page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Some fine and amusing ripostes.

Seriously though.

What America has that Britain doesn't? More space and more opportunity.

And that is about it, and the latter is starting to crumble.

America is the first country to have gone from barbarism to decadence without the usual intervening period of civilization.
-- Oscar Wilde

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by diggerbanks
reply to post by beezzer

Some fine and amusing ripostes.

Seriously though.

What America has that Britain doesn't? More space and more opportunity.

And that is about it, and the latter is starting to crumble.

America is the first country to have gone from barbarism to decadence without the usual intervening period of civilization.
-- Oscar Wilde

Well said. Our governments are slightly different. But that's just a reflection of its people. If this thread has provided anything (other than great amusement) it's been to illustrate that we have more in common than many might have thought.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
THIS IS NOT A TROLL THREAD!

England

Because the students here protest in their 50,000's
But in america I have not seen any new big protests

BECAUSE

We have 62 mil people on our small land
Your land is about 10 times bigger but you only have 5 times the population
Your country is just so massive, your people and your houses are more sparsley spaced out
Even your roads are much much wider than ours

I guess "rumours" just travel quicker here in the UK
Theres a reason why were the most watched nation

When the gov fears the public, theres freedom
When the public fears the gov (i would in USA) theres tyranny

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
When someone continually states "I dont care" about other peoples opinion it tells me there is no point in contributing to their thread. Whats the point? This thread was obviously started as some kind of, 'my country's great, im great, the rest suck' thread. Who cares, the OP obviously doesnt care, he stated it over & over again. The added fact the very first post is full of misinformation and when pointed out the true facts his reply is simply "I dont care". Slightly strange if you ask me

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Dude, i would feel safer in Quatar than either of these countries

Better pay, too...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Many years ago, an old guy I knew said something that, even to this day, I don't know if he was joking or not " the USA is great, the UK is great, trouble is, the USA is full of foreigners, and the UK is full of English" Even now, after all those years, I still don't get it.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by LulzCode6
I wonder how a tiny country like UK, kicked your butt bigtime back da days

Back "da days" it was only 13 colonies

and it didn't turn out so good for them.

i hear.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I live in the uk and i've all ways wanted to move to america but when my chance came not so long a go i thought i would stay put if i wanted the best life for my kid because why move some where that has
a higher crime rate than where i live
worse weather tornadoes etc
more alien abductions
more terrorists
secret societies a nazi controled government
fema camps
more past nukclear explosions than any where else on the planets
snakes
floride in the water where i live we don't get that
tests on the genral populus
i don't like my county but i do like my safety hence why im stay put

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I love my country,i'm very proud to be form the u.k.
No country can say it's better than any other,i find somethings the americans do to be pretty good,also some i don't like.
each counry has good & bad points,i wish our country stayed away from wars but because the u.s keeps getting into all kinds of scrapes we have to back them up,not saying thats bad just wish we could stay out of it.

who's better ?? nobody,we have our own ways of doing things.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I agree in part, but on gun ownership you're wrong.
You can own a shotgun and be living in the middle of an inner-city or town. You don't have to be a farmer.
For firearms (rifles, LBR and carbines) THEY are much more difficult to get that the US though.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by northEASTukPIMPStheSYSTEM

Rank Country Capital city 2008 Population Estimate 2002 Population Population Land area(sq km) Est Population
growth2002-2008 density

3 United States of America Washington DC 303,825,000 Jul-08 280,562,489 2002 8.29% 9629091 31.6

78 Great Britain & Northern Ireland London 60,944,000 Jul-08 59,778,002 2002 1.95% 244820 248.9

135 Netherlands Amsterdam 16,645,000 Jul-08 16,067,754 2002 3.59% 41526 400.8

Seems to me that you guys have nothing to complain about ???

Netherlands is less then twice the sice of New Jersy.

It's the end of the world as we know it...

Source:
edit on 7/3/2011 by Sinter Klaas because: To add source

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by majestic3

good, stay safe my friend!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

having guns is hardly a good thing ... but if you think so, well done.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Can I just mention that ye's widnae be here reading and writing stuff but for trying to catch up wi us Scots who were the first country in the world to make their citizens literate. They invented the lending library too, and the Encyclopeadia Brittanica.

And then there's Scottish Enlightenment.
From wiki

The Scottish Enlightenment had effects far beyond Scotland itself, not only because of the esteem in which Scottish achievements were held in Europe and elsewhere, but also because its ideas and attitudes were carried across the Atlantic world as part of the Scottish diaspora, and by American students who studied in Scotland. As a result, a significant proportion of technological and social development in the United States, Canada and New Zealand in the 18th and 19th centuries were accomplished through Scots-Americans and Scots-Canadians.

And then there's this

Wha's like us - Damn Few And They're A' Died!
thecapitalscot.com...

Why we even invented BLACKMAIL.

But the final score is, (for auld lang syne), Scotland 1, England and USA 0,

As Rabbie Burns said - "That man to man the world o'er Shall brithers be for a' that." & that includes wifie's.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
America would be a great place if it could only have the Americans taken out of it.

Just kidding.

Or am I...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAmAnAlien
The main two reasons that America is better than England are:

1. They sell toothbrushes and toothpaste in America.
2. American women usually shave their legs and armpits.

USA USA USA
edit on 3-7-2011 by IAmAnAlien because: hi there

You sir must of never been in bed with an English woman or for that matter seen one. Child ... pfft.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

So in your argument for "Why America is better than England" you begin with the cost of a TV licence.

Typical American. You know what's important.

(now, next in consideration, who pays more for hot dogs?)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by thequietone
lol the main issue with this post??
Its all about your independance day and saying how great america is (no problem with that, i think its great to be patriotic) but you chose to compare America with Britain, the damn country you became independant from!! if you chose, say, canada I think people wouldnt flame as much.
Oh and the us is hammering Britain on obesity rates across all ages, well done!!

That is actually the point
We became independent from Britain
We celebrate this joyous occasion of being seperate from them.

So, lets point out what is different between the two and what we celebrate for...

Why would I want to compare to Canada...Canada is like Massachuttes...the money is different, otherwise, its the same bloody thing. (lived outside of toronto for awhile)

No disrespect to Americans but I find Canadians more humble and easy going. That is not a generelisation, it's just from my experience. I have one American friend who's a really good family guy but he's completely
brainwashed by the media (thinks bush was a good president). I think this is the common traint in people who have never had nice easy lives. They don't need answers so never ask questions.

I personally think there is a bigger divide between the poor and the middle classes. Middle classes in Amerca tend to be better off than in the UK, but the poorer classes have a lot less in America. The poorer people in the UK tend to be lazy because they get benefits and don't really need to do anything. I know this because I was brought up in a poorer area.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I did actually get annoyed at this, mainly for the stupidity (particularly at the part were we have to pay for every TV, ha ha ha) but then I thought I have much better things to do and I'm better than that

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It's clearly a troll thread even if he says otherwise ...

new topics
top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join