It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says ending tax breaks required to cut deficit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
How about asking "the poor" to pay ANY taxes. Currently almost half of the electorate pays no income taxes at all.

Everyone pays taxes. You have any kind of proof to go with your amazing claim?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

How about asking "the poor" to pay ANY taxes. Currently almost half of the electorate pays no income taxes at all.

Right!! Let's make them pay tons more in taxes and continue to give tax breaks to corporations who already explout the system with tax havens and are creating no jobs in America?

You think this is good way to run an economy? Do you not give a crap about the rest of the people in this country?
edit on 2-7-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

I always laugh when I hear people cry about taxes then complain about the bad economy. History shows that when taxes go up the economy goes up. When tax breaks are given the economy goes down. Clinton raised taxes just a little and had a surplus Bush came in office gave out the tax breaks and everything started to go down hill.

Only if you're using GDP......

Raise taxes for the rich to 100%, middle class at 95%, and the poor at 90% and our economy would look beyond amazing. Although we would all live in misery.

Alot of America is in misery now so what would be the difference? So it's ok for part of America to be in misery just leave the wealthy out it? Like the old saying goes you reap what you sow.

I never said that.

You said with higher taxes the economy goes up, but that is only true if you're looking at GDP figures.

link   
reply to post by David9176

Don't argue with sleepwalkers. They feign being awake and enlightened. Waking them to the reality of the conflict theory will frighten them. When it comes to the economic system, they are products of the Red Scare. They are victims of a huge psy ops conducted by the US in order to fight the USSR within the minds of every citizen. Their waking up will take time. Until then, let them be. Words and phrases like economic equality or equal levels of taxation frighten them to the core. Let them be.

I'm looking at you, tea friends.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah, to hell with it. Let's just let corporations do whatever the hell they want. They are doing a hell of a job. They love China so much I'm sure they'd love the same conditions here.

Let's go the opposite way and destroy minimum wage....that's tyrannical forcing businesses to pay a minimum amount. hell, that's just a hidden tax right?

I'm sick of all the bull.

Let's get rid of all safety laws too, this is tyrannical. How can we force businesses to keep workers safe? It costs them money. It's basically just another tax.

Knee-jerk much?

How about not taxing so much. I'm sure you can build a house of cards to justify raising taxes, but can you do the same to justify spending less?
Or are you someone who wants bigger government and more government programs?
Bah!
If you want to give more of your paycheck to the government, you are free to do so.
Go ahead. DO IT!
But don't justify your big plans with MY money.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

"Now, it would be nice if we could keep every tax break, but we can't afford them,"

Right there, from the OP's quote. We can't afford them? It's NOT THEIR MONEY!!!
Obama seems to think that it is HIS money.
Wrong.

It's my money. It's you and you and you and your money. It's not HIS!
He can't afford to take less?

It is not his money.
He is taking all of our money.
And he is building a case where he needs to take more because he can't afford not to.

Unbelievable!

Unless your being paid in potatoes it is his money. All currency is government issue.

Spending too much time splitting hairs. Show me where YOU have given all your money to the government. Show me where they can arbitrarily take all of MY money when ever they want.
Show me the law-rule-legislation that says that.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Unless your being paid in potatoes it is his money. All currency is government issue.
No it is not. It is owned by the federal reserve which is a private bank. They loan the money to the government and we pay the interest. This is why we are in the deep financial straits we are in. END THE FED and most of our "debt" vanishes as the vapor it truly is.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I find it hard to believe Obama in anything. I think he will make cuts for the middle class and those in need. The rich will get waivers. This guy is a flagrant liar.

link   
Are you guys really happy about this?

Do you realize the implications?

Rich people, such as businessmen, getting taxed more, means they will be more inclined to..

1) Hire foreign workers, leaving more Americans out of work, especially if they have to lay some off and hire an underpaid worker in a different country.
2) Relay on imported foreign materials, which means no money stimulating American economy.

No Rich American will say, "I'll just take the blow and lose money, it'll help stimulate the economy anyways."

They didn't get where they are today because of crap like that. They're intelligent, and know where to find loopholes. A better solution?

Cut taxes. I don't care what that other poster said, raising taxes never stimulated the economy, it only widens the gap between the rich and the poor.

Stop wasteful spending. Stop pointless wars. And most importantly..

Stop being dumb asses.

link   
reply to post by Misoir

But then we also have the comparison of the Clinton tax increases which spurred economic growth (albeit a false growth) and the Bush tax cuts which did nothing to improve the economy or revenue.

I may be off base, but wasn't it during the Clinton administration that the Glass Steagal act was wrecked? It allowed the banks to go on their dot-com frenzy and crawl into investing and other questionable prcatices. Clinton was able to grow the economy by allowing over-leveraging and jumping into derivatives and Credit Default Swaps. It also seemed like there was a great deal of financial 'restructuring' during the Bush admin. Lehman fell, but we threw over $130B at AIG. Freddie and Fannie are now govt run but we jumped to save BofA and Citicorp. The whole global economy is held together with string and gum, and maybe some duct tape

link   

Originally posted by David9176

Right!! Let's make them pay tons more in taxes and continue to give tax breaks to corporations who already explout the system with tax havens and are creating no jobs in America?

You think this is good way to run an economy? Do you not give a crap about the rest of the people in this country?
edit on 2-7-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)
How about reading the rest of the post? I will respond when you read the rest. You know the part about EVERYONE paying an exactly equal percentage with no loopholes? Did you miss that part? Or did you just try to ignore it to score sme stars?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

Don't argue with sleepwalkers. They feign being awake and enlightened. Waking them to the reality of the conflict theory will frighten them. When it comes to the economic system, they are products of the Red Scare. They are victims of a huge psy ops conducted by the US in order to fight the USSR within the minds of every citizen. Their waking up will take time. Until then, let them be. Words and phrases like economic equality or equal levels of taxation frighten them to the core. Let them be.

If you are a proponent for higher taxes, then show us all where you have given more to the government. Or do you just want to spend other peoples money?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

If you are a proponent for higher taxes, then show us all where you have given more to the government. Or do you just want to spend other peoples money?
He is obviously one of those pro big government spend other people's money types. Liberals are all talk and only act with other people's money. They never put up their own money.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think the GOP and our friend are ignoring the
Essential parts of a budget. Income and expenditure
The national debate on expenditure has been a long time
Coming, which has been a healthy thing for the most part.
When was the last time a president publically suggested slashing the
Military industrial expenditure? At the same time, to bridge the gap
It would make sense to increase revenue also. People who claim
To be fiscally conscience should recognize the simple budgetary
Equation. Like; yer hungry and losing yer house? you lazy person,
Get another job er start earning more money... Well increasing
Revenue and reducing outlay is a surefire plan for success.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

If you even decide to take it that far, you'll realize that the entire monetary system is a scam. The debt equals our fiat money, don't you see!?

Oh, and the little gold and silver standard wont work. There is a finite amount of gold and silver in the world, and the world economy (hell, the US economy by itself) has grown far too large to be sustained by it. Up the value of something else, you say? Well guess what, with the use of science it can be mass produced. The reason why we attribute platinum, gold, and silver with value is because of their scarcity. We can not transmute up on the periodic table, therefore we can not mass produce gold and the like. However, we sure as hell can lower the properties of some elements to to turn them into others.

In the past, Aluminum was valuable....then boom: science breakthrough. We mass produce Aluminum like crazy now and its devalued to hell.

The monetary system is a scam. It wasn't always this way, but it's reality now.
So, we do the best we can with the scam, and we scam the scam artists right back by making them pay AT LEAST an equal amount of their income, percentage wise, in taxes.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Your Evidence

In recent years, credits for low- and middle-income families have grown so much that a family of four making as much as $50,000 will owe no federal income tax for 2009, as long as there are two children younger than 17, according to a separate analysis by the consulting firm Deloitte Tax.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Your Evidence

In recent years, credits for low- and middle-income families have grown so much that a family of four making as much as $50,000 will owe no federal income tax for 2009, as long as there are two children younger than 17, according to a separate analysis by the consulting firm Deloitte Tax.

This again? I get sick of explaining the difference between "paying" and "owing."
I do not owe anything on my car. That hardly means that I did not pay for it.

I will ask again for any evidence half the electorate pays no taxes. I am not asking what their year-end owing status is.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

This again? I get sick of explaining the difference between "paying" and "owing."
I do not owe anything on my car. That hardly means that I did not pay for it.

I will ask again for any evidence half the electorate pays no taxes. I am not asking what their year-end owing status is.
LOL, split hairs much? They owe no tax, and any taxes that were withheld from their check will be refunded to them. Additionally, they will also get money given to them confiscated from other Americans.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm simply asking for Equality, sir. That is all, tax equality. If we can't have that, then something is wrong. There is no reason why these people should walk around like kings free of the tax burden that the have nots share. There is no reason for this insanity at all. This fight has been going on every since humans decided to band together to form communities. I feel like this generation, its coming to an end.

For now, I ask for tax equality, that is all. I don't see how one could possibly find issue with that.

also, check my second post in the thread about the "going over seas" thing. These companies might as well be enemies of America if they decide to take that route.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I'm simply asking for Equality, sir. That is all, tax equality. If we can't have that, then something is wrong. There is no reason why these people should walk around like kings free of the tax burden that the have nots share. There is no reason for this insanity at all. This fight has been going on every since humans decided to band together to form communities. I feel like this generation, its coming to an end.

For now, I ask for tax equality, that is all. I don't see how one could possibly find issue with that.

also, check my second post in the thread about the "going over seas" thing. These companies might as well be enemies of America if they decide to take that route.

One. Then you'd agree to a flat tax. Like 7% for everyone. No exemptions. Period. If you made 12,000 or 12 million, you pay 7%.
Two. If you start making it illegal for companies to do business how they want, then kiss freedom goodbye.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join