It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IBM Creates Memory 100X Faster Than Flash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If this 'phase-change memory chip' is as described in the artilce
Source
It is as if technology ascended to a higher level as a collateral effect of humanity's stigmatic existence. .

.Time and Technological Breakthroughs are rapidly gaining a pace reaching towards exponential infinity.
What does this mean?
Infinity at an exponentially increasing rate is as is immortality with ability to be anywhere within existence and without.

Just as a rotating item may seem to move backwards, (similar to the Coriolis Effect), but rather than a perpendicular magnetic effect of the rotation of axis, in an exponential increase of linear time reaching a rate of velocity that calculation no longer can measure, the timeline of existence can be penetrated and obtained at any point .

Georg Simon Ohm created a method of measuring electrical resistance, but could he have imagined the impact his discovery would have? The impact of drift velocity alone can be used to defend such an argument, i.e. when the speed of time exceeds the electrons drift velocity and is ever increasing, at some point, time becomes all emcompassing, a brobdingnagian juggernaut if you will. But rather than sequential in concept, time itself becomes polymorphic. Thus, movement through space can occur using time as the transportion conduit. Destination? To any point in time, instantaneously, at will.
In theory, time travel is achieved.

Past, present and future points of time access: Ours, without the incumberances of galactic expansion, concepts of quantative plurality, simultanious allotropism, enigmatic conjectures that have been regarded as impossible.

What does this have to do with IBM's new memory chip?

This age is about to end. Will technology manipulate time and succeed where humanity fails, and allow us to advance to a higher consciousness? Will this and subsequent higher technologies be lost in the turmoil of the ending age? Will we ascend with the new age? I can only be optimistic and prepare spiritually for the unknowns ahead. If this advance can keep doom sayers from dispair, that alone is noteworthy beyond just the advancement of storage and speed technology.
Of course, this is probably old school tech in black projects, but exciting nonetheless.

-1 ohm
edit on 2-7-2011 by imd12c4funn because: edit to add -1 ohm...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I understand what the article is talking about*.

As to the rest of what you said.... What??
edit on 2-7-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I for one welcome our new Robot Over-lords

And will gladly take a Augmentation that will enhance my Mind

Insert CPU/HardDrive here

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I see this technology as a potential ace in the hole if the storage and speed advances in computing , expedite our quest of the knowledge needed that we achieve control of the 'Matrix', BEFORE an ELE wipes out civilization in Atlantisious fashion. Survivors start again, eventually discovering traces of our technologies, philosophies, societies, etc., circular repetition; insanity.

In a nutshell,
Stop the insanity.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
reply to post by boncho

I see this technology as a potential ace in the hole if the storage and speed advances in computing , expedite our quest of the knowledge needed that we achieve control of the 'Matrix', BEFORE an ELE wipes out civilization in Atlantisious fashion. Survivors start again, eventually discovering traces of our technologies, philosophies, societies, etc., circular repetition; insanity.

In a nutshell,
Stop the insanity.

Stop the insanity? we do not live in the 'matrix'..

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Can you prove that?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The OP makes me think of the architect.

By that I mean I have no idea what he's talking about. Post to communicate, not to impress.
edit on 2-7-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Technology doesn't manipulate time.

Interesting technology although I'm looking forward to solid state storage that's cheaper per gigabyte. Flash memory is extremely fast compared to mechanical hard drives, I don't think that at this stage we really need something inherently faster - that can be solved by using better controllers - but rather we need a solid state storage technology that is cheaper per GB. A 1tb 7200rpm hard disk will cost about $65 whereas a 120gb solid state drive will cost $200. This gap needs to narrow or at least solid state drives need to be cheap enough so they can cheaply hold all of the users most frequently accessed data. At least, over time this will occur.

Also remember that phase change memory is still under development, by the time it is commercialized conventional flash memory will have advanced far beyond what it is now, so it will probably not be 100 times faster.
edit on 2/7/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You seemed to be all over the place in your OP, insomuch that you at first appear to be a stoned hippy scientist explaining the method for properly baking a cake.

I kind of got what you were saying but your were pulling a Wachowski brothers inverted bi-liniar Mobius strip MC Escher techno-babble move on us.

With that being said, are you saying....DAMN! or what?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

-1 ohm

Yup that's how it works varying the resistance. So a type of multi level phase change memory chip will be commercially available in 2016 that has increased performance and reliability. How long have they been using superconductors in some kind of similar military scheme? Maybe commercial cell phone front end filters use a similar technology? Not sure where we are supposed to go with this but it sounds cool.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
Infinity at an exponentially increasing rate is as is immortality with ability to be anywhere within existence and without.
Infinity at an exponentially increasing rate is what?

Is that even a sentence?

Not trying to be a grammar Nazi, but I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say here.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I don't care if its faster then flash just that its a solid state storage that has a large capacity in the terabyte range.

I am getting very tired of hard drives that spin.
In the last 3 years i have replaced 3 and and had to replace the drive controller board on another one with one from a hard drive that the bearings failed.
The only thing that has saved most of my data is that i keep cloned hard drives for all my computers plus DVD backups.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
Technology doesn't manipulate time.
edit on 2/7/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

Agreed, yet technology is only a tool and could, to reitterate by paraphrase, expedite finding the science, mathematics or other to master the elements and travel in time, move humanity into ascension and move
beyond this dimension before our current societies succumb to disasters be it by (a) nemesis or by our own hand, however periodic the event(s) might be.

new topics

join