It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bring back the British Empire

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Mana motuhake.

Tino Rangatiratanga.

I have a hard enough time reconciling the fact that we're a member of the British Commonwealth, especially when the Brits shafted us after using and abusing us.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by triplemmm

No offense but the British have become the French. Don't get me wrong I believe the British people could rise again but for the time being the are locked in the chains of the progressive mindset. There country has no heart and soul, it is nothing more then a empty shell.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

"The sun never sets on the British empire"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19099a649ef7.gif[/atsimg]

The British empire spanned almost a quarter of the world's land mass and dominated the seas, and had a quarter of the world population under it's banner. It was the largest empire the world has ever seen.

edit on 4/7/2011 by BarmyBilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

Past tense. Might as well boast about how I was great as pop warner football and had straight A's in the 6th grade.

All that was back when there was no U.N. stopping people from invading each other. If America wanted to, we would EASILY control 1/4 of the world.
edit on 7/4/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

Hell, if America was no longer sheltering your tiny island under our massive, Kevlar wing, you would be dominated in less than a week.

By Who??? May i ask.

Also, all that was back when there was no U.N. stopping people from invading each other. If America wanted to, we would EASILY control 1/4 of the world. We just let you live on that island until we decide we want it.

You say that and yet you can't win in Afghanistan, you couldn't win in Irag, Vietnam. Coming to think about it has the US EVER won a war on it's own? No? Didn't think so.

What makes you think you would take us on our island? Hitler had trouble doing it and the German forces at the time were immensely strong. The Argies couldn't hold the Falklands and your excuse for not helping was that you thought it, strategically impossible! Please do not say you could 'easily' do anything without having done it first.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Both of those comments you quoted were deleted before you posted your reply.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The British Empire annihilated entire cultures and languages. Many of the 'savages' were well superior to the Brits. Perhaps not in regards to obvious technology... but everyone knew how to live WITH Earth, instead of just taking, taking, taking. Even in the modern day and age we see many movements regressing towards more pure and simple life-styles in favor of the modern wasteful consumerism.

In the British Empire, I saw nothing more than arrogant European supremacists wielding a tyrannical system to enslave mankind. Colonizing, modernizing, and changing entire civilizations through savage brute force, deciet, and treachery.

"At least you would have a Royal Family again.

My family held noble status under the Laotian Royal Family of Luang Prabang. It was the French, not Brits who 'colonised' my ancestral homeland. But if I pledge any alliance or allegiance to any royalty, it will by to my own people, not some foreign barbarians.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
The Argies couldn't hold the Falklands and your excuse for not helping was that you thought it, strategically impossible! Please do not say you could 'easily' do anything without having done it first.

The British had military assistance to regain The Falkland Islands, which I won't detail at the moment, but was not the USA or any other country. They will never have that military assistance again because it has since become known to the individual who gave that assistance that the British have a very dark, pro-homosexual, pro-reptilian agenda.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Trafalgar1805

You what? Got a book coming out? Come on dude (or dudette) let's have more details of your theory (story), you can't offer up a tease like that and not expand on it.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
As Barmybilly has shown the British Empire still exists...in the guise of the British Commonwealth.

Most Americans cant understand it (the US is still a little bit part of it), but the British Commonwealth takes in all former or original British Colonies. Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa, Singapore, India etc are still part of the British Commonwealth, although independent nations. One just has to witness the "Commonwealth Games" to see all the "British Empire" Member countries.

There is no shame to this, it is part of history that is quaintly kept. Tradition you could say...culture maybe?

The biggest travesty was the treatment the PIP (people in power), conducted against their own citizens.
That Horrible period in the 1700s when minor crimes were punishable by death, when the Govt. turned ex British "Spanish War" galleons into prison ships on the Thames. Where stealing a loaf of bread to feed your family was met with "Transportation to the Colonies for the Term of your Natural Life" Hence the urgent need for New South Wales and Van Diemens land ( Tazzie), as convict settlements. Particularly after the initial convict settlements of Virginia etc, were lost when some British Descendants got uppity and all, about Tea or something or other.

Funny how ALL those colonies of the British Empire (save a couple of dark ones), still have the most stable Democratic societies of the past 100 plus years or so. Nearly every other nation assasinates their leaders if they dont like them, and have a Kaos system of Govt....Not in the British Empire tho.

As far as a comparison with Romans......
There is a reason all British and Colonial Architecture was based on the Greco/Roman designs......Even the great slave built "White House" is a Roman structure..... a nice Power edifice.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The British Empire is still alive and well, in fact they run things right from the very top of the pyramid

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

The British Empire is still alive and well, in fact they run things right from the very top of the pyramid

How do you work that one out? I'd say Britain's as weak as it's been fo a very long time. What's left of the commonwealth we have very little rule over, we're the lapdog of the US and Muslims are slowly and systematically taking over the country.

edit on 6-7-2011 by Ginga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I recall others in the past two decades advocating such a super-union or super-commonwealth and to a certain extent I am in agreement. Although the mistakes of the colonial past cannot be excused nor can we dismiss their attempts at making amends and I don't think any nation or confederation of nations has any moral right to say otherwise especially when all the nations on earth have committed one form of abuse or another to other nations, if not their own. But, as other nations from Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and South America growing more hostile towards the Anglo-Saxon-Celtic people group and form alliances diminishing their influence in the world and calling for union with neighboring countries with similar ideals, religion or culture it begs the question why the Anglo-Saxon nations of the USA and British Commonwealth don't follow. Maybe the Anglo-American nations have tied themselves down with foreign alliances hindering this natural relationship between brother nations. For instance, Britain and America have entangled themselves over the decades with the EU, China and Middle Eastern nations etc. to their own detriment rather than maintaining their special relationship or with the Commonwealth.

Needless to say I am in favor of colonialism especially when the effects of "reverse colonialism" are all too evident around you and it's so depressing that in the past both America and the Commonwealth nations (e.g. Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand) were places of opportunity that people looked to migrate to make a better life for themselves and their families, but now as these nations increasingly lose their moral compass and stand on the edge of collapse one looks around for a place to escape, but finds a dark and shadowy void.

So my prayer to end the turmoil that is yet to come upon the world, and even is upon us now, as these empires fall and rise is the same John the apostle had in Revelation 22:20 Amen!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Thank you for that, it made me very proud!

Let's be honest here, in the US they fought a war of independence because although they did not have any army or navy and had been the beneficiary of security and peace provided by the might of the British Empire they didn't want to pay for it! In addition they were not being allowed to push further into America by the King. Being a greedy, traiterous bunch (OK my opinion only!) they decided to forment rebellion to further their aims. Only 45% of Americans backed them, many fought for the King, they also persuaded some American Indians to fight alongside them.

When they won their independence they proceeded to invade the whole of America effectively wiping out many Indian tribes. The British would never have allowed this. The Spanish did the same in South America, the British do not work that way.

So on the 4th July each year America celebrates that they managed to stop paying taxes to the King and were allowed to steal all of the Indian land. The fact that the first thing the new rulers did was introduce their own taxes seems to have escaped the USA public! What is the difference between George Washington and a modern patriot who wants to live in the hills and not pay taxes to the federal government? None I can see.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Oh yes, they have done so well in Ireland. Is the mess they have made there really what you would want all over the world? As in many cases true history does not match propaganda. Every country they have invaded all have the same wish, Go home. Does that tell you nothing?

edit on 7/7/2011 by LuFri because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

You have a good point aorAki and you get a star; I just hope if there is wide-spead Maori uprising they don't all get squashed.

The thing is really that once monarchy is removed, there are people/families who WILL try to fill the power vacuum.
The USA has its own. The Kennedys, Bushes & Clintons for example, and that is only relatively recent political families, the banking families have much more power and out-date these guys.
edit on 7-7-2011 by myster0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Run, Yankees, Run!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

You say that and yet you can't win in Afghanistan, you couldn't win in Irag, Vietnam. Coming to think about it has the US EVER won a war on it's own? No? Didn't think so.

Howay Billy course they have, who can forget that resounding victory they had against the military might of Grenada?

Well I see this thread is full of all the predictable lies, double standards and just plain ignorance and arrogance.

Going to try my best to keep out of it, however.......?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

except that they weren't Yankee's they were British. The British rebels beat the British troops and hence became Americans, I had an American once tell me that Americans kicked our butt, hmmm not a good grasp on History then! Lets face it who gained from the war? Oh that would be the rich colonists then, scurvy dogs the lot of 'em! Who lost the war? The American Indians.

Never have we tried to invade a country and wipe out the people who lived there at the time, yes that means that there are people left to rebel and say "go home", only to realise decades later that things were not that bad under British control. We haven't yet given up on America realising it's big mistake and coming back into the fold. The quicker we get control of their Armed forces and their budgetry deficit the better it would be for them.

Mind you we could just wait for them to go bankrupt, won't be long now by all accounts.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I dont know if any of you are interested but for a bit of insight into what some of our past members of the Empire think about us you should check out the documentary called On Tour With The Queen...

In 1953, the newly-crowned Queen Elizabeth set off on a six-month, 45,000-mile round-the-world journey. The Coronation Tour was the most ambitious royal tour ever undertaken, and would radically change Britain's relationship with the world. It was the first time a British monarch visited the Colonies not to show them who was boss, but to persuade them that Britain was worth staying attached to, as part of a new entity: the Commonwealth. Actor and playwright Kwame Kwei-Armah retraces the young Queen's journey across five continents: from the Caribbean, Australasia and the Pacific Islands, to Africa, Asia and the Mediterranean. A self-proclaimed 'Child of Empire', whose parents came to the UK from the West Indies, Kwame examines the enduring significance of the tour for those in the Colonies, and the critical importance it played in shaping the multi-cultural country we live in today.

You can see the australia episode here

www.youtube.com...

quite an intersting watch tbh

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join