It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous attacks Monsanto

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+65 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Just thought I'd share this. It's kind of funny how this has gotten no news attention. Maybe to many people would join anonymous' side...

edit on 2-7-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Also for those that want their voice to be heard join the anonymous irc. It can be found on the twitter anonymousirc.

+47 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Glad to see them doing some good, that's one company I'd love to see go quickly bankrupt and its executives getting charged with corporate manslaughter.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Best headline of the morning!
GO Anon, whomever you may really be.

and what are you doing it for, really?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This is brilliant.

Not just the pop at mosanto, but seeing that IRC, a pocket full of wingates and the same old nuke scripts are still giving the evil ones a headache in 2011 is simply wonderful.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I love AnonymousPaine's rehash of the Charlie Chaplin speech from The Great Dictator.

It is in response to Operation Independence, an education campaign.

Learn more and get involved - What Is The Plan

United as One. Divided by Zero. Expect Us.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
pfff just taking down websites with ddos is useless, even helps to improve their security on their website.

what have they really achieved so far?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I am pleased to see this too.

I still worry about the backlash of anonymous attacks though. Especially as monsanto are in bed with the US government.

+36 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
pfff just taking down websites with ddos is useless, even helps to improve their security on their website.

what have they really achieved so far?

More than you :]

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think DDoS is just a distraction tactic, while the real hackers come in from behind and get in another way, when they're looking one way, they're not looking the other. And would allow them to sneak in and get what they need.

Anon is everyone, everyone can be anon.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I have yet to see ANYONE come out in Monsantos defence. Except maybe their attornies.

I looked and could not find a thread in here where one ATS'er wrote he used to work at a resort. While working at the resort there was convention of Monsanto employee's. Normally,they put up the names of the Companies at the resort on the marquee, and share who the guests are, with the employee's.

Not the Monsanto group.

He said it was creepy,and there were body guards everywhere. The only way everyone knew who the group was,was through whispers to each other.

Nice lifestyle if you want it I guess.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Yes you are right.
vid is not really related but kinda

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
I am pleased to see this too.

I still worry about the backlash of anonymous attacks though. Especially as monsanto are in bed with the US government.

Thirty members of congress are corporate investors. No wonder Monsanto always gets their way. I have GMO induced food allergies so I would like to see these evil bastards get what they so justly deserve. Hooray for the good guys.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591

Yes this however I don't think Monsanto would host any sensitive info on their webserver

Generally speaking (i don't know about this company for sure), but most webservers are still on the company network, they're just in the DMZ, and for those who are unsure what it means, it means that it sits outside of the internal network. The webserver is still connected to the network somewhere. The webserver sits outside of the intranet, but it's still possible to get in. With the right skills.

I may have my terminology mixed up, but the point is valid.

edit on 2/7/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/7/11 by AzureSky because: DMZ stands for Demilitarized Zone. All routers have this options, essentially placing whichever network object, -outside- of the router, logically.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I seen this anon vid a few times already, I just made a thread Yesterday about This Guy Thomas Paines Youtube channel I just so happen to subscribe to him a few months ago... Anyways I started A thread on this yesterday.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

Originally posted by mb2591

Yes this however I don't think Monsanto would host any sensitive info on their webserver

Generally speaking (i don't know about this company for sure), but most webservers are still on the company network, they're just in the DMZ, and for those who are unsure what it means, it means that it sits outside of the internal network. The webserver is still connected to the network somewhere. The webserver sits outside of the intranet, but it's still possible to get in. With the right skills.

I may have my terminology mixed up, but the point is valid.

edit on 2/7/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/7/11 by AzureSky because: DMZ stands for Demilitarized Zone. All routers have this options, essentially placing whichever network object, -outside- of the router, logically.

No.. Your right thats why i edited my post.. because i dont think the general population understands the innerworkings of ze interwebz

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Libran1

My thread is different to your thread.. what r u talking about

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Haha, you're right. Most of the populace has no idea about it. But you know, not everyone is interested in that sort of thing. I am, Hella good with a computer. Just not in a programming sense.

Im sure Monsanto has a few deterrents for hackers, but you cannot stop a hacker, no matter how hard you try, no matter what you buy, which security you use. If a hacker wants something, s/he will have it.

Im not placing hackers up on a pedestal or anything, but it makes sense. When you're on the internet, your putting yourself out there, even if its just a webserver.

I read an article a few months ago about how there are several hackers just kind of sitting in the NASA servers, until one of them got arrested and trialed. I'm not sure what came of it though.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This isn't enough, more needs to be done to this company. I have an immense hatred towards Monsanto and everything it tries to accomplish. Hackers need to get in and take documents off their databases expose them for what they are, then post them everywhere. Even then I don't think it would be enough. Its sad to think that a plant that took how many millions of years to evolve through the chaos of nature, could be improved upon. Self righteous a**holes.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
yay anon!!! kick azz

they made an error in their speech though... round up is an herbicide not a pesticide. other than that good target

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join