It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystic 60 metre big circular object found on the the baltic sea floor by treasurehunters.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
hmm very interesting i like the idea that is some sort of stonehenge like monument or maybe an underwater marker of some sort anyways i really hope they do some more exploration on this

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Could be something like a placed sensor package or an underwater drop-box of sorts. Towed into place by some ship, and then anchored with concrete.

What? When it comes to submarine warfare, do you think NATO or Russia tells people about these things?

No matter what it turns out to be, I think it would be interesting to take a closer look. At least that should end the guesses and speculation.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
First thought: Underwater Caldera
===========================

A Caldera, as many of you know, is a crater-like hole or cavity caused by a specific type of volcano. This feature is normally associated with volcanoes that have already erupted. These types of volcanoes can be super-volcanoes, which are incredibly massive and destructive.

This type of bubbling up, slowly, then collapsing in on itself could potentially create the formation we're seeing here. The edges would be slightly raised up in relation to the surrounding see floor.

The "skid mark" could easily be the result of this formation causing interference in the normal flow of water through that area.

Circular shapes are not that odd, from a natural perspective
============================================

When you start seeing geometric regularity, like right angles, boxes, and repetitious geometric patterns then red flags go up and you think this thing may be artificial. But a circular shape, or a cauldron like depression, or crater are very normal and natural occurrences.

I think trying to attribute this to a UFO is a very weak logical leap: It's a disc shape when looking at it from the top down, therefore it might be a giant disc-shaped ship. There is a skid mark, maybe like one you'd see scraped over someone's lawn if a smaller disc shaped craft crashed there? I'm going to say no on this one. Seem like too weak of a connection.

The observer
============

I don't think the discovery can be immediately dismissed as unimportant natural phenomenon. You have to consider that this experienced diver is claiming to have "never seen anything like it" in almost two decades worth of diving experience.

It is certainly possible that he has never seen an underwater caldera in person. This type of finding would certainly be incredible!

The observer made the claim that it was concrete, rock, or steel, or something like that. I would like to hear more about that. Did he touch it? Did they get a better picture? How close did they get in person? Did they recover a sample?

TL;DR
It's interesting, but I think we can rule out artificial unless some pretty remarkable evidence is produced. An underwater caldera seems more likely.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Cool, obviously a fossilized mk II medium recon ship from civilization 1

Cosmic...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Triztheone

Why does it have to be old? If it was in the middle of the sea it couldve crashed 3 months ago for all we know and that's why it's not completely covered with sand.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: Uhmmm?

The millenium falcon is far to SMALL ...by 50% ... M.F. = 30m DIAMETER!!! [I wookipedia's it
]

Also this spot in this part of the Baltic Sea ...is the LOWEST point in that area and since ww2 there are many sunken water going vessels and ships [big ones..subs included] and there are such things as under water SINKHOLES!

Ok putting that all together.

Its a sinkhole at the deepest spot in this area where many human ships and subs and munnitions were either sunk or dumped.

Personal Disclosure: But until further investigation is COMPLETED I'd be hesitant to rule anything out!

Explanation: Seems it has been almost conclusively solved without any need to resort to another dive etc and here is a good reason why ...

USO disk discovered on sea bed between Sweden and Finland is actually a Russian Coastal Defense Vess (by remyrange posted on 4-8-2011 @ 01:46 PM) [ATS Aliens & UFOs Forum]

Personal Disclosure: It seems OL was bang on the money again!
Kudos to remyrange for an awesome job on finding a very very credible answer to what it just may be! They deserve a Flag and a St*r if any member is feeling generous!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Saw this today
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I noticed in the Yahoo article they said this was discovered in August...has been a thread on here since February 2011...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

If the "skid" mark is legit, it cannot be that Russian craft. Note: I'm not saying the skid mark is legit.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Calderas are far larger than this, so that explanation doesn't fit. Volcanos tend to create mountains, so that does fit either, unless someone knows of a caldera or volcano that fits this description.

From the links provided, the Russians only made 3 of these round ships, and all three are accounted for, so unless there is some record of a fourth ship that somehow wound up near Sweden, than this explanation that it is one of these Russian ships is extremely unlikely.

While 300M is not an impossible depth, it is certainly very deep, and a challenging costly dive. I hope someone gets the chance to explore this further. It sure makes one think crashed UFO.

Unreported sunken oil rig maybe?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
so could this be the start of project bluebeam??
( meaning they pull the ship out = Alien Invasion? )

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
It isn't caldera, its solid object. They did sonar and its massive cylinder with 60 metre diameter and 400 metre long tail. This is getting interesting, actually it could be aliens. Maybe they crashed with their ufo. But its weird that there is another object next to it. But it must have been hit sea bottom at high speed, and with very low angle. Or this must have been part of land sometime.

Now they want start making tourist trips to there

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel
But it must have been hit sea bottom at high speed, and with very low angle.

Exactly. If it is true there are track/skid marks, it's not likely to be some underwater Stonehenge now is it?
Something was moving and came to rest. I'm guessing there is a more mundane explanation than folks would like. Otherwise - don't you think the authorities would be all over this like a rash?

edit on 29-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
From one of the threads that was closed (because you all beat them) sounds like a return trip may happen in May when the Baltic calms enough to increase safety.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
could it have something to do with that phenomenon that happened in Norway a while back? On the map it is close. Could it be?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Scaledown

IT IS THE MILLENIUM FALCON!!! Don't you guys see George Lucas came to earth in it and parked it there for safe keeping while he made all his movies for us he obviously used it as a model for the craft in the movie..jokes aside it would be great if they found something otherworldly down there and the great thing about it is the objects depth and position the governments can't just walk up to it and whisk it away to lift this thing would require a massive salvage operation huge floating cranes support craft ,saturation diving vessels I should know I have done a few salvages in my time it is not something you do easily and quickly lots of preparation is involved so time will tell what is down there ,it's not going anywhere fast that is for sure.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
So they were supposed to arrive at the site yesterday:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Deep sea divers using remote-controlled cameras are heading to the site on Friday. They'll try to determine the exact identity of the object, which side-scan sonar first revealed in June 2011.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It could be something from an ancient volcanic vent also and a small blast could have formed a skid mark type blowout. Could be just about anything, that area could have been pushed down by a glacier at one time also. It could have been on an island above sea level. I read an article that stated there was a big petrified tree stump which formed an island. It was a really big tree stump because the island was maybe about a quarter mile around.

Seems to me they could get a sub out there quick. Maybe they have already and it's in conflict with some present scientific principals. Give them a year to figure how to explain it with something we may believe. They'll have to slowly release other evidence before rediscovering this one.
edit on 2-6-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed it looks just like the U.F.O.'s that swarmed that tethered satellite that broke away on one of the shuttle missions?

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

found this image there is a huge gouge mark on the sea bed on the right hand side of the object and the surrounding sea bed is discoloured....

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join