It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California mega-quake could be at the door say weather experts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

California mega-quake could be at the door say weather experts

www.naturalnews.com

A new study conducted by researchers from the Scripps Institute of Oceanography in La Jolla, Calif., suggests that the ill-famed California mega-earthquake could happen literally any day now. Overdue for experiencing the "big one" by as much as 100 years, the San Andreas fault line, which stretches about 810 miles along the California coastline and branches inland to the south where it ends at the Salton Sea, could very soon experience a devastating 7.5 magnitude or greater quake.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This has been talked about for a while and now it appears that the expected mega quake may arrive quite imminently.

All I can say is that with all the coming astronomical anomalies and the changes happening on earth, I see things like this getting triggered off a lot easier.

The American continent appears to be receiving a harsher dose of natural disasters every year with no apparent end in sight. My thoughts are with everyone in the world for the coming years.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Seriously, all you people calling doom and gloom need to go chill out. Yes there may be an earthquake, yes, Yellowstone could blow, Yes an asteroid could hit. More likely however, is that you will kill yourselves with saturated fat, tobacco and alcohol, over a long period of time.
Alternatively you might walk in front of a bus.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HologramDenier
Seriously, all you people calling doom and gloom need to go chill out. Yes there may be an earthquake, yes, Yellowstone could blow, Yes an asteroid could hit. More likely however, is that you will kill yourselves with saturated fat, tobacco and alcohol, over a long period of time.

Amen, to that
I have to keep myself smiling when I'm reading these sites. Other wise I might start laughing and I'm terrified that I won't stop.
Besides I don't live in Cali but they say Cali's been blowing for years
that's no joke ask one of our Cali posters. They are extremely prepared out there, I think they got this.
edit on 2-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HologramDenier

Calling doom and gloom? I posted the story and then I commented. Believe it or not there are actual annual increases in natural disasters, there are astronomical changes happening and there is major change happening on earth.

Get to grips with it. I'm not trying to scaremonger I'm just telling it how I see it and looking for answers. "Deny Ignorance"

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Having read the article, and actually having lived in California, the question is what else is new?
California lives on a lot of faults, and the country is going to be onslaught by acts of God, no matter the time of year. So in California and the pacific coast of the United States, it is earthquakes and volcanoes. In the southwest and Midwest, it is drought, Midwest it is Tornadoes, gulf coast, it is hurricanes, north east part of the country it is heavy snows. The ultimate questions should be what are people in those areas doing about it to be prepared when these events happen? After all if it is not one thing, it is another, the world is a dynamic and dangerous place to live, face it there is no real paradise. No where a person can go, as there is always something different, depends on the part of the country that one lives on. So if it is not one thing it is another. And should we even be concerned about what happened in California? After all if people are not prepared for these disasters, there really is nothing that anyone can do until after it strikes and we pick up the pieces to try to salvage and life goes on. And if they trust the federal government, well, lets just say the world sees how well the US federal government deals with diseasters in its own backyard.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Those of us born in California, or have lived there for part of their lives have always heard about the 'big one'

It is always coming right around the corner.. always looming off in the distance. Some day.. some day..

But I also think that when the big one hits, those who are actually surprised will be Californians or those of us who used to live there.

We will all be like "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG! it actually happened!
"

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter
Those of us born in California, or have lived there for part of their lives have always heard about the 'big one'

It is always coming right around the corner.. always looming off in the distance. Some day.. some day..

What worries me most is not the fact that this quake is supposed to have already happened but the coming terrestrial changes and extra terrestrial changes which could trigger off things like this even quicker.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Was a similar topic few days back.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm taking that NN is basing this on that article.

Earthquakes can't be predicted, you just have to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I don't believe in premonitions, prophecies, predictions etc... But I was in the Los Angeles area last week, and I'm going back there on Monday. Last week, I spent the night there, and as I was laying in my bed, I was thinking about what the "big one" would be like, the aftermath, and imagining millions of people trying to cope, survive, and escape the area following a major quake.

Well, I had the worst nightmare ever later that night, it all seemed too real, unlike a dream, more like reality... I don't know what causes a nightmare like that, but I think we've all had a few of them in our lives.

If anything even remotely close to my nightmare were to ever happen there, all I can say, is may God bless the people or California... They're going to need it.

Personally, I hope it never happens, rather, that maybe a series of smaller quakes over time can relieve the stresses and prevent a "big one"

No one can know, nothing can warn us, or accurately predict it... So, lets all just hope for the best eh?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It doesnt mean anything, its total fear mongering.

Its been due any day now for tens of thousands of years.

The article is trying to make out it will happen imminently.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Hang on, you're gonna summon the HAARP theorists.

Maybe they know when and where because they are planning for it?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Can we really say 'naturalnews' is a news source? They basically just write opinion pieces that sound sensational. They have obviously done the clever thing of putting 'news' in their website name, it doesn't make them an unbiased news agency.

Sorry if I sound peed off but I am really fed up of sensational stories from natural news.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HologramDenier

You do realize this is a conspiracy site
Obviously anything is possible but these types of topics are a great read no matter what your personal beliefs are.

brill

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill
Obviously anything is possible but these types of topics are a great read no matter what your personal beliefs are.

brill

The forum gets cluttered up with nonsense and anything worth reading is lost in a sea of ridiculous threads and stuff that isnt even news.

This isnt news, the same thing would have been said ten thousand years ago when it was overdue then.

Vesuvius has been due to blow for ages, didnt stop me going there for 2 weeks and staying on the side of the volcano.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
... The ultimate questions should be what are people in those areas doing about it to be prepared when these events happen? After all if it is not one thing, it is another, the world is a dynamic and dangerous place to live, face it there is no real paradise. No where a person can go, as there is always something different, depends on the part of the country that one lives on. So if it is not one thing it is another. And should we even be concerned about what happened in California? After all if people are not prepared for these disasters, there really is nothing that anyone can do until after it strikes and we pick up the pieces to try to salvage and life goes on. And if they trust the federal government, well, lets just say the world sees how well the US federal government deals with diseasters in its own backyard.

Yes. This. Look at what is needed in any disaster situation. Food, shelter, medicine, calming community presence. Every neighborhood/region should have a field kitchen available. Stoves, pots, tents, tarps. Clothing. Filtration. Sanitation...No matter where you are, these are useful and rewarding tools and skills. We should all be prepared. There's always more to do...

ETA: And no offense to OP, but I also agree natural news is kind of a silly site to use as the basis for a thread. at least source what they are usually cutting and pasting from, or paraphrasing.
edit on 2-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by brill

brill

The forum gets cluttered up with nonsense and anything worth reading is lost in a sea of ridiculous threads and stuff that isnt even news.

This isnt news, the same thing would have been said ten thousand years ago when it was overdue then.

Vesuvius has been due to blow for ages, didnt stop me going there for 2 weeks and staying on the side of the volcano.

Of course it's news. Are you implying that because it hasn't happened it's not worth discussion ? By your standard then 99% of this site is unworthy then. The great part of this site is that if it doesn't interest you, move on to the next story. I say keep these types of posts going with comments. If its not your cup of tea so be it.

brill

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I just want to say, when did "weather experts" ever start becoming "seismologist".

there's nothing wrong with preparation and awareness but fear mongering is low class.
the entire west coast of north america is under threat of a big one. it's known. we know, we're ready, but saying it could happen now or then doesn't matter. no one can predict when or how it will happen, all we know is, it will.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HologramDenier

I dunno...Im on the darkside of the force and would really get a kick out of a massive cataclysm. Maybe an Earthquake, Asteroid the size of Idaho hitting, Yellowstone and many other faults all happening simutaneously.

,,,,We need REAL effective and long lasting change.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Hang on, you're gonna summon the HAARP theorists.

Maybe they know when and where because they are planning for it?

The mobile haarp platform was parked in elliot bay next to downtown Seattle this week....

It would be an easy trip down through the cascadia subduction zone over the Juan De Fuca plate to California.

Heck they would probably only need to go to Eureka and set things off???

"Lets just take care of the whole dang west coast while were at it!!"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join