It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Base Discovered On Mars Close Up and Clear...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by torontoguy123

Wow. Those are definitely odd. On the one hand, they sure don't look natural. But on the other, if they are not, why would they permit it it to go up.

Certainly fascinating. Nice find.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Lightning the image comes up with an interesting view.It looks like something is standing inside it.Yes it is small blah blah.If it is a creature of some kind why must it match earth size?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by zatara

That image of Budapest is impressive -- but it isn't one single image, but rather a bunch of smaller images spliced together into a mosaic. The cameras used to take the pictures for the Budapest Gigapixel image were 25-megapixel cameras.

There are in fact cameras that take a single 1-gigapixel image, but even using that camera, we would not see the detail seen in that Budapest image.

Having said that, there are certainly better cameras out there than what was sent to Mars on the Rovers, but it's a matter of how much those cameras weigh. Every gram of weight on a spacecraft is a very precious (and expensive) thing. And then one needs to consider the bandwidth for the transmission of multi-gigapixel images back to Earth.

Budapest 70 billion pixel image how-they-did-it description:
www.engadget.com...

Link to a camera that takes 1-gigapixel images:
www.gigapxl.org...

I know.....but we are smart people and able to find solutions. We are there to see what is going on....that is why a camera is mounted on the Rover.

I am willing to wait a week or month extra for the Mega-Pixel data to be sent. Better to wait some more and see detail than to have instant photograph and see #. I also understand that at a certain point the resolution will be lost....there is no use for more in-zoming. Solution......drive a little closer.

It takes months and sometimes years to land on a planet or moon so why not invest some weeks on making these outstanding mega-pixel images. The weight problem....that is not really a problem we can not fix...it is more a problem of memory storage.

The first Appollo transmissions were black and white because color cameras were to heavy. Next thing they do is attaching a car onto the rocket so the austronauts can have a bigger radius to investigate the Moon. No color camera because of weight is a lame excuse if you would ask me. Bring one and leave it there....just like the car.

For you to understand my arguments: I strongly belief that NASA is holding back info from the people and has been/ is telling lies when needed.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
Lightning the image comes up with an interesting view.It looks like something is standing inside it.Yes it is small blah blah.If it is a creature of some kind why must it match earth size?

Standing inside what and where? I added brightness but couldn't see anything interesting. Please be more specific.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

good job you put that big red circle around it otherwise i'd have missed it
hhrrrrmph
sarcasm, i love it
but seriously they are only oddly shaped rocks
i cant see how you can figure an alien base there

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Interesting images . 

If you look at the surrounding topography its clear that this object is similar to its surroundings.

Its just a big rock.....

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
I am willing to wait a week or month extra for the Mega-Pixel data to be sent. Better to wait some more and see detail than to have instant photograph and see #. I also understand that at a certain point the resolution will be lost....there is no use for more in-zoming. Solution......drive a little closer.
One thing that, apparently, some people forget, is that is not the time that we are willing to wait that's important for the mission, it's the time they are willing to wait.

Also, you have to remember that when the resolution doubles (from a 1024 x 1024 image to a 2048 x 2048, for example), the amount of data is quadrupled. Communications between Earth and the Rovers are limited to certain occasions, when the satellites orbiting Mars are on the right place to transmit from Mars surface to Earth or vice-versa, even those 1024 x 1024 images the Rovers take, sometimes, were too much data for just one day.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by famalhut

Standing inside the object...what else?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
only the first one can perhaps on an really imaginative mind can be classified as a base

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I must also state that after viewing the OPs images given, It does look like a rock.
But I do respect the willingness to make a thread over something that should be debated .
Such as a alien base on mars...
Or a rock...

And here I end with ..the music video ,, Like a rock.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

rocks

no need for 2nd line,

but, for the record, i should have
known from THREAD TITLE..." close up and clear..."

its a wonder OP didnt use the words 100% proof...

seeya

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Diffenately a structure. Of you zoom and pan around I thought there was more structure. Once we started seeing formations and structures on Mars I have always wondered if we humans maybe long time past lived on Mars, destroyed it like we are doing know to earth, then the luckiest-rich elitest,got to be brought to earth, hence Adam and eve or whatever the amount

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Looks like a rock to me personally.

Look at Devil's Tower, to any aliens looking at our long-dead planet that would appear to be a missile silo or something.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I hope you realize that the size of that rock, and that's what it is, is around the size of a frog or dog.... I'm assuming you took note that this is a downward photo from the rover?

Perhaps proof of something millions of years ago, but no more.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Scytherius

They are rocks. Not a base, alien or otherwise. Humans, being pattern-matching machines, often see patterns in random images. It's like seeing animal shapes in clouds. These should have been labeled "anomalous rock formations" or "apparently artificial formations". Straight lines or angles do not equal "alien base".

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
i live in eugene oregon,, right by my house there is a butte..on one side has basalt piilars that look very similar to these..now im not debunking, just saying and offering this info.. ill try to find a link to pics of them

www.dustybootsphotography.com...

edit on 2-7-2011 by sol420 because: added link

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Its a rock. Obviously there are going to be stranger rock formations on an alien planet than here on Earth.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I've been trying to locate data with specifics on the geologic location of this tower-like structure; Mars' orbital position around the Sun when this photo was taken; and the estimated distance from Spirit Rover's panaramic camera to this object when the photo was taken.

Primarily, I'd like an idea of the scale of the objects in the vicinity of SOL 1402. I think it's clear that Spirit is on the high ground imaging the downward slope, but once again I can't gauge topographical contour intervals, nor scale the object of interest & surrounding rock formations.

Here is a color photo of the object that reveals the surrounding area in greater detail: www.nivnac.co.uk...

Do I think it is representative of an alien base? No. At best I'd say it is representative of a strange looking benchmark located in the middle of nowhere (as most benchmarks seem to be situated), but even then I must own that it is probably nothing more than a geologic formation. Why? Geologic formations such as these on Earth occur less human intervention: webecoist.com...

I'm not suggesting that these photos & their follow-on descriptions debunk the hypothesis that this tower-like formation on Mars was not manufactured, but rather that there is evidence in our own back yard that rock/geological formations occur on Earth that betray our own instinct or intuition.

So what is my position? This tower-like object was not manufactured. I think it'd be fascinating & exciting were it conclusively demonstrated that it was manufactured, but I don't think this image conclusively proves that. With that said, however, I like what you've brought to the thread & am certainly open to the possibility that life may be out there/have been out there ... somewhere!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Here are two more pictures from two more different angles (different than my previous posts). I marked the object in red, and provided a link to the NASA original images (images without the red arrow).

I still think it looks like a rock, much like all the other rocks strewn about this area. I see nothing that makes me believe it is artificial.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d18ec889c38.jpg[/atsimg]
Original NASA image:
marsrover.nasa.gov...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9efa180ffd1f.jpg[/atsimg]
Original NASA image:
marsrover.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Double post again...sorry.

(I really need to stop hitting "reply" when I want to edit...
)
edit on 7/2/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join