It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a real "Game-Changer"!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Since the 2008 election I've noticed this phrase being used over and over and over again in the media and by other politicians. Wasn't it Obama that started this by using that phrase in his speeches and talks during the 2008 election? Maybe it was McCain, but I'm pretty sure it was Obama. Yes, it's an irrelevant observation but I still find it pretty funny (and a little strange). The words "game changer" were hardly ever uttered by anyone on TV before 2008. Am I the only one that has noticed this? Maybe I'm the only one that has cared enough to start a thread about it!

I think things have come full circle when one of Obama's biggest critics, Michele Bachmann, has been using that phrase a good bit recently.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, this is the original game changer.

Ya, it's much more prevalently used. But hey, that's pop culture for ya.
edit on 7/2/2011 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
All things considered, you should know it as "buzz-words" or "catch phrases".

Such things are used by "fast movers" to get others to move to their hype. Typically used in marketing as a way to show their unique, and such.

Just more subtle ways to brain-wash the unknowing.

the phrase "game changer" is not that much different then "hope and change" or "Change we can believe in".

it's all mind-games.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Ah, yes, the Game Genie, I never actually used one myself, but maybe someone on Obama's speech writing team did!

Yeah, it's definitely a pop culture/catch phrase, I just find it funny how it became a phrase used by everyone seemingly overnight.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Just like, before 911, I had never heard ANYONE use the word "homeland" to describe the US. It immediately made me think of Nazis calling Germany the "Fatherland" when no one had called it that before.

I'm sure to you younguns it seems perfectly normal, but it really creeped me out right away. And of course we now have homeland security. Hmmmm.

On another note, I had never heard anyone call a razor knife a box cutter, and I had been using those things for years.

top topics

join