It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystic 60 metre big circular object found on the the baltic sea floor by treasurehunters.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
Maybe they found the drain plug. Nobody touch it.

Brilliant. Most logical explanation so far....

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
WOW!! That thing looks like it can make at least .5 past light speed! Incredible!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
So why havn't they sent something down to check it out in closer detail?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Explanation: Uhmmm?

The millenium falcon is far to SMALL ...by 50% ... M.F. = 30m DIAMETER!!! [I wookipedia's it
]

Also this spot in this part of the Baltic Sea ...is the LOWEST point in that area and since ww2 there are many sunken water going vessels and ships [big ones..subs included] and there are such things as under water SINKHOLES!

Ok putting that all together.

Its a sinkhole at the deepest spot in this area where many human ships and subs and munnitions were either sunk or dumped.

Personal Disclosure: But until further investigation is COMPLETED I'd be hesitant to rule anything out!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

i am guessing because they know more or less what it is but are using the suspense and hype to gain funds or attention? possibly?
I still stand by my previous bet that it is the russian popov warships, they were cruising the baltic since late 1800's...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Originally posted by heineken

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Reminds of one of those archeological finds of an ancient village. Some of them were constructed in a circular formation. Considering the 'natural' formation, this has me stumped:

See how the above and below cuts seem to match?
spec

huh?!?

That did sound a little confusing huh? What I meant was the whole thing reminds me of an aerial view of a village that archeologists sometimes find.
Then, the sample pic I cut does not seem 'natural' because the, hmmm....3 pronged shape on top and bottom seem to be similar in size/shape.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

On the question if this could be a sink bomb from the first world wat

war**

If the report of 60 Meters in diameter was accurate, i was not aware they had bombs that big during that era, or even today??? surely we can rule 'sink bomb' out

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Let's just go with a AR approach.
You find a completely circular object on the sea floor. It has not been properly examined.
Most likely possibilities:
1. A meteorite crater
2. A caldera from an extinct volcano.
3. - 100. (tens of other documented geologic possibilities)

How does UFO slip up to the top of this list?
I love ATS, but when this kind of logic rears it's head (and it does too often)... I gotta call ya on it.

edit on 3-7-2011 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It's obviously the missing roof for Stone Henge. That being said treasure hunters are the kind of guys who probably wont disclose the precise location of intrest. It could be valuable. Even if they find something of worth they probably will shut up untill they can make their money out of it.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chrissiel123

Wow , yeh , i realy couldn't think of anything it could be ,i had no idea those things even exsisted well done i think we have a winner.
I'd heard and seen some things about the american ironclads but that the russians produced round ones seems quite Bizzare.

Some info on the Russian Ironclad Novgorod (1874)

www.cityofart.net...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I figured it out it's King Neptune's scepter-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25664b09ee8e.jpg[/atsimg]

[ / end thread ]

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
At 60 meters diameter, close to 200 feet, this is too large, by far, to be the Novgorod, Russian circular ironclad ship, even if it had been in the Baltic Sea. This seems remarkably large, too, for the foundations of a bridge, so old as to have been forgotten about. Given something as notably circular as this, a meteor crater doesn't seem too unreasonable a possibility. To me, it looks more like a shallow hole than a built-up object. The newspaper is a tabloid, tending toward the sensational. I've not been able to find a single other journalistic account of the discovery, not even a copy or summary of the original article. Ross

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
www.aftonbladet.se...

Update on the article.

To sum up what they say in the news-video; nobody has any idea what it is. "Many experts"(ufo-researchers and scientists) have been looking in to it and still no one knows. By the end of the article he says that the thing he wants most right now is to go there and send down equipment to look closer to what it could be.

Edit: Though this newspaper is the typical massmedia paper, makin everything hysterical and creating panic. It's not a good source...
edit on 16-7-2011 by Azmodan85 because: See edit

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

" im standing on the corner in Winslow arizona and such a fine sight to see,
Its a girl my lord on a flat deck ford slowin down to take a look at me....
Take it easy take it easy hmmm hmmm

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Triztheone

To be honest, i dont think this anything. I cannot see the "perfect circle" at all.

What is interesting to point out would be the horizontal "scan lines" which obviously are coming from the radar/sonar they used to scan this area, artifacts produced by the photographing/scanning process.

This appears to introduce the illusion that the "object" is made of several geometrical segments w/ straight cuts etc..which IMO are only a product of those scan lines. (The straight features of the object are on the same position as those lines...)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
So why havn't they sent something down to check it out in closer detail?

Who are "they", and who's paying?

It's interesting to see that when you find an unknown imprint on the bottom of the Baltic Sea that could have a perfectly reasonable explanation (natural geology, meteorite impact, trawl mark), you get an avalanche of flags and stars (not that those matters or indicate anything) and people line up for more or less wild guessing,

But when you find a 24 km long wall (!) out in the Indian Ocean, investigated by Indian archaeologist and proven to be man-made (!) and more than 8000 years old (!) - in short a tremendous archaeologial find that will re-write Indian and human history as we know it - then it's generally ignored, with a handfull of "oh that's cool" remarks.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Should I draw the conclusion that people who visit this web site is basically just interested in the wild guessing and the speculation rather than denying ignorance and to find out the truth?

PS: Moderator, there are three different threads running on this story, one is in the Breaking Alternative News section, the other in the Alien & UFOs section and this one in the Grey Area Personal Stories section.

Talk about a broad topic...
edit on 21-7-2011 by Heliocentric because: The moment two bubbles are united, they both vanish. A lotus blooms.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberslammer69
If I see a bunch of Swedes chasing a Husky in a helicopter on the beach I'm bailing.

dont worry, just call Kurt Russel, he'll sort it out right quick

funny enough, first thing i thought of seeing the picks was the thing

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Triztheone

They have free parking there
S&F

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
At 60 meters diameter, close to 200 feet, this is too large, by far, to be the Novgorod, Russian circular ironclad ship, even if it had been in the Baltic Sea. This seems remarkably large, too, for the foundations of a bridge, so old as to have been forgotten about. Given something as notably circular as this, a meteor crater doesn't seem too unreasonable a possibility. To me, it looks more like a shallow hole than a built-up object. The newspaper is a tabloid, tending toward the sensational. I've not been able to find a single other journalistic account of the discovery, not even a copy or summary of the original article. Ross

Here are a couple other sources, that are a bit more reputable:
News.com.au
MSN.com

As to why they don't investigate, they said it is outside the scope of their search. In other words, they don't want to risk their credibility by searching for underwater UFOs. Funding is also very hard to come by, they say, and it would not be a cheap undertaking.

Yes, there is a possibility it could be a UFO, but my guess is the explorers realize the chance of that is astronomically low, and that it is likely a natural formation of sorts. They probably just wanted to stir up some buzz, so they span the story a bit to get people talking, and maybe get some extra funding. Or, if you are dead set on it being a UFO, I guess you could say they wanted to 'claim' it as theirs if anyone else retrieves it, without having to actually do the work.

The only thing I find odd about this story, is you would think it wouldn't be too expensive to 'probe' a little deeper. I know it's too deep to send a diver, but couldn't they lower one of their underwater cameras down? That makes me think they either already know the truth.

Maybe they confirmed it was a UFO but they didn't want to be the ones who find it, because they didn't want to mysteriously disappear a few weeks later when the authorities came to clean up the witnesses. Haha I shouldn't joke about things like that on this board, people might take me seriously

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Karstic sinkhole on the seabed. Remnant of the glaciers. You don't think the floor of the ocean is flat do you?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join