planet would be even farther and the graviational force would not be 'felt' for any of our known planets. Or if a Planet is attracted by our galaxy, though I haven't heard of such.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join