It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudis: We'll Go Nuclear If Iran Does

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia has upped the ante in the nuclear weapons game:

The danger posed by a nuclear Iran has gone up exponentially with the Saudi’s now threatening to build a nuclear weapon of their own. A Saudi Arabian diplomat and member of the royal family has warned that should Iran come close to developing a nuclear weapon it would “compel Saudi Arabia to pursue policies which could lead to untold and possibly dramatic consequences," the British newspaper the Guardian reports.

While Prince Turki al-Faisal did not state what those consequences would be, a senior government official said his message was clear. "We cannot live in a situation where Iran has nuclear weapons and we don't. It's as simple as that," the official said according to the Guardian. "If Iran develops a nuclear weapon, that will be unacceptable to us and we will have to follow suit."

Turki al-Faisal is a former Saudi intelligence chief and ambassador to Washington. He made his comments in a speech at RAF Molesworth, a British airbase used by NATO to gather intelligence on the Middle East and the Mediterranean. "Iran … is very sensitive about other countries meddling in its affairs. But it should treat others like it expects to be treated. The kingdom expects Iran to practice what it preaches," he said, according to the paper.

Saudis

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Good. Saudi Arabia has every right to develop nuclear weapons... and so does Iran. Personally, I find it pretty absurd that us Americans think we have ANY say on who should and should not have nuclear weapons, because to date we are the only country to ever drop them on another country... and we dropped two.

Fun fact: The United States has 5,113 warheads in it's nuclear stockpile.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

......thats just 5,113 that they tell us about

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
They could have them, but only one prob they cant control there own people some times. if they cant do that how will they keep count and a reliable safe guard on a nuclear weapon?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NISMOALTI

No country can "control" their people, and to use that as an excuse as to why a country shouldn't possess nuclear weapons is laughable. You say that as if a nuclear weapon is something easily misplaced like a set of car keys, or will be handled like a slippery bar of soap by some Larry, Curly, and Mo type scientists.

American people aren't "controlled", yet I don't see nukes going missing, accidentally being set off, or launched at other countries on a daily basis.
edit on 7/2/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There are way to many countries getting nuke capabilities. We are going to blow ourselves to #. Unless there's some outside intervention..

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
well i think we are controlled by fear. its a free country till you do something to push the limits, you will go to jail. to most people that would be the end of there life, and there daily routine of waking up and going to work and being a good slave to money if u will. so ya i do think us americans are controlled to a point.

how many times has this country had a mistake with a nuclear bomb, or a broken arrow over its own soil. now what if that happened over there, and they failed to get control of it before some of the wrong people got it. you would have a rouge bomb out of your hand and a little mess to concern your self with.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Use Search,

This topic has been started multiple times.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

There are way to many countries getting nuke capabilities. We are going to blow ourselves to #. Unless there's some outside intervention..

Agreed. I dread the day that a nuke is used by some wacko terrorists or theocratic leaders.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Agreed. I dread the day that a nuke is used by some wacko terrorists or theocratic leaders.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Wot the home of where 14 of the 19 terroriist who carried out the 9/11 attack is going to go nuclear

How can Obama allow this to happen and should he not start another war making it lucky seven in all.

Well OK we know the saudi royals are personal freinds of GW-Bush and 9/11 was a inside job and five of the terrorists are still alive but this is a real bad plan because the Muslims on the street in Saudia Arabia hate the royals on prince so and so even said his family should make plans to leave the kingdom in the near future.

Surly the USA would not want any member of OPEC to gain more power for after all it is their fault for high pump prices is it not , s'n-word'

Should we not bomb the place for sending forces in to Barain to kill inocent protestor like they did in Libya

Looks to me that we are being dragged into a war with China and Russia and chest peaces are being positioned in a desperte attempt to keep the zionist banking system going or something and I don't think we are going to win in a million years.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Please contribute additional comments to previously existing thread: Saudi official. Riyadh will seek nukes if Iran gets them.

Thank you

Thread closed.

top topics

join