It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myth of the two state solution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Caroline Glick sums it all up.

How did we get to where we are today? Why are there so many people calling for a "two state solution", when not one Arab party; neither the more moderate mahmoud abbas and his fatah, nor the more hostile Hamas has acknowledged the right of the Jewish state to exist.

Chaim Weizmann, the first president of Israel once said "We will take a state even if it is the size of a tablecloth". What he meant by this was that the Arabs rejected a Jewish state of ANY size.

With this fact known, and established for now over 100 years...What are these INSANE calls for a 2 state solution really about? The Arabs have no intention to live peaceably with a Jewish state. They rejected one in 1948, and they continue to reject one today.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
There already was a two state solution. The arabs got Transjordan(80% of the mandate) and the rest was supposed to go to the Jews(20%). The arabs/muslims were not satisfied with that and never will be satisfied until either we and Israel are destroyed or they are.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Ever notice how "opponents" of the Palestinians (if you can be such a thing), or supporters of what the Israeli state is doing to the Palestinians seem to be either Christian zionists (doing it for religious reasons) or Jewish Zionists?

I mean, on the other side you get Palestinians, obviously, and Muslims too, of course, but you ALSO get Christians, Jews, Buddhists, atheists, whatever.
But on the other side it is overwhelmingly Christian Zionists or Jewish Zionists

edit on 2-7-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Nonsense. I'm an atheist and I recognize the sovereignty of Israel, and it is not because I believe they are the chosen people, or that Israel is their chosen land. Instead, it is because I recognize their right to exist as an autonomous state. How they handle the conflict with in-state and neighboring Palestinians is up to them, not the United States or the United Nations, and it certainly isn't up to Barack Obama.

Why don't people recognize that the Palestinian's already have their own state? The nation of Jordan is estimated to be 75 to 80% Palestinian, yet we still get arguments in support of a "Palestinian" state.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Judge_Holden

So you support the illegal settlements, the destruction of Palestinian homes and the excessive heavy-handedness of the Israeli military against even civilian Palestinians?

I don't see why a non-Jewish person who was a resident of what is now "Israel" should have to move and emigrate to Jordan because you think that they're the same thing. I mean, after all...all blacks came recently from Africa. Why don't they just go back?

I'd agree that non-interference would be a nice thing, except that...oops, wait, the greatest military aid to any country from the US? Israel.
edit on 2-7-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
A tablecloth huh....

The Maps tell the TRUE story

The "myth" is that Israel consists of peaceful God worshippers in the midst of evil Islamic radicals.
This is called Koolaid for a reason. If you believe it, you are ignorant...aka, Koolaid drinkers.

Fortunately, there is a cure for you OP., and those that buy into this big lie. It is called an EDUCATION.

Start here.
Sometimes the truth stinks.

Expand you horizons. Learn some truth. Don't be exploited like a cheap whore, anymore. Even a whore knows when she is spat upon.

The Mask

Read. Educate yourself and others.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
So what is your alternative to a two state solution.
a) Creating a bi-national state with a majority Arab representation, thus removing the Jewish state
b) Creating a Jewish-Military Dictatorship in the West Bank and Gaza
c) Killing a bunch of Arabs and forcing a mass exodus of the rest

I really don't see any other alternative to the solution of the Israel-Arab conflict other than a two state solution. Unless of course you advocate mass genocide, hate democracy and love military dicatorships or want to surrender Jewish hegemony in Israel: Is it safe for me too assume you don't want any of these three options, or do you really hate Muslims so much you want them either dead or expeled from their own homes?

A two-state solution is sustainable and the only solution for a just and lasting peace. With the conclusion of the June-1967 war we have seen a steady trend of Arab acceptance towards Israel with only small fringe elements mostly motivated by ideological beliefs, denouncing the rejecting the existence of an Israel state.
Since 1967: Egypt has signed a peace treaty with Israel and they gradually normalized relations despite the unpopularity of doing so. The PLO recognized Israels right to exist, denounced violence and established a peace dialouge with Israel (Oslo and Oslo II) on the basis of UN resolutions 242 and 228. However the election of Benyamin Netanyahu in 1996 saw these peace accords and agreements diminish and dictated the rise and increased influence of Hamas. Jordan established a warm peace with Israel, despite its unpopularity amongst many Arabs. Even Syria under the Assad regime during the reign of Rabin, Peres and Netanyahu opened talks with Israel, although these collapsed under Netanyahu as he did no meet the agreements established by Peres and Rabin in word.

The Arab states especially those surrounding Israel has come to accept that Israel is here to stay, while they may ideologically and in spirit never cease their desire for Arab hegemony of Israel, they have came to realise that they have no power to destroy Israel. Israel has succesfully established the Iron Wall which Ze'ev Jabotinsky the most famous revionist Zionist discussed. If he himself (I belive) was in the historic position of Israeli regional dominance and power, he would purse the two-state solution with Israel returning to the pre-June 1967 borders, possibly with agreements on mutual landswaps in order for Israel to maintain a few small key strategic positions (although this would not be necassary) and the demilitarization of Palestine with joint agreements on fighting Islamic fundementalism. Israel is in a historic situation- the Israel-Palestine conflict is at the centre of the Arab-Israeli conflict and it is time for Israel to recognize this fact. It is time Israel choose Peace or Land. They are the major power in this conflict, and their pursuit of more power (land-settlemnts) and ultimate security has and is creating insecurity amongst the Arab camp- which in turn may mean that the Arab camp will purse counter measures to escape Israeli power, which they would see as being self defence (prime examples are Syria and Iran funding Hezb' allah). This pursuit of power creates a vicous cycle of power accumilation and insecurity which is in turn counter productive to Israeli security.

What other peacefull solution other then a two state solution which would not require the displacement and possibly death of thousands of Palestinians, is there? It is clear that if Israel is to remain democratic or Jewish it cannot absorb the Arab population of Gaza and the West Bank.

new topics

top topics

join