It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque taking over old church in my town

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
reply to post by beezzer

I'm not trying to defend Islam or any religion for that matter. I just want to point out that once you start more emphasis on one religion then the door is opened to do it to them all. All or nothing.

Also, No I don't think Romney could push his religion if he wanted to. America is diverse enough to hopefully never allow the dominance of one religion.

I agree. Please don't misunderstand me. When I say islam is a political ideology disguised as a religion, I mean that they use the freedoms that protect religions in western cultures to push their political ideology.

I don't see that in other cultures. Some may bring up the Vatican, but they are open about it.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AudioGhost

Because it shouldn't have been done to the Japanese in the first place.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

edit on 2-7-2011 by spyder550 because: redacted

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Islam is a political ideology disguised as a religion.

If it were just a simple thing like a religion, then it'd be no big deal.

Nonsense - that is an ignorant statement.

A really simple search cause Im low on time

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

Nonsense - that is an ignorant statement.

A really simple search cause Im low on time

en.wikipedia.org...

This thread isn't on christian terrorism, but nice try in changing the narritive.
Fail.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I say leave them alone and allow them to worship whom ever they like. This practice is the reason why there is a christian based church on every corner where I live.
I don't think any background check is needed. If you start a background check with these people then you will also need to check all the Catholic, Baptist, LDS etc attendees also. It would only be fair.

You can't just single one group out because their beliefs are different. I'm pretty sure this Mosque isn't looking for any special attention just the right to worship how they see fit. As long as they don't interfere with anyone else then so be it.

I say leave them alone and allow them to worship whom ever they like. This practice is the reason why there is a christian based church on every corner where I live. I don't think any background check is needed. If you start a background check with these people then you will also need to check all the Catholic, Baptist, LDS etc attendees also. It would only be fair.

I say no to that because i view it as a silent conquest, just look what the Muslims are doing with the Mosques in eupore you barely cant even tell its eupore.

Now when The Muslims in the Saudi Kingdom or in other hardcore middle east countries started accepting Churches i may re take on what i have said.
edit on 2-7-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I hope yall enjoy the call to prayer.

luckily here in the south, the sob's steer clear of small towns. They arent liked and they know it. BTW, are your city "leaders"
ready to unass a bunch of christian graves as they did in Britain? Its coming.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now. Let the "south" bashing begin about how we are "so intolerant". Dont really care. Yall can keep the flash mobs. WE shoot looters.
edit on 2/7/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Who cares.. there is a converted Catholic church down the road from me that has been converted into a Mexican lounge and bar. So I'm pretty sure an old church could be used for far worse things than a place of worship (which is what it was to begin with??)
edit on 7/2/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Most Muslims are very peaceful and I just don't get the stance some of those church leaders in the quotes are taking in demanding background checks.

Do they check black people to make sure they're true Americans?

I'm not a follower of Islam nor do I particularly like religion as a concept but if the church was abandoned then I don't see why it can't be put to good use and continue being a house of faith even if it's a different religion.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

TheLieWeLive and I have been talking about this matter. I am personally not at war with them, however the American government is at war with islamic extremists so because of how hard it is to determine who the extremists are and who the normal everyday law abiding citizens are I suggested we check them out.

TheLieWeLive just pointed out the FBI keeps tabs on such gatherings which makes me feel better.

I have nothing against the Muslims, I used to live in Irish town (the flatts of carnegie) and would sell cookies outside my grandmothers house when I was a kid and there was one lady who was in full dress that would buy cookies off me all the time. I wasn't scared of her then, I just thought she was wearing a fancy dress, and I'm not scared now.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You could say that about a few religions. How many people do you know that vote for someone because they are of a certain religion? For example how many Mormons do you think will vote for Mitt Romney? I'm gonna guess and say many.

P.S. I am in no way attacking Latter Day Saints, just using it as an example.
edit on 2-7-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

Good point. But would a Romney push for mormon idelogy across the land? Would a mormon leader try to influence the neighborhood, the state, the country like islamic ideology does?

No, but Christians have tried--throughout history--to push their own Christian ideology (also through force and violence, through torture and through the sword) across lands and continents. And some still try to push their own christian ideology across the land. Although not necessarily through force, they try to push their ideologies in government, communities, and let it influence decisions and policy.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Now that you mention it one church became an upclass bar, which is now closed. Another was made into a banquet center were we had our football banquet when I was a senior and it just opened. It's sad and rather ironic because my Jr High football coach, Rev. Clark, was the religous leader of that church.

What bothers me is how there isn't protest about churches being changed for bars, nightclubs, or places to hold a concert. However once they are converted to another religeon everyone freaks out.

I'm all for using the buildings if no one is going to use them, but it would just seem wierd getting hammered and hitting on a girl then look up and see jesus on the cross.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Last I checked it wasn't a war against islamic extremist. It was a war against terror. So there isn't christian terrorist? Or atheist?

edit on 3/7/2011 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Mmm, the story of capitalism. Gotta love it

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
If the property is abandoned and is not currently being used let someone enjoy it.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Some could argue that Christianity is to with its blatant political undertones.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
Infiltrate the mosque and keep tabs on everything they do... what? Let's see how they like it.

Would you want some outsider infiltrating your house of worship for the sole purpose of intelligience gathering? No.

How about at least 1 person per block attends at least 1 service.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
This is the United States of America. The very Constitution that protects my rights protects the rights of ALL Americans. I may not believe the wat others do, I may not live the way others do, BUT they have a right to live as they see fit within the bounds of the law of the land.

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness... that is all that any decent person wants for themselves and their families.

As for the undecent peoples that want to destroy, distort, and undermine our way of life....that is why we have the 2nd Ammendment.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Im not saying all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims

What an ignorant comment
How does he even know that all terrorists are muslims ? How does he even know terrorists exist, does he know them all ? every single one of them, therefore he can say this comment with some conviction ? Or is it just his ideaology grooming kicking in, herp muslims, there terrorists derp, hate them. Yeah nice......

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
If the property is abandoned and is not currently being used let someone enjoy it.

It amazes me. There are empty churches all around here and they are just eyesores. If the Christians were so concerned with these churches they would not be abandoned. I do not understand one single argument for leaving the church empty instead of allowing other Americans of a different religion to repurpose it. This thread is nuts.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join