It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microwaves Alter Nutrients in Bad Way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Well, this is good to know. I guess this medical clinic report has totally change my perception at the way I look at microwave and how beneficial they are for cooking my food. So much for my history professor saying how the microwave oven has made women's lives easier, I only wish I could share this story with her about trading health with radiation. This didn't come as a shock to me completely since I've had x-ray, which can damage my dna. It is a good thing I don't use the microwave. This reminds me of radiation damaging our cells to create cancer. As a living creature that has bacteria in him and eat bacteria that are beneficial, radiation killing bacteria is bad new to hear. Everyone take care!

I think the microwave deform nutrients from the article. = “Of all the natural substances–which are polar–the oxygen of water molecules reacts most sensitively. This is how microwave cooking heat is generated–friction from this violence in water molecules. Structures of molecules are torn apart, molecules are forcefully deformed, called structural isomerism, and thus become impaired in quality. “This is contrary to conventional heating of food where heat transfers convectionally from without to within. Cooking by microwaves begins within the cells in molecules where water is present and where the energy is transformed into frictional heat.”

Read full story @ www.veteranstoday.com...

Dr. Hertel is the first scientist to conceive and carry out a quality clinical study on the effects of microwaved nutrients on the blood and physiology of human beings. This small, but well controlled study, pointed a firm finger of degenerative force at microwave ovens and the food produced in them. The conclusion was clear: microwave cooking changed the nutrients so that changes took place in the participants’ blood that were not healthy changes, but were changes that could cause deterioration in the human systems.

Once the volunteers were isolated at the resort hotel the test began. Blood samples were taken from every volunteer immediately before eating. Then blood samples were taken in defined intervals after eating from the above numbered milk or vegetable preparations. Significant changes were discovered in the blood of the volunteers in the sampling from intervals following the foods cooked in the microwave oven. These changes included a decrease in all hemoglobin values and cholesterol values, especially the HDL (good cholesterol) and its ratio to LDL (bad cholesterol). Lymphocytes (white blood cells) showed a more distinct short term decrease following the intake of microwaved food than after the intake of all the other variants. Each of the indicators pointed in a direction away from robust health and toward degeneration; a degeneration, Dr. Hertel stressed, that paralleled the kind of physiological degeneration that is typical of the beginnings of chronic and metabolic diseases such as the two biggest killers of all–cancer and heart disease.

edit on 2-7-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Thanks for confirming my suspicions.. It seems that everything that isn't naturally occurring in nature has bad side effects.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Did you know that Russia banned microwaves?
I wonder if it was a sense of care for their public or was it because you can use it as a lethal weapon, and it wouldn't be detectable?

Did you also know that WIFI is basically a microwave, it is about the same Megahertz. SO basically you are microwaving yourself -any wonder that society has increasing levels of cancer and heart disease?

I have got rid of ours, the connection is so much better anyway.

So stay away from WIFI hotspots it's as bad as a smoking area.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
My mum doesn't use microwaves since she started reading up on Aryuvedic (traditional, ancient Hindu medicine) which completely rules out the use of that gadget.

Here's a few reasons on this site that literally show some of the dangers of using microwaves, from microwaved blood killing a patient to a Swiss Clinic study: Click here

Carcinogenic free radicals apparently form and this causes the decrease in nutritional value. Well the first 3 former words...mean very very bad news. Anyone who studied Chemistry should know that free radicals cause a lot of damage to the membrane of cells. Carcinogenic is something that we always relate to cancer...And since we all go on about radiation...microwaves are electromagnetic waves...radiation occurs. So all this radiation builds up in your body and BAM, it starts slowly altering possibly your cells etc (after prolonged uses.)

Just use the gas

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
So I'm supposed to heat my food in my chemical laced oven ?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

You can choose between the lesser of two evils, I suppose.

I don't recall my oven being chemical laced, although I would imagine that the off-gassing of my burning propane pollutes the air somewhat, but I can ventilate my house to rid it of toxins.

You can't eliminate all the harmful radiation and chemical attacks on your delicate body, but you can do what is within your means to mitigate their effects.

My microwave oven died about three years ago and I never replaced it. I have a meter that registers microwave radiation and I can tell you with no exaggeration that microwave ovens bleed out radiation that can be detected many yards away from the oven as well as through walls.

Our bodies are used to heat radiation...they are not equipped to withstand the onslaught of living in the electromagnetic soup we find ourselves in this day and age.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Our bodies are used to heat radiation...they are not equipped to withstand the onslaught of living in the electromagnetic soup we find ourselves in this day and age.

This would mean that our sun should kill us as soon as we place one foot out side our door.

We are cosmically bombarded by electromagnetic soup of the universe all of the time 24/7 but yet we live up to 120 years that's the oldest person on the planet.

Microwaves are just a small part of the bigger picture to what we are exposed to every day.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsettica

This would mean that our sun should kill us as soon as we place one foot out side our door.

We are cosmically bombarded by electromagnetic soup of the universe all of the time 24/7 but yet we live up to 120 years that's the oldest person on the planet.

Microwaves are just a small part of the bigger picture to what we are exposed to every day.

Hertel responded: “The microwaves from the sun are based on principles of pulsed direct current. These rays create no frictional heat in organic substance.”

Our sun is harmless! Although that is because the earth's magnetic field is protecting us from harmful radiation.
edit on 2-7-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Microwaves indeed are evil, the original Magnetron initially was invented to be a torture device, and somehow managed to find it's way on shelves everywhere for home cooking. So, common sense can tell you that it's definitely not a good thing, I don't need a scientist to confirm that. Besides, the food that people buy is already pretty well horrible for you, might as well make it even worse by nuking it up in a box of death and gag it down the hatch! They are especially evil if you heat something up with a Styrofoam plate or container. That's proven to cause free radicals time and time again. I use to work on appliances for a living, so I do know a bit on the evil devices. The regulations to be certified to work on one is quite extensive. And for a good reason. They are deadly in a very slow way. Yet majority of the population... at least people I know, use them everyday and think it's a great time saving invention. Oh it will save you time all right, later down the road when you die years before you were originally meant to.

Here's a lovely story of my own...
Was about 3 years ago, and alot of crazy things were happening around my house. Weird foot prints in the snow, crazy dreams, and coincidences from beyond as well. I go outside to get my mail, and I open the door to go back inside and my microwave was running all by it's self. I literally yelled WTF! and it immediately stopped right after I cursed out loud. I definitely did not turn it on before going outside. So, after that point I immediately threw it away and have never used one again. After I got rid of the microwave, the other strange things stopped happening as well. I am not blaming it for everything else weird that happened, but it definitely had to go. I already knew before the whole ordeal they were not good to have/use at all. But it seemingly being possessed made me realize I have got to stop using these devices from hell. I would love for them to be outlawed all over the world. There simply is no such thing as instant gratification without some consequences. I wish people could realize that.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Even 50 years ago our bodies were not exposed to nearly the level of EM that they are now, artificial, not natural background radiation, and seems to be growing exponentially. We are also dying of cancer at an alarming rate-1 in 4 will contract cancer in their lifetime.

But...so what? Keep that cell phone stuck to your ear, use that microwave oven and stand right in front, live close to radio and cell towers, pump that wi-fi into your home, make sure they install that smart-meter on your house, too.

Some of us DO care and do want to learn how to mitigate the damage that our modern living seems to be doing to our bodies, and appreciate the information on how to make that happen.

The rest of you carry on, business as usual...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Got rid of my microwave a couple of years ago, wife wasn't to happy, but I do most of the cooking.
There is a way anyone can find out the results of microwaved consumeables.
1. Get three plants and water.
2. Use tap water or bottled water on one.
3 Boil 3 min. tap or bottled water on the second. (let it cool)
4. Microwave 3 min. tap or bottled water for the third (let it cool)

If anyone would care to try this please post your results.
Thank you.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I try to do the minimal amount of nuking my food. But in this day and age of on the go lifestyles, who really has the time to do it the natural way it really does take a long time to do it like nature intended, or more naturally.

But ya I noticed that microwaving my food seemed to effect my body long ago, I have since gotten used to it, but still I try to use it less and less. # I don't even own a cell phone, and unless I need it for something or its necessary, usually for such things as work related stuff. Other then that, I just don't use one at all.

But yes these little things like microwaves do effect our bodies slowly, though are bodies are pretty versatile and get used to it and adapt eventually, but overdoing 24/7 all day long is not good for you. In fact I'm trying to cut back my time on the net as well, but ATS does make it hard to cut back on that though.

But all in all the body adapts, and as long as its not in high doses, they wont even notice what is up with microwaves, or that things are changing.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

yes, contrary to popular belief, cellphones haven't rendered us extinct yet...

still, external exposure to radiation and eating microwaved food are two different animals.certain materials will undergo accelerated chemical reactions and release toxins when microwaved, so if the packaging goes into the microwave, all bets are off and it might as well cause reactions in the food, too.

most of the time, it's used to heat processed food, so i can see why it leads to an unhealthy diet....

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Ever heard of a Grill ?

Only been around for i dunno a few thousand years.

top topics

join